ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help friends! I’m in negotiations on a contract with fidelity.

100 pt, 200 banked for this year. List was 105, I offered 95. They came back at 100. We pay closing and ‘23 mf. I said they pay service fee and they want me to pay it. That’s $2/pt more. I should walk away right?
I agree that Aulani has further to fall. I just started offering on AUL, BRV and AKL contracts in January. These are the first offers I have ever made on a DVC contract. Anyway, the first offer I made was on 1/13 on an AUL contract that was almost exactly what you described. The seller came back at $100pp. This contract is still sitting for sale. I then offered on a few other ones like this and got a counter of $100pp again. All of these had double points for 2023. What I am trying to say is that you should be able to get this deal fairly easily right now. I was not willing to pay more than $90pp so kept looking and then decided to go with AKL instead.

I agree that Aulani has further to fall. I just started offering on AUL, BRV and AKL contracts in January. These are the first offers I have ever made on a DVC contract. Anyway, the first offer I made was on 1/13 on an AUL contract that was almost exactly what you described. The seller came back at $100pp. This contract is still sitting for sale. I then offered on a few other ones like this and got a counter of $100pp again. All of these had double points for 2023. What I am trying to say is that you should be able to get this deal fairly easily right now. I was not willing to pay more than $90pp so kept looking and then decided to go with AKL instead.
I love how you're hopping back and forth between this buyer's thread, and the seller's thread on a different page. Perhaps we should connect the two camps to set more realistic expectations on both sides.

i have severe addonitis! what is the cure?
I think I may have found it. We were thinking of grabbing another contract, but adding more points meant another or longer annual trip to WDW or Aulani, and THAT would mean reducing or eliminating one of our other non-Disney vacations/trips (there's only so much time in the year). I need variety and I'm not going to miss out on our other family activities (like our camping/overlanding/adventure trips). Things need to be balanced.

I think I may have found it. We were thinking of grabbing another contract, but adding more points meant another or longer annual trip to WDW or Aulani, and THAT would mean reducing or eliminating one of our other non-Disney vacations/trips (there's only so much time in the year). I need variety and I'm not going to miss out on our other family activities (like our camping/overlanding/adventure trips). Things need to be balanced.
Orrrr you just upgrade to the grand villa and blow through points and still go on the other vacations. 😈

This doesn't apply to most people that are new to DVC ownership, or at least within 4-5 years of ownership. After that, I can see people wanting a little more balance in their vacations. But the first few years, there is nothing buy Disney! At least that's the way it's been for me.

This doesn't apply to most people that are new to DVC ownership, or at least within 4-5 years of ownership. After that, I can see people wanting a little more balance in their vacations. But the first few years, there is nothing buy Disney! At least that's the way it's been for me.
We’re from the UK, with an almost school aged child, it means one 14-21 night trip a year to Disney but then a couple of short haul European trips for us. So that’ll be what stops us buying more!

IF we were closer, didn’t have a 5 hour time zone to adjust to…We’d absolutely go more than once a year 😅

We’re from the UK, with an almost school aged child, it means one 14-21 night trip a year to Disney but then a couple of short haul European trips for us. So that’ll be what stops us buying more!

IF we were closer, didn’t have a 5 hour time zone to adjust to…We’d absolutely go more than once a year 😅
We're a family from Hawaii with 8 and 6 year olds. I wish I can make it to WDW once a year, but can only go every other year, for 2 weeks during late summer. We also go to DLR once or twice a year for a week, usually in the summer or in November. Other times, we just do staycations, at Aulani. LOL. I really need some vacation diversity. But I don't want to!

We are UK and we go twice a year... !

Yeah, as I've said before, we did the Machu Picchu 4-day REI trek two years ago, and visited the Valley of the Kings and Giza last year. We visited Angkor Wat pre-pandemic. Petra is next on the bucket list.

If you enter in a loaded, unsubsidized AUL 100 pt contract in the board sponsor's instant sale option, the board sponsor gives an estimated value of $124/pt and an instant sale offer of $99/pt. This is most likely why sellers are coming back at $100/pt. Not sure how long the instant sale quote is valid for, but I'm sure most sellers will keep it long for as long as the quote is valid to see if they get any bites at the higher price range. At least, that's what I would do as a seller.

Do sellers ever back out after they have Ben sent the closing documents to sign? Just curious as I wait for them to return their closing documents.

Do sellers ever back out after they have Ben sent the closing documents to sign? Just curious as I wait for them to return their closing documents.
Hasn't happened to me (knock on wood) but there have been others that have reported it happening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter