ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very curious to see how our Q2 thread ends up looking on June 30!
Do the listings get newer towards the bottom, like is newer on the bottom.. not sure if I'm making sense. lol (when you add one, do you always add to the bottom of each section)
Would be interesting to see if average price gets lower as time passes, similar to getting an average per quarter. I like to do some averaging on the listings (that helped me decide what to offer).

jpizzle87---$110-$22,000-200-AUL Subsidized-Feb 0/22, 0/23, 200/24 sent 3/13, passed 3/21

these forums helped tremendously, and though it's a bummer to have to get a stripped contract to an extent, my wife just had a baby so it gives us some time to get our parenting act together and getting a subsidized contract made it worth the slightly higher price per point for us. We live in SoCal within reasonable driving distance to Disneyland so the high price point for VGC was hard to justify.
When you were shopping for AUL, how could you tell if it was subsidized? I feel like I went through all the listings, and it always had the newer MF listed 😞

A CCV contract. It was the very beginning of January right before ROFR disappeared.
Actually that might be the reason it got taken, because it was actually sent prior to end of 2022. Rofr was still alive until end of the year and went to sleep Jan 1st.

When you were shopping for AUL, how could you tell if it was subsidized? I feel like I went through all the listings, and it always had the newer MF listed 😞
Good question, I did the same thing you did for a while, but I just did a google search for aulani subsidized DVC resale and just went to each re-sale site and several of them actually have filters that you can select that option to save time in your search for subsidized contracts. The site that I used actually had it spelled out on the description, so it made it easy. I actually saw a couple of other subsidized contracts for sale recently, but they both appear to have been purchased. It appears they don't last long when they get listed, but if you are proactive enough, you will find one eventually. If you did this a couple of times per/week for a month, you'll stumble across one. Only downside is that it's hard to be picky on number of points on the contract/use year because they are hard to come by.

I had the same issue. Was hoping for one when I was shopping last month. I looked for a couple weeks and then gave up and went with SSR. It would have been nice to have the priority at Aulani without the high dues since we do plan on going there, but I was frustrated with the difficulty in telling whether it was subsidized or not.

Chia1974---$90.68-$17450-170-BWV-Apr-62/22, 195/23, 170/24-Seller pays admin fee- sent 2/23, passed 3/3

Recorded on 3/16, contract showed on my dashboard on 3/30, called for the dying 62 points to be loaded on 3/31, booked a SSR two bed and fire sale it on 3/31!! Phew!
I know there’s a closing thread but want to share with y’all this journey. Greatest DVC drama ever!

Last edited:
Don’t feel like that. I offered $40 under listing price and got it on an animal kingdom one! Good Luck.🍀

I hope we will have the same luck as many of you! Thank you for all your encouragement! I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for this thread! :disrocks:

Chia1974---$90.68-$17450-170-BWV-Apr-62/22, 195/23, 170/24-Seller pays admin fee- sent 2/23, passed 3/3

Recorded on 3/16, contract showed on my dashboard on 3/30, called for the dying 62 points to be loaded on 3/31, booked a SSR two bed and fire sale it on 3/31!! Phew!
I know there’s a closing thread but want to share with y’all this journey. Greatest DVC drama ever!

This isn't for the amateurs!! 😂 🤣 This reminds me of the post you did in the FB group! LOL~!! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!