ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree with the others. I think they are holding onto them to see if they can use them.

Yeah, they try to match them up to the wait list as best they can. There's a certain threshold where they do that. If the price is too low or too high, or the contract has weird combinations of banked/borrowed points that makes the flip "messy", they'll act more quickly

Just looking on comptroller's website. Surprising how many direct sales Disney Vacation Developments have made on SSR in the last few weeks (mainly SSR other than Poly). Looks like they have had a real splurge on ROFR on SSR recently.

They have bought back a fair amount of SSR lately, but most are probably from foreclosures. SSR is a bit more desirable now that Disney Springs is fully up and running.

Interesting that when DVD do a direct sale, they list the price as '$10 and other valuable considerations' so you cannot see how much was paid. So many people buy with a loan (mortgage) that immediately proceeds the deed it gives you an idea if you work out what the deposit is likely to have been.

The "deed doc tax" is .7%. So, take that number in the upper right corner and divide it by .007 to get the purchase price (accurate within $50 since there could have been that tiny bit of rounding in the other direction.)

Yeah, they try to match them up to the wait list as best they can. There's a certain threshold where they do that. If the price is too low or too high, or the contract has weird combinations of banked/borrowed points that makes the flip "messy", they'll act more quickly

They have bought back a fair amount of SSR lately, but most are probably from foreclosures. SSR is a bit more desirable now that Disney Springs is fully up and running.

The "deed doc tax" is .7%. So, take that number in the upper right corner and divide it by .007 to get the purchase price (accurate within $50 since there could have been that tiny bit of rounding in the other direction.)
Yes good spot, you are better at math than me. SSR is being sold at $140 a point doing the tax back calculation, nearly twice what I just paid resale for a fully loaded contract. Then they are paying for it with a big Disney mortgage.

supersnoop---$53-$9785-150-HH-Jun-87/16, 300/17, 150/18-Fidelity Fee include- sent 1/24/2017

Couldn't pass up this loaded contract.
supersnoop---$53-$9785-150-HH-Jun-87/16, 300/17, 150/18-Fidelity Fee include- sent 1/31/2017 - passed 2/20/2017

I had to correct the "sent" date. Apparently that was miscommunicated. And we had a typo on the contract so we had to file an amendment with Disney. Took a little longer than I expected, but we passed today

Interesting that when DVD do a direct sale, they list the price as '$10 and other valuable considerations' so you cannot see how much was paid. So many people buy with a loan (mortgage) that immediately proceeds the deed it gives you an idea if you work out what the deposit is likely to have been.

Just shows you how many people impulsively buy. I just bought a loaded contract for SSR for $75 a point.

Yes good spot, you are better at math than me. SSR is being sold at $140 a point doing the tax back calculation, nearly twice what I just paid resale for a fully loaded contract. Then they are paying for it with a big Disney mortgage.

Sounds like a steal to me! :laughing:

Price just went up to $145/point so in a way they got a discount! ;)

Just looking on comptroller's website. Surprising how many direct sales Disney Vacation Developments have made on SSR in the last few weeks (mainly SSR other than Poly). Looks like they have had a real splurge on ROFR on SSR recently.

What is the link for that site? Thanks!

You are making me nervous...

Sorry!

Glencoe---$106-$18336-160-BLT-Mar-0/16, 118/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 2/17

I have still be checking out contracts available for BLT and admiring the deal I got, but am so worried about ROFR....how is the track record for BLT?

Thank you for entertaining my slightly-off-post questions in this thread before, it's helped me to take the plunge:

nerdyjules---$79-$17118-200-AKV-Sep-0/16, 229/17, 200/18-Seller pays closing- sent 2/21

I'm nervous because the brokers' newsletter reports that ROFR was just recently exercised on an AKV contract very similar to this (loaded in 2017) with a slightly higher price/point... and an observable trend across all resales of ROFR up by 100% in January with a heavy emphasis on loaded contracts. So fingers crossed!

Assuming success and closing in the standard time frame (so the ability to book in... May), what do you think are odds of getting a 2-bdrm at AKV for 7-8 days around the end of Oct/first two weeks of November 2017?

Thank you for entertaining my slightly-off-post questions in this thread before, it's helped me to take the plunge:

nerdyjules---$79-$17118-200-AKV-Sep-0/16, 229/17, 200/18-Seller pays closing- sent 2/21

I'm nervous because the brokers' newsletter reports that ROFR was just recently exercised on an AKV contract very similar to this (loaded in 2017) with a slightly higher price/point... and an observable trend across all resales of ROFR up by 100% in January with a heavy emphasis on loaded contracts. So fingers crossed!

Assuming success and closing in the standard time frame (so the ability to book in... May), what do you think are odds of getting a 2-bdrm at AKV for 7-8 days around the end of Oct/first two weeks of November 2017?
I wouldn't consider a contract with 29 out of 200 current-year points (banked into next year) to be "loaded." That term is typically used to describe a contract with all of last years points banked into the current year.

I think your odds are good for that res. It's food and wine but AKV isn't the most saught after resort for that event. Good luck with ROFR, Its an awesome contract.

I wouldn't consider a contract with 29 out of 200 current-year points (banked into next year) to be "loaded." That term is typically used to describe a contract with all of last years points banked into the current year.

Okay thanks! It's my misused term - what I meant was the other contract where ROFR was exercised was similar to this, a full 2017 and a few extra points from the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter