ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mine was sent 4/27. Still waiting BCV. I’m hoping that the longer wait than others just means they didn’t get to BCV yet and not that they’re thinking of taking it. I hate waiting!

I’ve just noticed that some of the non DVC rooms at Jambo House have recently been refurbished. Is there any plan to refurbish the DVC rooms too at some point soon?

Mine was sent 4/27. Still waiting BCV. I’m hoping that the longer wait than others just means they didn’t get to BCV yet and not that they’re thinking of taking it. I hate waiting!
Hi, we just passed ROFR for BCV in April and it took about 3 weeks. So maybe/hopefully you’ll hear very soon? Fingers crossed for you!!

That’s probably why it’s passed, loaded contracts pass more often than not because of their actual cost per point to Disney.

Why, because of the MFs that will be owed?

Barely 2 years ago, someone did an "analysis" here that found that stripped contracts were more likely to pass because there were no current UY points available. Loaded contracts with full current UY points were most likely to be taken. This was back when Disney couldn't reassign UY, so if they had someone on the waiting list for *your* UY, and the contract had current UY points, it would get taken, because Disney could not sell a direct contract that didn't have full current UY points. So buying stripped was the best strategy to avoid ROFR. That said, they did not exercise ROFR with anything like the frequency they've done in 2019.

Aside: I'd think that now that they can reassign UY, small contracts might not be so worth it to them to take? Before, they also didn't want to buy back a loaded 200 pointer if their person waiting to buy direct only wanted 25-50 points.

I’ve just noticed that some of the non DVC rooms at Jambo House have recently been refurbished. Is there any plan to refurbish the DVC rooms too at some point soon?

Not right now. DVC is on a 7/14 year refurb schedule right now. 7 years soft goods, 14 years hard goods. AKV had a softgoods refurb a couple years ago and will probably be due for a hard goods refurb starting around 2023/2024. It's not on the list as of the last meeting back in Dec.

Hard goods refurb
SSR - 2019
HHI - 2021
BRV - 2021

Soft
Aulani - 2020
VGF - 2021
PVB - 2022

It's possible they might do Jambo rooms sooner since they opened up to 2 years earlier than Kidani, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Why, because of the MFs that will be owed?

Barely 2 years ago, someone did an "analysis" here that found that stripped contracts were more likely to pass because there were no current UY points available. Loaded contracts with full current UY points were most likely to be taken. This was back when Disney couldn't reassign UY, so if they had someone on the waiting list for *your* UY, and the contract had current UY points, it would get taken, because Disney could not sell a direct contract that didn't have full current UY points. So buying stripped was the best strategy to avoid ROFR. That said, they did not exercise ROFR with anything like the frequency they've done in 2019.

Aside: I'd think that now that they can reassign UY, small contracts might not be so worth it to them to take? Before, they also didn't want to buy back a loaded 200 pointer if their person waiting to buy direct only wanted 25-50 points.

It’s only a theory but let’s say for example there’s a stripped AKV contract of 200 at $109 per point. If Disney ROFR that they’d be paying $112.25 per point with the closing fees included. If, however, it was a loaded contract for 2019 the dues on top would be extra $1488, making it $119.69 per point, more than $10 dollars more per point than the asking price and $7 more per point than the stripped contract price. I know it doesn’t work with every contract that is submitted but it would possibly clear up some of the uncertainly surrounding how they make their decisions.

The AKV DVC rooms were refurbished - a soft goods - 2 years ago I believe. Might be getting closer to 3. So they were done before the hotel rooms in this case. Since they are recently refurbed they will not have anything for a bit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!