Rock'n Roller coaster vs. Space Mountain

mabovat

Earning My Ears
Please I need help!!!! My DH loves roller coasters I on the other hand can't stand them. Last year he talked me into going on the rock'n roller coaster at mgm I was scared to death but got thru it. My question is can anyone tell me about space mountain? My DH is dying to go on SM but I first would like to here how "bad" it is. Would you consider it worse than rock'n roller coaster or the same?

Oh my GOODNESS no!!!

Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain are not even close to being in the same league!!!!!!

Space Mountain is sort of a Wild Mouse in the dark. It tops out at about 30-35 mph, whereas Rock 'n Roller Coaster gets you to about 60mph.

There are no inversions or steep drops on Space Mountain either.

Space Mountain IS very jerky, and it's in the dark.

It's a lot of fun! I'd try it. The worst that can happen is you don't like it! :)

If you survived Rock N' Roller Coaster, SM will be a breeze. SM is also in the dark, but its much slower and there are no upside down loops. The only thing that may bother you is that Rock N' Roller Coast is a very smooth ride since its brand new. Whereas SM is a little rougher ride.

I think it really depends on WHAT YOU DIDN'T LIKE about RnR.

SnackyStacky is correct on their description. I think RnR is a much better ride, just depends on what it is you don't like about them.
:eek:

I guess I'm in the minority here because I think SM is worse than RNR. RNR is very smooth, no drops and I feel secure - I never get the feeling that I'm going to be tossed out. On the other hand, SM is slower and doesn't have any loops, but it has more drops and is much jerkier - I do sometimes feel as though I am going to fly out even though rationally I know I will not! It just depends on what freaks you out on rollercoasters, though. (I love inversions, but hate drops).

We don't even ride Space Mountain anymore because we don't consider it a real rollercoaster, esp now with RnR! ;) They are SOOOOOOOOOO different!

You'll be FINE on it, it's a piece of cake in comparison =)

If you made it through RnRC you'll laugh at SM. AT one point it feels like your floating out in space then you begin the ride which seems faster than what it is and there are only two drops (not steep ones either, longest one feels like maybe 50 feet at best and were talking about on a 25 to 30 degree angle). There are no inversions but there are plenty of tight turns. I love to ride it (it won't take your breath away but leaves you with the giggles). Try it, I think you'll like it, it's tame enough. If you can ride Big Thunder, you'll be fine on this one too.

I HATE Space Mountain but can tolerate RockNRoller. Space Mountain is WAY too jerky and made me motion sick! RnR is so quick you barely have time to get sick. My advice -- stay OFF Space Mountain!

Welll both are great in there own way.. Suprisingly when I asked a CM working in SM, The speed is an illusion!!! Its top speed is 25 miles perhour!!!

Coming from a completely unexperienced Roller Coaster rider, I would say Space Mountain is a bit rougher on the stomach. I have riden both, and RnR is definitely faster but it is much much smoother than SM. SM is much slower but speed is relative, has more unknown twists and turns, and jerks you around a bit more. Cmon, think about it. You can drive down the highway at 80mph and unless you take a sharp turn your body doesnt even feel it. SM is the rougher I believe for the newbie coaster rider.

With all of this said, I LOVE both of them.

RnR is my favorite ride in the whole world. Space Mountain doesn't really bother me that much, but it just isn't that much fun. I would much rather go on Big Thunder Mountain RR.

My only advice would be, if you're still not sure...take a ride on the TTA and take a look around when you go into Space Mountain, remembering everything everybody told you, then GO FOR IT!

Have Fun :)

:earsgirl: Love them both. I ride them both with my 8 year old niece. We couldn't do WDW without these two rides. However, if you really don't care for roller coasters and didn't like RNR, skip Space Mountain and let your DH do SM by himself. You'll both be happier.

I think GOBA Mom had a great suggestion........ride TTA and then decide. I like them all......prefer RnR b/c it is smoother but it's worth a go anyway. But then take all of this w/a grain of salt b/c I LOVE, absolutely LOVE Kraken at Sea World. The faster the better, the more flips & drops the better for me!! :Pinkbounc

I love RR but am not fond of SM! SM is very jerky, where RR is nice and smooth. Even though SM is slower, it feels like you've been tossed into a clothes dryer! I will go on SM to appease family, but it is not my favorite! RR, I will ride all day!

i like both of them RNR= because its fast and does loops and SM=because it in the dark and you can't really see where your going! but you should tta and see what its like for your self!!

:hyper: :Pinkbounce :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :tongue: green

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter