ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goodness! We just sent it a couple hours ago. I hope we get notified tomorrow that it was received! It took us a good 20 minutes of rechecking EVERYTHING 10 times before clicking submit. We were so scared to push the button lol
Sounds like you may have already sent the wire transfer, but I learned after my first resale contract that it's best to wire after you know the seller has sent their docs in. It took more than two weeks for the seller to return the docs and that whole time I was worried like crazy since we had 20k+ just sitting their in escrow wondering if the seller was going to back out or worse yet, use some of the points! Lots of potential for things to still go wrong (hope nothing does in your case and closing goes smoothly). Since then, I've asked the title companies to inform me of when the seller hands in their docs before wiring the money.

Yes, but ROFR helps keep the value of your membership. Buyers say they want prices to drop or "tank" but that is very short sighted, you are buying DVC because it holds its value, unlike all the other timeshares out there. I am all for getting a great deal, but I am scratching my head at some of the people salivating at the thought of a crash- that's not good for anyone.
I'm not. I bought it because I wanted cheap(er!) deluxe WDW accommodation at a price that I dictated rather than Disney (ignoring dues). If I can get it even cheaper then I'm a happy bunny.

Anyone buying it because they think it will hold its value (it's a depreciating asset so why should it hold its value?) or be a good investment, is playing with fire.

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have already sent the wire transfer, but I learned after my first resale contract that it's best to wire after you know the seller has sent their docs in. It took more than two weeks for the seller to return the docs and that whole time I was worried like crazy since we had 20k+ just sitting their in escrow wondering if the seller was going to back out or worse yet, use some of the points! Lots of potential for things to still go wrong (hope nothing does in your case and closing goes smoothly). Since then, I've asked the title companies to inform me of when the seller hands in their docs before wiring the money.
Oh no. Wish I knew this! I figured they’d be waiting on my money first and I didn’t want to hold anything up! So far these sellers have been quick with everything, so I hope that continues…

Oh no. Wish I knew this! I figured they’d be waiting on my money first and I didn’t want to hold anything up! So far these sellers have been quick with everything, so I hope that continues…
Most of the time sending in the money isn't an issue but it happens from time to time. I was especially concerned with our 2 resales because we have to first convert it to US$, so if they backed out and we had already sent it and converted it, we could be stuck figuring out what to do with a large amount of foreign currency until we found another contract and go to the final stage.

Most of the time sending in the money isn't an issue but it happens from time to time. I was especially concerned with our 2 resales because we have to first convert it to US$, so if they backed out and we had already sent it and converted it, we could be stuck figuring out what to do with a large amount of foreign currency until we found another contract and go to the final stage.
We’ll be in the same boat, converting to USD too.

There hasn’t been many AKV posts here lately….
People are probably buying more expensive resorts with the prices currently so low.

I recently got a 25 point add on for AKV but I got it direct. I thought it would be nice to have a few direct points to sample newer restricted resorts from time to time.

There hasn’t been many AKV posts here lately….
I considered whether to try for AKV but my problem was the prices haven't dropped as much as SSR or OKWE and are close to what I got BLT for. Plus of course the normal issues, tough to get Value or Concierge rooms, so what is the point of owning there FOR ME when all of the rest of the rooms are pretty easy to get owning elsewhere.

Edit is in CAPS.

Last edited:
Does First American Title Company seriously take 14-21 business days after passing ROFR to get closing documents out? That’s what my broker has sent me in an email. That seems like a really long time. Last time it seems it was Mason and I got closing documents like the day of or maybe the next day.

Does First American Title Company seriously take 14-21 business days after passing ROFR to get closing documents out? That’s what my broker has sent me in an email. That seems like a really long time. Last time it seems it was Mason and I got closing documents like the day of or maybe the next day.

They are certainly slower than Mason, but my last contract with FirstAm I recieved closing docs 4 days after ROFR.

I just got an offer accepted on a 25pt AKV resale yesterday at $112 per point with free 2022 points, lots of low-priced contracts out there right now! i'll post the string when it goes to ROFR :)
Pretty sure that’s one I was thinking about putting an offer in on too but wasn’t quite sure I wanted to pay closing costs on a 25 pt contract. Was it an Oct UY? If so, I can’t believe they came down even farther! I wish I could find a 50-75 point contract that would take an offer like that! They are all stuck in the $135-150 price point.

I'm not. I bought it because I wanted cheap(er!) deluxe WDW accommodation at a price that I dictated rather than Disney (ignoring dues). If I can get it even cheaper then I'm a happy bunny.

Anyone buying it because they think it will hold its value (it's a depreciating asset so why should it hold its value?) or be a good investment, is playing with fire.
I hear ya, but since it's inception it has been a good investment and held it's value, so you're not really playing with fire. And if you ever do need to sell for an unforseen reason, you will be glad that it didn't tank.

Pretty sure that’s one I was thinking about putting an offer in on too but wasn’t quite sure I wanted to pay closing costs on a 25 pt contract. Was it an Oct UY? If so, I can’t believe they came down even farther! I wish I could find a 50-75 point contract that would take an offer like that! They are all stuck in the $135-150 price point.
yes on fidelity :) i put in that low offer with seller paying the service fee too, and they accepted without countering!

I agree and why I always caution people in using resale value as part of the calculation. Its why we don't mind owning at RIV (or any future resort that could have resale restrictions we might want). Any money we get if we decide to sell is a bonus!

Reactions: CVG
yes on fidelity :) i put in that low offer with seller paying the service fee too, and they accepted without countering!
Wow! I was going to put in a full price offer since it was so low. I need to learn some lessons from you and take a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter