ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cdirazonian-—$142.30-$20442-130-PVB-Sep-0/22, 126/23, 130/24- sent 3/23, passed 3/30

So excited, it’s been 15 years since we bought our last contract (resale) and just want to THANK everyone on here for posting their process & results.

It gave me enough courage to try to ask for a better price.

Though it’s not the lowest price, I’m very happy as Sept UY with 100 - 150 pts aren’t that plentiful.

so THANK YOU all!

MFMont---$92-$16857-160-AKV-Dec-0/21, 110/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 3/29

Typo corrected. There are 160 pts for 24'
Wow!
We just put in for our first contract - can I ask, do you rent the points out?
We were bidding on that $108 AKL contract that you purchased. We said no more then $105.

It was $140 and took a bit of haggling, offered $115 and then $118 and said final bid $120. 👍

Congrats on such an amazing deal! 👍 I'm so happy to read this because you're giving us hope!! 😁 We are getting ready to put an offer in, and I was telling DH that offering $20 less per point sounds like super lowballing and I'm afraid it might be insulting to the sellers! We are going to try anyways because the worst thing can happen is they say no or counter. Well now we are more hopeful!

Congrats on such an amazing deal! 👍 I'm so happy to read this because you're giving us hope!! 😁 We are getting ready to put an offer in, and I was telling DH that offering $20 less per point sounds like super lowballing and I'm afraid it might be insulting to the sellers! We are going to try anyways because the worst thing can happen is they say no or counter. Well now we are more hopeful!
I honestly don’t think sellers are bothered about getting lowball offers, getting any offer is a chance for them to negotiate you up to their happy price too. I dealt with a lovely broker who said they are struggling to get sellers to reduce listings, they think that last years peak will come again soon.
So I would just offer whatever you want even if it’s $50+ less, heck I offered $125 on a 75pt listing at $191 and they countered at $155, we didn’t agree a sale but it still peaked their interest.

I honestly don’t think sellers are bothered about getting lowball offers, getting any offer is a chance for them to negotiate you up to their happy price too. I dealt with a lovely broker who said they are struggling to get sellers to reduce listings, they think that last years peak will come again soon.
So I would just offer whatever you want even if it’s $50+ less, heck I offered $125 on a 75pt listing at $191 and they countered at $155, we didn’t agree a sale but it still peaked their interest.

That's true. We are going to try a contract that has been listed for a few months (higher chance that they are willing to accept a lower offer). No idea if no one was ever interested or seller is adamant about a certain threshold. But it doesn't hurt to try! Now we just need to🤞and pray that the ROFR monster will hibernate for a little longer!!

Don’t feel like that. I offered $40 under listing price and got it on an animal kingdom one! Good Luck.🍀

I have not done a lot of cross checking but the small number I did check the sellers either sold for more than they originally paid or a very small amount under.

Even at this down period owning DVC served them well.

Buzzrelly---$120-$27,600-230-BCV-Apr-0/22, 57/23, 230/24- sent 3/27

I would have loved more points in the current UY but we were very specific about how many points we wanted and needed the April UY. This was the 11th or 12th offer we put in and landed at the price we wanted so we're pretty happy :flower:

Just praying that ROFR monster stays sleeping😴

Wow!
We just put in for our first contract - can I ask, do you rent the points out?
We were bidding on that $108 AKL contract that you purchased. We said no more then $105.
Yes, but we use a lot of points as well.

Resale buying is such a happy place right now with these great low prices and historically quick ROFR…. it’s like an all you care to enjoy buffet, so tempting to go back for that 2nd and 3rd serving 😃
yes, it's much less stressful without the ROFR monster, but all of these passed contracts have created such a backlog in terms of closing documents and membership emails!! we passed ROFR on 2/24 and I and the sellers both returned our docs within TWO days of getting them, but i am STILL waiting for disney to send our membership email. there's always a catch somewhere!!

Yes, but we use a lot of points as well.
Amazing - congratulations!!

I’m just waiting on ROFR for our first DVC contract (270 pts @ SSR), I’m looking to get insight on whether we should buy more points and what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter