ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... I've been on waitlist for some BLT points since before the price increase and I haven't gotten a call yet. So, somebody's buying what they're taking. If everyone was saying "pass" I think I would have gotten a call by now. I do understand they can't sell stripped contracts, but still. I've gotten calls for SSR and BWV in the meantime. I think a lot of people want small add ons and the resale savings is less significant on small contracts.

I considered calling to be taken off the waitlist, but I'm curious to see how long it takes. I don't plan on paying $225.

Also, I do have 2 relatives that just purchased AKV direct, but they were first time buyers and want benefits including the ability to be able to trade into new resorts. I feel like this board is the Budget Board 2.0 (lol) and we're all very concerned about price. Not everyone is.

Well I must have been on the waitlist within a week of our BLT contract being taken our Guide called and offered us BLT August for $225 a point. I did tell him no thank you we are not interested in paying that for points.

The one time we tried to buy through Fidelity we had issues too and contract was cancelled. They get a lot of distressed contracts that DVC refers to them. That's why they tend to have good deals in my opinion.

I sold a contract through them with no issues, but I was a regular seller. Also, the price they told me to list my contract at was very high IMO. It did sell for close(ish) to asking. I did have a lot of trouble when I went to buy one through them though. It got cancelled when the seller's adult kids kept using her points and she wouldn't cancel the reservations.

If DVC buys a contact through ROFR, does the Broker still get their commission?

Yes, they still get their commission.

Fidelity. I know others have had good experiences, but they've been beyond horrible for me. I think it must be the particular individual that I'm working with.

I am currently waiting on the closing documents for my contract with Fidelity and it has been over 5 weeks since I passed ROFR :headache: The communication from Fidelity has been just all right and I think the wait has more to do with the title company :crazy2: Avoid First American Title Company at all costs :scared:

Fidelity. I know others have had good experiences, but they've been beyond horrible for me. I think it must be the particular individual that I'm working with.

It seems like one broker is really good and the other isn't the best. Mine never told me that my contract had been taken. I got my deposit check back in the mail and called her! My ROFR letter was sitting in a pile on her desk and she hadn't read it yet!

The one time we tried to buy through Fidelity we had issues too and our contract was cancelled after it had been in ROFR for 8 days. They get a lot of distressed contracts that DVC refers to them. That's why they tend to have good deals in my opinion.
My first resale was through Fidelity, they failed to notify me when we passed ROFR, I figured it out when I got the documents for closing from the title company. Then the sellers took so long to get their closing documents back (divorcing) that I lost any hope of using the unbanked current years points (I’d assumed I wouldn’t be able to use them when I offered) - I can’t fault Fidelity for that, though, as it could happen w/ any seller. Not the best experience, but if they had a contract I wanted at a great price (factoring in their additional administrative fee) I’d use them again. However, I was relieved that my second contract and the one I’m in ROFR on at the moment were through the TSS, much smoother sailing :)

Nope - but my situation is entirely the broker's fault. I think they failed to communicate back to Disney when Disney was asking questions about my contract. And they still haven't told me exactly what happened. From what I can gather, at some point the Seller signed an addendum to our contract (which we never saw) and then there was some back and forth about the number of points available under my contract. I didn't find out about these issues until last Monday/Tuesday (despite numerous phone calls and several assurances that everything was fine). During this same conversation, they also told me that my 30-day period didn't start until last Monday (the 18th) even though my contract was submitted on January 9th originally (and, therefore, I'm grandfathered in). I was told that Disney is expediting my contract for what it's worth and that chances are I'm going to be fine because Disney "never" takes contracts that they ask questions about. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and will never again use/recommend this broker. They have not called me once with an update. I've had to initiate all communications. It's been a terrible experience.

As someone considering buying - what broker should I avoid here? What a nightmare.

ETA: Saw it was fidelity. Thanks.

Nope - but my situation is entirely the broker's fault. I think they failed to communicate back to Disney when Disney was asking questions about my contract. And they still haven't told me exactly what happened. From what I can gather, at some point the Seller signed an addendum to our contract (which we never saw) and then there was some back and forth about the number of points available under my contract. I didn't find out about these issues until last Monday/Tuesday (despite numerous phone calls and several assurances that everything was fine). During this same conversation, they also told me that my 30-day period didn't start until last Monday (the 18th) even though my contract was submitted on January 9th originally (and, therefore, I'm grandfathered in). I was told that Disney is expediting my contract for what it's worth and that chances are I'm going to be fine because Disney "never" takes contracts that they ask questions about. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and will never again use/recommend this broker. They have not called me once with an update. I've had to initiate all communications. It's been a terrible experience.
Sorry you have had such a terrible experience hopefully getting the contract and having years of Disney Magic will make up for it :) I'm sending positive vibes your way, you deserve it after all this. Good luck and keep us updated

I am currently waiting on the closing documents for my contract with Fidelity and it has been over 5 weeks since I passed ROFR :headache: The communication from Fidelity has been just all right and I think the wait has more to do with the title company :crazy2: Avoid First American Title Company at all costs :scared:

Wow- surprised your documents are taking so long. My contract passed ROFR on 2/12 and I got my document last night and will be returning today. I am working with Buy & Sell DVC and Duncan Title. Been really easy except for the long ROFR time (34 days).

I sold a contract through them with no issues, but I was a regular seller. Also, the price they told me to list my contract at was very high IMO. It did sell for close(ish) to asking. I did have a lot of trouble when I went to buy one through them though. It got cancelled when the seller's adult kids kept using her points and she wouldn't cancel the reservations.

Yes, they still get their commission.

So, since this is the case, the Broker can list low if the seller is willing to list low and having knowledge that the contract will most likely be taken by DVC. They really have no incentive for the buyer to pass ROFR? They are getting their commission either way.

I’ve been stalking this board....and waiting!! Oh, and I had to get a new account because it’s been awhile since I’ve posted on these boards, so this isn’t technically my first post. So excited!!

Hmiller0923---$100-$16670-150-SSR-Aug-150/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 2/1, passed 2/28

Last edited:
It's only been 2 days, and I'm almost positive Disney is going to snipe my contract, and still the wait is killing me.

Lord beer me strength!

Oh my gosh, same!!! I just know mine will be taken despite knowing there is no rhyme or reason and it can really vary. Fingers crossed for both of us and that time passes quickly and our contracts go through!

I’ve been stalking this board....and waiting!! Oh, and I had to get a new account because it’s been awhile since I’ve posted on these boards, so this isn’t technically my first post. So excited!!

Hmiller0923---$100-$16670-150-SSR-Aug-150/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 2/1, passed 2/28

Wow, great contract! Congrats :-)

This gives me great hope mine will pass as it was a 200 SSR same use year, loaded to the tits as well and we got it at 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter