ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resale is so nice, we had to do it twice.

New to posting but wanted to share as we've found the info on this board valuable in our hunt for a good resale deal. We own direct at BLT and RIV on Feb use years, and BWV on an Oct use year, so these align nicely.

WImouse---$115-$26794-225-BLT-Feb-1/22, 225/23, 225/24, 225/25- sent 3/21
WImouse---$105-$27195-250-BWV-Oct-229/22, 250/23, 250/24- sent 3/21
I do not need more points... I do not need more points... BLT for 115??? 😲😲😲 I DO NOT NEED MORE POINTS... well let me maybe just peek at those sites...
🤣

I only checked a limited number of the seller’s original purchase price and even the sales on the lower price point the seller sold for equal or more than they paid.

Basically they used their membership for 10 to 15 years and it only cost them the yearly dues or less in many cases.
but but but you are not factoring time value of money

We had several offers declined, so it truly is a gamble. LMK if you ever need any rental points ;)
Waiting out my BLT 166pts @130$ppt to pass ROFR lol. I own at poly and BCV (total of 285points so far…lol…)now I’m wondering if I need to add SSR lol😂

I assume we can post from one of our group sponsors... but just noticed they put closing costs on their website too and this 200 point BLT they quote closing costs at $999. My 240 point SSR through fidelity was $655 plus the admin fee - $880 total... (and no, I'm totally not busting myself out here shopping BLT contracts after seeing that 115 point contract that just got posted.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 ) So hopefully you can feel good about your admin fee - go out and find a comparable contract and see what you would have paid elsewhere :-) but the wait is still so painful...

View attachment 748119
Hey Auntie. Can you buy this too! 😉

I assume we can post from one of our group sponsors... but just noticed they put closing costs on their website too and this 200 point BLT they quote closing costs at $999. My 240 point SSR through fidelity was $655 plus the admin fee - $880 total... (and no, I'm totally not busting myself out here shopping BLT contracts after seeing that 115 point contract that just got posted.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 ) So hopefully you can feel good about your admin fee - go out and find a comparable contract and see what you would have paid elsewhere :-) but the wait is still so painful...

View attachment 748119
Well, you can't expect them to run their Instant Contract Evaluation Sale Service for free.

People who bought 10-15 years ago absolutely did well. If people bought 1 year ago at the peak and try to sell in 9-14 years? We’ll see. Past results are no guarantee of future success.
Agreed. DVC isn’t for you if you expect to break even or profit in resale. Who knows what the market will look like. The market is down right now and sellers who want to sell will adjust appropriately. Others will continue to hold but cannot be upset by their contracts not selling.

Newbie here. Been waiting for an opportunity to scoop up a resale contract and spent a lot of time reading and waiting. Did have one question which might be foolish. Is title insurance necessary? The agent I’ve been in contact with gave the option of with or without title insurance.

People who bought 10-15 years ago absolutely did well. If people bought 1 year ago at the peak and try to sell in 9-14 years? We’ll see. Past results are no guarantee of future success.

I purchased without any expectation I would be able to sell for what I paid for it.

All of the calculations that discuss "breakeven" never include any resale value in the formula though.

If I sell in 15 years and I get back even 25% of what I paid while using the product it would be a great purchase for what I bought it to provide.

Newbie here. Been waiting for an opportunity to scoop up a resale contract and spent a lot of time reading and waiting. Did have one question which might be foolish. Is title insurance necessary? The agent I’ve been in contact with gave the option of with or without title insurance.

Never buy a real estate product without title insurance unless you are prepared to deal with the situation of the seller having a creditor who then makes a claim of the property you just purchased.

I have seen it happen with real estate several times.

Too risky not to have it. Unless you fully know the seller and their circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter