ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MommaBerd---$110-$32,884-270-AKV-DEC-270/22, 540/23, 270/24 - sent 5/3 passed 6/1

Finally got word we passed!!! I really was hoping to be among those who passed within 2-3 weeks, but the important thing is we passed.

(@pangyal For some reason my string never made the front page. Did I format incorrectly?)
I’m not pangyal, but looking at your string it seems you typed it out instead of using the tool on the first page, which is found here: https://rofr.scubacat.net/

Thanks. Are there extra fees with Fidelity?
I don’t think so. My calculation includes my closing costs ($1318 - there is an $225 Real estate broker administration fee in there, so not sure if that is standard, I can’t remember from my other contracts) and the cost of the 2023 maintenance fees ($1279). I guess if that is a few other sites don’t charge then it is an extra fee. However, I would be happy to pay it for what I got. That fee comes out to another $1.5 per point in this case.

I don’t think so. My calculation includes my closing costs ($1318 - there is an $225 Real estate broker administration fee in there, so not sure if that is standard, I can’t remember from my other contracts) and the cost of the 2023 maintenance fees ($1279). I guess if that is a few other sites don’t charge then it is an extra fee. However, I would be happy to pay it for what I got. That fee comes out to another $1.5 per point in this case.
The closing cost seems rather steep. We’re working with a different broker, and our closing cost is $635 on a 155 point contract. Is that due to financing, or does that broker have significantly higher closing costs than others?

The closing cost seems rather steep. We’re working with a different broker, and our closing cost is $635 on a 155 point contract. Is that due to financing, or does that broker have significantly higher closing costs than others?
Ahh. Good point. 575.11 closing cost. The rest is Loan related. I’ll update the chain.

Ahh. Good point. 575.11 closing cost. The rest is Loan related. I’ll update the chain.
Ah thanks for the clarification. That seems very reasonable for the closing cost without financing. Even when you add in the administrative fee that lines up pretty close to a few other brokers I’ve seen. Congrats on the great contract find! 👍🏻

Our original direct from 2018 @ CCV is March UY. Then after using the bonus points to experience a 1 BR our first trip we realized it wouldn't feel the same if we stepped down to a studio. So we got a really good price ($142) on an April UY resale contract with 2x points back in 2019. That has gotten us by since then but now that our only daughter is a teenager and is bringing a friend down every year for company, we are going to try out a 2 BR this year. So I saw a really good deal in one of the broker's spam e-mails pop up which led us to our 3rd contract in March. Then after finding this msg board and seeing how great prices were, we went after another contract last month. Grand scheme of things is my daughter had hinted about wanting to bring all of her friend group down to celebrate her 16th b-day in the summer of '25. So with our recent purchases we can now build up some banked points and splurge on a 3 BRGV that summer. After that, we plan to use the extra points to finally get down and experience WL during the holidays.

With regards to having the 2 different UYs, I have managed the March & April UYs up to this point with no problems. The nice thing about them is they are only a month apart so you can pretty much treat them as the same and manage them together (in particular with regards to banking). They can work out nice if you plan any split stays but getting points xferred from one contract to another has been easy for me in the past with just a 5 min phone call to MS (knocking on wood).

Good luck and can't wait to hear when your contract passes!
Thank you for the helpful information. I wasn't sure if it would be easy to transfer points between contracts. If this one passes we'll have 3 different use years. We also have BRV and VGC with June use years.

Earlier this year we stayed in a 1 BR and it was very nice and spacious but it's just DH and I and at times it felt too spacious.😆 The bigger refrigerator was great, we buy food and beverages and eat in our room at times and we had plenty of spaces for everything.

We usually don't do split stays because we like to unpack and not worry about moving but we are heading down to WDW in a few days and are splitting our stay and are excited to see how that will go. We booked a couple months ago and were lucky to snag BRV studio for most of our stay, we are excited to see the renovations.

Thanks for the info. You did get a great deal. I've offered this same amount on a few similar contracts, and I've gotten turned down every time. Some didn't even come back with a counteroffer. So, I'm still on the hunt!

Thanks for the info. You did get a great deal. I've offered this same amount on a few similar contracts, and I've gotten turned down every time. Some didn't even come back with a counteroffer. So, I'm still on the hunt!
I offered this price on others and the brokers told me that it would never happen (different website). I told them that I already had enough points and I was just hunting for deals. If someone wanted to sell for what I was offering then fine, if not then I didn’t care. I would just wait.

DisneyNut77---$125-$14617-100-CCV@WL-Mar-0/22, 200/23, 100/24, 100/25-Buyer pays MF 22&23- sent 5/15, passed 6/2

Can't wait for the points to post so that I can rent the 2022 points and maybe the 2023 as well.
What an insane price! Congratulations!

I'm so antsy! My contract sent 5/8 and I still haven't heard anything. Last time I heard from the title company before the broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter