ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Newbie from the UK and just had my first contract go to Disney for ROFR.

RichDVC---$135-$17710-120-PVB-Jun-188/23, 19/24, 120/25- sent 3/24

Think I did OK?

Bit of a pain they borrowed 101 from 2024 into 2023, but assume I can bank the 87 coming in 2023 into 2024?
Looks like a good price to me given what PVB is currently going for. PVB is still pretty desirable given the long expiration date, low maintenance fees, and priority booking for PVB. It also could get a significant bump in value if the new tower is part of the same association. Yes, you can bank the 87 from ‘23 into ‘24.

Now that I have passed…. How long does it take from the time you close to the time points are in your account?

My closing will probably be next week. Just wanted to get started on booking a trip

The spread seems to be 1 to 3 weeks right now. I had two contracts close literally a day apart, and one showed up on my membership 1 week later while the other showed up on my membership 3 weeks later.
Our last one was 4 days. Currently on day 10……still waiting. 🙄

I have a current offer from an International Seller for $93 per point at SSR. The contract is for 160 points and includes 130 banked points. I would get 290 points at close but have to pay dues on 160 of the points. Since we already are planned our WDW trips this year, I would rent out the 290 points. The contract was listed for $108 and seller came down to $93. Would love everyone input on this deal.

I have a current offer from an International Seller for $93 per point at SSR. The contract is for 160 points and includes 130 banked points. I would get 290 points at close but have to pay dues on 160 of the points. Since we already are planned our WDW trips this year, I would rent out the 290 points. The contract was listed for $108 and seller came down to $93. Would love everyone input on this deal.
It’s really good! But there’s always next low. Counter if you’re not afraid of losing it.

Morganjacar---$80-$12000-150-SSR-Jun-150/22, 300/23, 150/24-Seller pays closing- sent 3/13, passed 3/21

Updated with date send to ROFR. I'm actually a little surprised this passed,
Where did you find this contract? Such a great deal. I am closing to pulling the trigger on SSR contract at $93 a point but thinking I should wait. It is 160 points with 130 points banked.

Every purchase is a personal choice but this is a good deal. Are there going to be contracts that best yours? Maybe? Probably? But at this moment and time it won't be by very much and for a mostly loaded contract this sounds great.

You also could consider renting out the 130 points that are in distress and just banking your 160 2023 points to provide a buffer for a few years and/or treat yourself to a longer stay or upgraded room category. Those treehouse villas are nice if you intend to stay at SSR or if using as SAP, that buffer could come in handy since 1br are generally the easiest rooms to get at 7 months.

Update:
Our contract was sent to ROFR yesterday!! (Thank you to everyone who commented last week and talked me off the ledge when I was freaking out that our sellers hadn't yet signed the contract)

SheSingsAlong---$130-$14583-100-BCV-Mar-0/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 3/18
PASSED! I can't believe this is happening, I *never* thought we could be DVC owners!!!

SheSingsAlong---$130-$14583-100-BCV-Mar-0/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 3/18, passed 3/24

Looks like a good price to me given what PVB is currently going for. PVB is still pretty desirable given the long expiration date, low maintenance fees, and priority booking for PVB. It also could get a significant bump in value if the new tower is part of the same association. Yes, you can bank the 87 from ‘23 into ‘24.

I think this is a very good price based on what I’ve seen. We just paid $155 for 200 points with seller paid closing

Ok I can't even with these BWV deals.... Gotta find one 75-100 points in April use year, which seem to be about as common as snow in Orlando...
For me, March and 170 points was about as perfect as we could get too... not to mention the $80pp.

Keep looking you will find one with the right use year and number of points, then name your price, everything is passing ROFR, but you might need to send a few offers before you find the right seller.

I was eyeing that contract. Damn.
office-900x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter