ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have been really lucky because we passed ROFR 1/19 and am still waiting to hear anything from them.
I passed ROFR yesterday 1/26 and got docs to sign by noon today 1/27. I emailed the contact at First American right away to let her know the contract has points expiring 3/31 that I want to use. She responded quickly, letting me know to look for docs the next morning and was good to her word. It’s anecdotal of course but I’ve found First American responsive and quick if you bug them just a bit. Good luck!

badeacon---$92-$15871-150-BRV@WL-Jun-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/27
Was this contract listed for $102? I originally offered $86 on it but was told they wanted closer to the $102. I then asked if they would take $92. I heard nothing back from broker. Super annoying but glad you got the deal. Congrats!

That's a great price 😯. Originally was planning to buy VDH direct but I think the allure of more points for less is swaying me to consider AKL right now with the great deals people like you are getting on it. Also the fact that I have family I can stay with in CA 15 mins from the park and I don't think I'll be happy with anything but VGC at DLand is just making me want AKL more.
I am considering VDH but convinced my husband to let me buy resale because it is so much less. Than I can consider adding VDH without having to buy 150 points direct.

All can say is some great prices are getting through.
No kidding. Once I saw GVC hit 300 I was like “that idea is over” but now I was able to get one at 247… I know it’s not the lowest, but it made it possible so I’m supper happy. I’m happy for everyone getting these great deals… I have a feeling there will be a bloodbath of rofr at the end of this pause.

Was this contract listed for $102? I originally offered $86 on it but was told they wanted closer to the $102. I then asked if they would take $92. I heard nothing back from broker. Super annoying but glad you got the deal. Congrats!
Yes ,it was listed for $102. When did you offer ?,it was only listed as being on for, I think I remember ,18 days. I was really just testing the waters and offered the $92 and really did not think would be accepted . Very surprised when accepted with no counter. Most of the other BRV contracts for sale are above $110.

That is what I keep thinking too. When the shoe finally drops it is not going to be pretty.
I don’t know, if demand has collapsed this much for resale that there are this many contracts on the market and it is selling at these rates, then I have to imagine that demand is collapsing for direct as well. Disney is sitting on a ton of direct points with poly 2 and VDH opening for sales soon. Disney in general also has a cash crunch right now. I think it’s going to be open season for the foreseeable future.

I don’t know, if demand has collapsed this much for resale that there are this many contracts on the market and it is selling at these rates, then I have to imagine that demand is collapsing for direct as well. Disney is sitting on a ton of direct points with poly 2 and VDH opening for sales soon. Disney in general also has a cash crunch right now. I think it’s going to be open season for the foreseeable future.
But on the flip side, if Disney doesn’t keep resale prices up they will make direct look a lot less attractive… I think there is a balance…. As someone who just passed on VGC. I’m actually shocked they are not buying that now when they can get it for 50-70 under direct… it would be good time for them to be in the VGC business… yet they are not. 🤷‍♂️

Plus the fed is probably raising interest rates again. This makes a 150 pt direct DVC contract much less appealing if you don't have 30k+ just laying around.

Disney probably should bring the minimum direct purchase back down to 75 pts for their not-so-great benefits if they want to move a lot of contracts before DLH goes live. DLH will have some demand initially for sure- but how much?

Plus the fed is probably raising interest rates again. This makes a 150 pt direct DVC contract much less appealing if you don't have 30k+ just laying around.

Disney probably should bring the minimum direct purchase back down to 75 pts for their not-so-great benefits if they want to move a lot of contracts before DLH goes live. DLH will have some demand initially for sure- but how much?
I only have 25 direct. That would instantly make me want to get 50 more.

Yes ,it was listed for $102. When did you offer ?,it was only listed as being on for, I think I remember ,18 days. I was really just testing the waters and offered the $92 and really did not think would be accepted . Very surprised when accepted with no counter. Most of the other BRV contracts for sale are above $110.
It was about 11 days ago. I never got a final response from the seller or broker. I told her that since I hadn't heard anything I would assume it was a no. Anyway, I am glad that someone on this board picked it up. In the end, I got an offer accepted for AKL. I would have been happy with either resort.

It was about 11 days ago. I never got a final response from the seller or broker. I told her that since I hadn't heard anything I would assume it was a no. Anyway, I am glad that someone on this board picked it up. In the end, I got an offer accepted for AKL. I would have been happy with either resort.
Thanks for laying the groundwork for me.😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter