ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do we think they are taking ao many AKV contracts?
Completely my assumption...totally willing to be proven wrong.

But I just had a geek out moment with my spreadsheet (found a spreadsheet here when I was first looking at DVC that calculates the net cost per point per year left remaining in the contract)...nothing at AKV that has passed since the start of this particular board has gone for an average net of 4.59pp (specifically at AKV). The ones that have passed have been anywhere from 4.13pp - 5.08pp...so really there is not an exact way to tell if your contract will pass...but there has to be some kind of average threshold??

I just found out my OKW(E) passed this morning. My contract and the other OKW(E) contract that has passed since April both weirdly net out to 4.48pp. Everything that has been bought back at OKW(E) has a net price below that. My only assumption for a pass on that is if it's an international seller.

All that being said...there is no way to predict what will be bought back...but I have to wonder if once you put in all the numbers (number of points purchased times how many years are remaining with full points times cost per point and divided by the full cost) they have to have a threshold to maintain most of the time per resort.

Last edited:
UbieTinkingMon---$136-$32525-220-AKV-Mar-0/21, 428/22, 220/23- sent 5/3, taken 5/25

The bloodbath continues. 4th contract taken.
I am so sorry! That's ROUGH. At least you didn't have to wait 40+ days like we have seen some post...waiting 45 days only to have Disney take it only adds salt to the wound. I hope you get your next try!

My thought was that they can make $60+ per point when selling Direct at these buy back prices.

Is there data on the amount of direct sales vs resales per month?
DVC news has great information about direct sales for each resort.

For AKV in 2022 they have sold; 11,710 direct points in January, 11,610 direct points in February, 12,443 direct points in March and 7,999 direct points in April for a total of 43,762 direct AKV points sold in the first 4 months of this year.

In terms of contracts for AKV they've purchased, DVC news reports; 8,300 points in January, 4,900 in February and 5,800 in March for a total of 19,000 points they have purchased back in the first 3 months of this year.

My thought was that they can make $60+ per point when selling Direct at these buy back prices.

Is there data on the amount of direct sales vs resales per month?
You hit the nail on the head. We just went under agreement with another contract we are selling and my broker said just that. He and I have been working together for quite a few years. $60+/- profit seems to be the sweet spot...

We are at BWV now...what tired villas! We are in a 1 BR and it is just a weird layout and needs a total update. Okay, here for the location...but the BLT 2 BR theme park view for two nights was incredible! I think we are OKW and AKV homies...

Edit: Did I say three bathrooms for two people? LOL! :love:

We are at BWV now...what tired villas! We are in a 1 BR and it is just a weird layout and needs a total update. Okay, here for the location...but the BLT 2 BR theme park view for two nights was incredible! I think we are OKW and AKV homies...

Edit: Did I say three bathrooms for two people? LOL! :love:
Hopefully BWV will get a refresh very soon!

Jenglish13---$152-$42952-270-BLT-Feb-0/21, 270/22, 270/23, 270/24- sent 4/29

I figure this is dead on arrival with no chance of surviving rofr. I'm new and didn't realize all the details when I made the offer or I would've offered a few more bucks. This is my first post so I hope I did it right!

Jenglish13---$152-$42952-270-BLT-Feb-0/21, 270/22, 270/23, 270/24- sent 4/29

I figure this is dead on arrival with no chance of surviving rofr. I'm new and didn't realize all the details when I made the offer or I would've offered a few more bucks. This is my first post so I hope I did it right!
Jenglish13---$152-$42952-270-BLT-Feb-0/21, 270/22, 270/23, 270/24- sent 4/29- passed 5/24

I made this offer before finding this board and all the info it contains and thought for sure it was going to be ROFR'd. Very pleasantly surprised it did not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter