ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I wonder if its harder for them to pack up & resell.? (although being 45 years left, you'd think it wouldn't be an issue. lol)
I would imagine that if they buy back the fixed week there is no requirement to resell it - but I could be wrong. Technically they aren't required to resell the points either, they can just hold them for cash bookings correct? Since the fixed week is a limited option (I know its only for certain weeks and only a limited number) I actually think it was beneficial for them to buy it back, but I was banking on the historical data that they wouldn't. Clearly historical data doesn't matter as of May 2024 though!

I got a thank you gift in the mail today! First time I have ever received a thank you gift from a resale broker.
I got one a few weeks ago as well! I don’t really care for magical vacation title but the brokers at DVCRM have been great. In particular, Andy who even called me on my bday and then again to congratulate us on the closing. It was a really sweet gesture and the bag a cherry on top :)

Thank you to you all! I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed when I got the email earlier but you all have made me feel a bit better about it. The plan was always to buy some points resale before buying direct and we still have the 100pt PVB contract and a loaded 200pt VGF contract (which I am now MAJORLY sweating about because I've already spent those points in my head 🤣) in ROFR so all hope isn't lost. I was pretty excited about those ~500 PVB points but I'm ok with waiting out DVD until they offer a good deal for them. Honestly, I agree it may end up working out better long term. Thanks for cheering me up
The more I think about it, I’d imagine at the 4-500point mark the incentives for existing members will be decent, hopefully $180s or better. Then do MB for 2023 points and sell your 2024 points yourself for $20-$22/pt (putting yourself right where you would be points-wise with the resale contracts), I wouldn’t be surprised if the price comes out to similar pricing or even better than the resale numbers.

Last edited:
Honestly, I agree it may end up working out better long term. Thanks for cheering me up
I would imagine that if they buy back the fixed week there is no requirement to resell it - but I could be wrong. Technically they aren't required to resell the points either, they can just hold them for cash bookings correct? Since the fixed week is a limited option (I know its only for certain weeks and only a limited number) I actually think it was beneficial for them to buy it back, but I was banking on the historical data that they wouldn't. Clearly historical data doesn't matter as of May 2024 though!
That would make sense, imagine them having guaranteed availability for week 51 & 52 to rent out every year (not that they have problems with availability. lol)

The more I think about it, I’d imagine at the 4-500point mark the incentives for existing members will be decent, hopefully $180s or better. Then do MB for 2023 points and sell your 2024 points yourself for $20-$22/pt (putting yourself right where you would be points-wise with the resale contracts), I wouldn’t be surprised if the price comes out to similar pricing or even better than the resale numbers.
Yep, i bet a little patience will net an even better deal. 500 points direct for similar cost, I'd just be sure to pay the extra closing & break them up into 3.

Yep, i bet a little patience will net an even better deal. 500 points direct for similar cost, I'd just be sure to pay the extra closing & break them up into 3.
Yes! This. It seems like 150-200pts per contract is the sweet spot for PVB contract size based on the points calendar so we will definitely break the points up over contracts lower than 200pts. It's a really good point for new buyers to keep in mind for resale value.

Last edited:

That would make sense, imagine them having guaranteed availability for week 51 & 52 to rent out every year (not that they have problems with availability. lol)
The contract and Favorite Week are dissolved and the points go back into the unit. Same way a 500 point contract that gets taken can be broken up and sold in various UYs and denominations. Disney may not sell Favorite Weeks for the longhouses again if they follow VGF.

That was my first thought.. fair chance that one gets taken even the second is tempting since its loaded but only time will tell 😬
In my (gut) opinion if they are taking VGF at/above $160 they are planning to sell Poly higher than $190, possibly even after MB (maybe 300 points plus contracts could be less expensive)—my thinking: VGF’s price appears to be settling in the low 150s, so if they try to push it up another $20 with ROFR, it’s mostly to make their direct pricing look less unreasonable.

Until the last few weeks, I was assuming points could be had under $200 (with MB) but the point chart would be punishing. All this ROFR activity makes me think they are (unwisely!) going lower point chart and higher price per point.

facebook twitter