• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe they keep jacking up the prices on resorts that keep getting closer and closer to their expiration dates because they want to keep direct prices on their new resorts (cough cough, Riviera) competitive with resale on the large number of points that already exist out there.

The more resorts that get added to the DVC ecosystem, the more competition DVC has against their own new resorts that they try to sell direct. I'd think the reason they keep jacking up direct prices on sold out resorts is so prospective buyers are less likely to buy a sold out resort and more likely to buy the resorts they're still trying to sell. The added bonus is they also get to make a pretty penny off of those who are married to the idea of buying into the sold out resorts, especially buying them direct.

You might have something here. In support of your theory, as land becomes harder to find in a convenient location to the parks, the more attractive the original line up will appear against the new resorts.

I think flexible use years just means they will want more inventory on hand. So they're filling up their backlog.

OH yes. This flexible use year business is certainly playing a role. Good point!

Touche :D

OH yes. This flexible use year business is certainly playing a role. Good point!

I think we are going to see much more ROFR over the next few months till the demands on direct is filled. So that will drive prices up.

I think we are going to see much more ROFR over the next few months till the demands on direct is filled. So that will drive prices up.

Sure hope you're off the mark here, but I do believe you're right. *sighs*

A 100 point Grand Floridian contract just showed up on Fidelity priced at $98 per point.

That's so low that it's not even worth trying to sneak through. But if someone wants to try getting a steal you could offer way above what those guys are asking....

A 100 point Grand Floridian contract just showed up on Fidelity priced at $98 per point.

That's so low that it's not even worth trying to sneak through. But if someone wants to try getting a steal you could offer way above what those guys are asking....

Well that's a very low price but sometimes things do slip through DVD. I put in an offer see what happens... Probably a mispriced posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter