• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just learned that not all offers are presented to the seller. Made an offer on a contract, broker came back with a counter offer. Asked a question to the broker about the contract that required answer by the seller. Broker has informed me they have not spoken to the seller in awhile and can not reach them. Hmm....

Sometimes sellers do give brokers permission to do it this way..we did as a seller many times in terms of the lowest offer we’d even consider.

All of these contracts passing that were submitted a week or two after mine. Still waiting on a BLT contract submitted on 4/28.

garegco---$130-$28203-200-BLT-Mar-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/28, passed 5/31

Evidently posting here was all it took for Disney to issue the waiver for ROFR as we heard back a couple hours after I posted. Was a welcome surprise as we heard while at WDW on our first stay at the RIV.

On another note, I had specifically requested Cammy at Mason Title to handle the closing from our prior great experience with her but as others noted she left Mason a couple of days after we had already signed the purchase contract. Marcelo picked up our file and sent closing documents yesterday on 6/5 so he seems to be close to the same speed as Cammy.

I was unable to get a deal that I thought was a "savings" buying resale. So, I just signed off on two 75 add-ons to VGF. Received $2500 off for developer credit, another $1500 off as an incentive for having an upcoming reservation, and agreed to sell back the 150 (2022) points at $22 a piece. Also, my purchase was actually only 145 points since 5 points are credited every year to the contract. I never saw that before. Put the 20% down on the Disney cc in 3 installments to close in Sept. Using the $3300 from the sell back (once closed) to reimburse my cc payment along with renting OKW points to cover the rest. SO... yes, I'm out a bunch of money, but I have until Sept to kick myself in the rear. BUT: I don't think I could get direct VGF points for around 162-166 a point at a later date. Looking at my use year, it was near that price resale, and if financed, would have been more than 8.9. This gives me 965 points. Was told I had to stay under 4 digits. Getting as close as possible.

Last edited:

I was unable to get a deal that I thought was a "savings" buying resale. So, I just signed off on two 75 add-ons to VGF. Received $2500 off for developer credit, another $1500 off as an incentive for having an upcoming reservation, and agreed to sell back the 150 (2022) points at $22 a piece. Put the 20% down on the Disney cc in 3 installments to close in Sept. Using the $3300 from the sell back (once closed) to reimburse my cc payment along with renting OKW points to cover the rest. SO... yes, I'm out a bunch of money, but I have until Sept to kick myself in the rear. BUT: I don't think I could get VGF points for around 162-166 a point at a later date. Looking at my use year, it was near that price resale, and if financed, would have been more than 8.9. This gives me 965 points. Was told I had to stay under 4 digits. Getting as close as possible.
If VGF with at least 150 points with a later UY is on the radar for anyone I agree that buying direct in this way makes a lot of sense!

garegco---$130-$28203-200-BLT-Mar-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/28, passed 5/31

Evidently posting here was all it took for Disney to issue the waiver for ROFR as we heard back a couple hours after I posted. Was a welcome surprise as we heard while at WDW on our first stay at the RIV.

On another note, I had specifically requested Cammy at Mason Title to handle the closing from our prior great experience with her but as others noted she left Mason a couple of days after we had already signed the purchase contract. Marcelo picked up our file and sent closing documents yesterday on 6/5 so he seems to be close to the same speed as Cammy.
Maybe the same person... I'm closing with a Cammy Smith using another company. I think I saw earlier we aren't allowed to mention the closing companies and I want to respect the rules of the forum. Otherwise I would be happy to share the company. It's our first contract.

We passed ROFR yesterday. Cammy contacted us ahead of our broker contacting us and sent us all the paperwork at that time. Buyer side signed and money is currently in escrow. We're waiting on the sellers to sign in front of a notary. Cammy said it could take up to a week and is coordinating it currently.

Maybe the same person... I'm closing with a Cammy Smith using another company. I think I saw earlier we aren't allowed to mention the closing companies and I want to respect the rules of the forum. Otherwise I would be happy to share the company. It's our first contract.

We passed ROFR yesterday. Cammy contacted us ahead of our broker contacting us and sent us all the paperwork at that time. Buyer side signed and money is currently in escrow. We're waiting on the sellers to sign in front of a notary. Cammy said it could take up to a week and is coordinating it currently.
Do you mean title companies? And yes, you can share the title companies but you have to type out their full website address to see if it's a censored site or not.

I was unable to get a deal that I thought was a "savings" buying resale. So, I just signed off on two 75 add-ons to VGF. Received $2500 off for developer credit, another $1500 off as an incentive for having an upcoming reservation, and agreed to sell back the 150 (2022) points at $22 a piece. Also, my purchase was actually only 145 points since 5 points are credited every year to the contract. I never saw that before. Put the 20% down on the Disney cc in 3 installments to close in Sept. Using the $3300 from the sell back (once closed) to reimburse my cc payment along with renting OKW points to cover the rest. SO... yes, I'm out a bunch of money, but I have until Sept to kick myself in the rear. BUT: I don't think I could get direct VGF points for around 162-166 a point at a later date. Looking at my use year, it was near that price resale, and if financed, would have been more than 8.9. This gives me 965 points. Was told I had to stay under 4 digits. Getting as close as possible.

Closing costs are less direct, dues will be prorated for the year and of course the points are unrestricted. Plus as you did, you pick your UY and you can split the contract for a few dollars more. We are tossing up whether to purchase Aulani direct or do resale. I also bid on a few contracts, but most sellers are not willing to negotiate much.

Last edited:
Closing costs are less direct, dues will be prorated for the year and of course the points are unrestricted. Plus as you did, you pick your UY and you can split the contract for a few dollars more. We are tossing up whether to purchase Aulani direct or do resale. I also bid on a few contracts, but most sellers only not willing to negotiate much.
The unrestricted points are the biggest value (plus MB if you qualify). The other things vary. I had my seller pay closing costs, and while I did pay this year's dues, I had 184 extra points banked from 2022 that I did not pay dues on. I would have done Aulani resale if I could have found a subsidized dues contract!

The unrestricted points are the biggest value (plus MB if you qualify). The other things vary. I had my seller pay closing costs, and while I did pay this year's dues, I had 184 extra points banked from 2022 that I did not pay dues on. I would have done Aulani resale if I could have found a subsidized dues contract!
Aulani direct does qualify for Magical Beginning and I was told that you will receive $22/point back after close as a check to you.

Also, my purchase was actually only 145 points since 5 points are credited every year to the contract. I never saw that before.
Are you saying your contract actually says 145 points, but you're given 150 every year? How does that even work? I know they had a deal where you "paid for X but got Y", but the contract was for the full allotment of points and was really just a discount on the purchase.

Are you saying your contract actually says 145 points, but you're given 150 every year? How does that even work?
There have been past incentives that offered x number of extra points 'for free'. Member just pays annual fees. My guess is that the contract purchased shows number purchased and 'free' points are then credited every year. Probably has something to do with how the points are officially accounted for.

There have been past incentives that offered x number of extra points 'for free'. Member just pays annual fees. My guess is that the contract purchased shows number purchased and 'free' points are then credited every year. Probably has something to do with how the points are officially accounted for.
But then who owns the "free" points? What pool do they come out of? Does DVC then have to keep a supply of points from every resort and UY in order to credit those points? I mean, they'd have to maintian points that match every contract they sell under that scheme or they are worthless. Depending on how many people they offer this deal to, there could be a ton of points they'd need to hang on to. Plus, how do you pay MF's on points you don't legally own? They include property taxes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter