ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your working with fidelity do you normally get a email from somewhere that it was been sent to Disney for ROFR?

I was told yesterday that all sellers have signed and no update since then...

Amazing - congratulations!!

I’m just waiting on ROFR for our first DVC contract (270 pts @ SSR), I’m looking to get insight on whether we should buy more points and what to do with them.
Congrats! We cobbled together 11 years with 150 points at BWV. We were mostly successful because we always planned our vacations 11 months out and didn't mind parking lot views in studios. We were able to get well over a week a year on that which was enough then. Add in a new son in law now which is having us go to two rooms. Last year I was forced to spend cash to the tune of about $4,700 on a 9 day stay for my wife and I at AKL, which quite frankly pissed me off LOL. We accidently wound up falling in love with AKL (Not the transportation!). I scrambled through 3 ROFR's last spring and was forced to pay $150pp for a fully loaded BWV to just get it over with so we could cover 8 days in February and (2) 8 day rooms coming up in May with our now 300 BWV points in 23'(same use year). I don't ever want to pay cash for rooms again! I did have a bunch of rental income to lessen the sting as the contract was stacked. What a difference a year makes in prices.

There is so much to consider and I would be glad to provide insight off line if you would like. We are older now and our kids are grown and the youngest will be done with college in 2 months. That being said, they love going with us and we are now in a position to invite friends and extended family. The economic breakdown on points right now is very similar to when we purchase our first contract in the spring of 2011 after adjusting for inflation. At the time we could only afford so much without getting over our ski's. I knew then though that if I had an extra $50k to $100k kicking around that it would have been a hell of an investment. There have been points where we could have sold our original BWV contract for 4 times what we paid. At the time after renting the 2 banked years and the year we purchased (450pts), when you factor in 1 year of maintenance fees and closing costs, we paid $31pp. If you apply the same math to any of the contracts I have purchased in the last month and adjust for inflation, things are actually a tad bit better now. AKV is the perfect example as BWV in 2011 had 31 years left on the contract.

Please understand though that there is certainly no guarantee that all this will ever repeat itself like the last dozen years. It is certainly possible to lose money in what I am doing as well. I will also say that renting points now is more work than it was back then. To be effective at it, you should enjoy doing it. There is more competition for sure, but there are also more outlets and more customers as well. When the dust settles, I hope to wind up with around 1100 points total. In a perfect scenario, we would want some PVB or BLT points, but I just just don't know if the math on those works for our purposes.

Last edited:
if your working with fidelity do you normally get a email from somewhere that it was been sent to Disney for ROFR?

Yes you'll get an email when it has been sent to ROFR. It took them 2 business days to send the file once all sellers signed on my last contract. I sent them an email the afternoon on the next business day asking if they sent it because there should be no excuse why it can't be sent the next day if all sellers have signed especially if I'm paying their fee.

I’m working with fidelity (first experience with them) now. Contract was signed and deposit was taken 3/23. I hadn’t heard anything about rofr so I emailed yesterday asking what date it was sent for rofr. Didn’t hear back from my agent but I did get the process update that it was sent for rofr yesterday. So they sat on it for a week. If you don’t get the email in a couple days I’d email them and ask.

Does Disney pass ROFR on the weekends? Following this thread recently it has been about 7 days to pass. My 7 days is tomorrow. I am hoping to get my closing docs before we go out of town next Tuesday.

I did get an email but only after I emailed after our contract was signed on Saturday and resigned due to a typo on Monday. Was not sent to DVC till the following Monday. 5 days and waiting……fingers crossed as I missed the deadline to bank

Does Disney pass ROFR on the weekends? Following this thread recently it has been about 7 days to pass. My 7 days is tomorrow. I am hoping to get my closing docs before we go out of town next Tuesday.

I'm not sure on this. Ours was sent to Disney on Saturday the 11th. We didn't hear back on it until Monday the 20th.

jpizzle87---$110-$22,000-200-AUL Subsidized-Feb 0/22, 0/23, 200/24 sent 3/13, passed 3/21

these forums helped tremendously, and though it's a bummer to have to get a stripped contract to an extent, my wife just had a baby so it gives us some time to get our parenting act together and getting a subsidized contract made it worth the slightly higher price per point for us. We live in SoCal within reasonable driving distance to Disneyland so the high price point for VGC was hard to justify.

i don’t think so - I think it’s a Mon - Fri team.

jpizzle87---$110-$22,000-200-AUL Subsidized-Feb 0/22, 0/23, 200/24 sent 3/13, passed 3/21

these forums helped tremendously, and though it's a bummer to have to get a stripped contract to an extent, my wife just had a baby so it gives us some time to get our parenting act together and getting a subsidized contract made it worth the slightly higher price per point for us. We live in SoCal within reasonable driving distance to Disneyland so the high price point for VGC was hard to justify.
Aloha!

Updated- stay tuned for Q2 thread!

PSA:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the string-generating tool on Page 1. It takes me hours to update this thread every week and I can't be trying to decode extra commas, missing closing costs and so on to make sure that everyone is added. It's so easy to just put your details in there, and it spits out a beautiful string that you can just paste :sunny:

Unfortunately, I had to skip a lot of strings this week for this reason. If it was a comma added in the total and nothing else was wrong, I fixed it and added the string.

I am very curious to see how our Q2 thread ends up looking on June 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter