ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol seriously. How would that even be enforceable.
I try to never have more than one offer out at a time just because I feel badly about it and don't want to get a bad reputation with the broker for making an offer and then withdrawing it, but yeah that's definitely not enforceable. You have 10 days to rescind after a contract has been signed pursuant to FL law, so you definitely can rescind an offer.

I try to never have more than one offer out at a time just because I feel badly about it and don't want to get a bad reputation with the broker for making an offer and then withdrawing it, but yeah that's definitely not enforceable. You have 10 days to rescind after a contract has been signed pursuant to FL law, so you definitely can rescind an offer.
Conversely, sellers are getting multiple offers and bids in and may accept one at anytime, even if you're in the middle of negotiating (which has happened to me at least twice now). On top of that some brokers/sellers take days to respond, so to me you're only hurting yourself if you don't have multiple offers.

Conversely, sellers are getting multiple offers and bids in and may accept one at anytime, even if you're in the middle of negotiating (which has happened to me at least twice now). On top of that some brokers/sellers take days to respond, so to me you're only hurting yourself if you don't have multiple offers.
Agreed - does anyone think brokers are telling their sellers they need to consider one offer at a time and can't entertain another until they've responded to the first? Why handicap yourself as a buyer in this way?

Open communication is key; I always make clear I am looking at multiple contracts and will take whichever agrees to my offer parameters first.

Doing some contract shuffling, was planning on getting fewer BCV points but plans change right!?

Buying

Ruttangel---$120-$16789-125-BCV-Dec-0/21, 112/22, 125/23, 125/24- sent 3/22

Selling

Ruttangel---$109-$4500-35-OKW-Feb-0/22, 0/23, 4/24, 35/25-I'm seller- sent 2/28, passed 3/7
$120 for BCV is a nice place to be. Congrats.

I was also using this strategy, and only making one offer at a time. However last week, I put in offers on 2 properties, with fidelity. 2 different listing agents, and as of today, I still have not heard from either one. Late last night, I found a contract on a different broker site, submitted my offer, after we each countered, we had an agreement by 10 am this morning. I’ll post the details once contracts are signed and sent to ROFR. My advice, check multiple resales sites and put offers on any that interest you.

Sparkle_Steffie---$130-$3636-25-BWV-Feb-0/22, 16/23, 25/24, 25/25-buyer paid $250 fee- sent 1/6, passed 1/25
That's what I'm talking about. Congrats!! (I was looking at one for $140, but they said not taking offers, so I didn't pull the trigger, but at $130 I might have)

I was doing one offer at a time, and now a seller has not responded to my counter offer for six days. So yesterday I put out offers on two different listings at two different sites. I weirdly feel guilty even though as Pianomanzano said, they're entertaining multiple offers. We aren't going steady, so we're not exclusive. :)

I was doing one offer at a time, and now a seller has not responded to my counter offer for six days. So yesterday I put out offers on two different listings at two different sites. I weirdly feel guilty even though as Pianomanzano said, they're entertaining multiple offers. We aren't going steady, so we're not exclusive. :)

This was my first time. I put out a single offer and got a no back within about 12 hours. Second offer took 2 days to get a counter and I still haven't heard about my counter-counter (10 days ago) and the broker wouldn't even return my calls. I moved onto another broker at the same place and reached a deal within 20 minutes. Don't stop trying and in the future I won't be afraid to move on quickly (but again, n=1 for me!).

With other timeshares which don't hold value (equity) it's rarely needed, however with DVC and the number of financing options available when purchasing or refinancing DVC contracts, title insurance is a must for me. It just doesn't make sense to take on the risk of the seller having a lien against the deed, or a contested sale (divorce, estate etc.). When you break down the fees line by line that escrow agents charge, title insurance premium is around $150 on an average DVC contract. Why take on the risk to save $150? I always purchase it on a resale contract. I decline it when buying
My exact thoughts?!?
Which broker? I’m working with Fidelity. Haven’t seen the breakdown yet officially, just the initial paperwork which has shown an overall closing estimate. We decided to go with it, as I read a bit more today regarding the importance of title insurance and its protection.

Last edited:
Which broker? I’m working with Fidelity. Haven’t seen the breakdown yet officially, just the initial paperwork which has shown an overall closing estimate. We decided to go with it, as I read a bit more today regarding the importance of title insurance and its protection.

Fidelity is the Broker. They will send your file to a title insurer. They typically use Mason or First American. When you receive closing documents it will include a settlement statement. On this statement you will see all of your closing fees. For example with Mason they charge a closing fee of $300 which is their fee to handle your file. But the title insurance premium is $100 (for my last file. It varies depending on the value of the contract). They also charge other fees for title searches and deed registration etc. Brokers typically bundle all of these fees together when quoting your closing costs. Be careful with Fidelity as some agents add the admin fee to the closing fee and don’t disclose. Others are very transparent about it.

This was my first time. I put out a single offer and got a no back within about 12 hours. Second offer took 2 days to get a counter and I still haven't heard about my counter-counter (10 days ago) and the broker wouldn't even return my calls. I moved onto another broker at the same place and reached a deal within 20 minutes. Don't stop trying and in the future I won't be afraid to move on quickly (but again, n=1 for me!).
I must say that I am quite surprised how uneven the professionalism is in the resale business. Some are certainly very professional with communication and more than I would expect are just terrible. You would think that they would realize that todays buyers could very well be tomorrows sellers. I will certainly remember the good, the awful and the somewhere in between.

I always give sellers 24 hours to respond and let broker know ahead that I’ll move on if no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter