ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well then. It's good you were uninformed! :teeth:
Lol! Better lucky than good sometimes. I'm still baffled that this passed based on what was reported within the past 60 days of contacts being taken in the $160s. The agent said the seller was going through a POA and that Disney stays away from those more than standard sales, but not as much as international sellers. Does anyone know the actual reason Disney leaves international deals alone?

I'm still baffled that this passed
There is much less rhyme or reason to the ROFR dart-throwing monkey than most people think.

As an aside: In the timeshare industry, the rule of thumb is that cost-of-goods is about 20-30% of the total cost of inventory sold. In other words, and assuming Disney is at least as competent as other timeshare developers, building a shiny new resort probably costs at most $40-$60 per point---and that's if there is no profit in the sale, which is probably not the case.

I bet GFV2 cost much much less than that, even if there was a funny-money internal transfer between DVD and Resorts to "pay" for the building.

So ROFR is probably not the bargain for Disney that most people think it is. I suspect it is used primarily to meet existing organic demand for "sold out" resorts, letting the sales staff focus their energy elsewhere. Otherwise, the staff has to convince someone that really wants, say, AKV, that they want GFV or RIV instead.

Correspondingly, I suspect that the reason e.g. AKV is seeing more buybacks is that there are more current and prospective Members calling out of the blue asking to buy there.

There is much less rhyme or reason to the ROFR dart-throwing monkey than most people think.

As an aside: In the timeshare industry, the rule of thumb is that cost-of-goods is about 20-30% of the total cost of inventory sold. In other words, and assuming Disney is at least as competent as other timeshare developers, building a shiny new resort probably costs at most $40-$60 per point---and that's if there is no profit in the sale, which is probably not the case.

ROFR is not the bargain for Disney that most people think it is. I suspect it is used primarily to meet existing organic demand for "sold out" resorts, letting the sales staff focus their energy elsewhere. Otherwise, the staff has to convince someone that really wants, say, AKV, that they want GFV or RIV instead.

Correspondingly, I suspect that the reason e.g. AKV is seeing more buybacks is that there are more current and prospective Members calling out of the blue asking to buy there.

Agreed. Or the demand on the cash side is off the charts.

Excited to be first-time owners! But also feeling a little guilty— condolences to those that have been taken here the last few weeks.

pks_domer---$135-$23608-160-AKV-Mar-0/21, 160/22, 160/23-international seller- sent 5/3, passed 5/25. Estoppel issued today as well.
So basically international seller is the way to go. Congrats!

Rollnstns---$167-$21644-125-PVB-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 125/23, 125/24- sent 5/1, passed 5/25

2nd time's a charm! Went more of the "Sure Thing" route and went with The Poly.
Waiver and Estoppel issued at the same time.

Now where do I get one of the cool banners for my signature??
Congratulations. There is a person who created all these banners and you can find your resort banner here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...nature-self-created-for-all-to-enjoy.3770739/

We are at BWV now...what tired villas! We are in a 1 BR and it is just a weird layout and needs a total update. Okay, here for the location...but the BLT 2 BR theme park view for two nights was incredible! I think we are OKW and AKV homies...

Edit: Did I say three bathrooms for two people? LOL! :love:
I agree but Disney probably can get away with not doing much because of its phenomenal location. Those that want a nice room near Epcot can stay at Riviera, which I think more people are doing. Room layout at BLT (excluding the studios) is the best in all of DVC IMO

Not directly related to ROFR but wanted to provide this update to the group:

Our direct guide just called and left a message that our wait list request for VGC from late 2020 just came through. Offering us 100 points direct. I can only assume this means they ROFR'D someones VGC resale...to them, I am sorry, and I will stand in solidarity with you by NOT purchasing these points. $310/pt is outrageous.

Lol! Better lucky than good sometimes. I'm still baffled that this passed based on what was reported within the past 60 days of contacts being taken in the $160s. The agent said the seller was going through a POA and that Disney stays away from those more than standard sales, but not as much as international sellers. Does anyone know the actual reason Disney leaves international deals alone?
Closings from foreign sellers and FIRPTA...they don't seem to want to mess with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter