ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke too soon.

Bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26, taken 4/8

On to the next one!
So sorry! I'm waiting to hear about mine and it's similar to yours. $135/PT for 170 point contract. I'm sure it is going to be taken now.

I spoke too soon.

Bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26, taken 4/8

On to the next one!

Looks like DVC is on a ROFR spree at the moment. They are taking a lot of contracts. IMO $135 for BLT seemed like a fair price but I guess its too low.

Bummer! It’s very annoying that we all went through those nutty waits just to get bad news. I was hoping at least one of you was going to pass.
There's still hope for some! I really, really hope someone passes after their long wait!

Sorry guys :( Still waiting for mine...
I hope you get some news soon!

So sorry! I'm waiting to hear about mine and it's similar to yours. $135/PT for 170 point contract. I'm sure it is going to be taken now.
I hope you get some news soon!

Looks like DVC is on a ROFR spree at the moment. They are taking a lot of contracts. IMO $135 for BLT seemed like a fair price but I guess its too low.
Looking back at the last batch of "takens" it seems like most were under $140/pt. My next offer is going to be higher than $140/pt.

Looking back at the last batch of "takens" it seems like most were under $140/pt. My next offer is going to be higher than $140/pt.

I can’t help wondering if DVC is gearing up for “something” with all those taken contracts.

Or maybe they just have a long backlog of ppl wanting to buy direct.

Just heard that Disney declined ROFR on our contract. We're on our way to our first DVC points! At the beginning of this process I was feeling unlucky that I started all of this so soon after the recent re-sale restrictions, but following along in this thread now I feel pretty fortunate that PVB was the resort that hooked me, as it seems to be the one of a small handful that Disney doesn't want back right now.

DisneyOutsider---$140-$25160-175-PVB-Oct-0/18, 0/19, 175/20- sent 3/28, passed 4/9

The question is just What?o_O
I really feel like with BLT they're just trying to drive up the price, especially since the most recent direct increase now has it at $225 a point!

Of course, they could have something else up their sleeves :confused3

Yes I know :-) - I just extended my thoughts as I’m curious about what they are up to. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Oh, okay! :flower3: If I had to guess, I'd say they're trying to increase resale prices to align with the latest direct price increase. That's my non-nefarious guess anyway. We'll see, though!

Oh, okay! :flower3: If I had to guess, I'd say they're trying to increase resale prices to align with the latest direct price increase. That's my non-nefarious guess anyway. We'll see, though!
Or maybe they keep jacking up the prices on resorts that keep getting closer and closer to their expiration dates because they want to keep direct prices on their new resorts (cough cough, Riviera) competitive with resale on the large number of points that already exist out there.

The more resorts that get added to the DVC ecosystem, the more competition DVC has against their own new resorts that they try to sell direct. I'd think the reason they keep jacking up direct prices on sold out resorts is so prospective buyers are less likely to buy a sold out resort and more likely to buy the resorts they're still trying to sell. The added bonus is they also get to make a pretty penny off of those who are married to the idea of buying into the sold out resorts, especially buying them direct.

Or maybe they keep jacking up the prices on resorts that keep getting closer and closer to their expiration dates because they want to keep direct prices on their new resorts (cough cough, Riviera) competitive with resale on the large number of points that already exist out there.

The more resorts that get added to the DVC ecosystem, the more competition DVC has against their own new resorts that they try to sell direct. I'd think the reason they keep jacking up direct prices on sold out resorts is so prospective buyers are less likely to buy a sold out resort and more likely to buy the resorts they're still trying to sell. The added bonus is they also get to make a pretty penny off of those who are married to the idea of buying into the sold out resorts, especially buying them direct.

You might be right. If that is the “only” reason I can live with that. However if they are coming with new restrictions I would hate it.

I think flexible use years just means they will want more inventory on hand. So they're filling up their backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter