Rock n Rollercoaster in the wake of the possible change to Disney's Hollywood Adventure.

Personally, why I love this rollercoaster has less to do with the actual "ride" but more to do with the awesomeness of hearing blaring Aerosmith while on a rollercoaster. The music while on a rollercoaster is completely unique and awesome. I don't think I'd be going on this ride regularly if it was just a rollercoaster.

Well it's a pretty safe bet the ride won't be touched before 2021*. Because with all this work going on they really can't afford to have one of their big draws shut down for an extended period.

Also consider who is running that park now. Phil "I don't care if there's no working pirates, no maintenance!" Holmes.

*At which point they may announce something which will be ready by 2024. :D

Well it's a pretty safe bet the ride won't be touched before 2021*. Because with all this work going on they really can't afford to have one of their big draws shut down for an extended period.

Also consider who is running that park now. Phil "I don't care if there's no working pirates, no maintenance!" Holmes.

*At which point they may announce something which will be ready by 2024. :D
Phil will likely be retired by the time it comes to that thankfully. That's one reason they moved him. He's in his 60s and nearing his time.

Well, if a full re-theming of the ride is not in the plans, they should at least upgrade it. I always thought the Paris version looked much cooler compared to the flat cardboard signs. Though I would love a whole different concept. I love BH6, and regardless of the theming of RnRC, I really hope they keep some of Walt Disney Animation Studios in DHS. Keep the classics at MK and add the new stuff in there.

I agree with this completely. I liked the presentation much better than the flat 2d sign boards.

Well, some rumors say they are re-theming Paris's and building a Marvel version in Anaheim. Perhaps they are no longer interested in Aerosmith hosting the ride and they'll do something with Orlando's as well.

Does Aerosmith pay for some of the attraction? I thought it was currently sponsored by Hanes. At least according to the guitar out front.

@ronDisney I also don't see how the ride does not fit in with Hollywood? Ever hear of Capitol Records? It's on Hollywood Blvd! I guess if you only want to make it about movies, but I'm glad you offered a solution instead of just shaying it needs a change.

Does Aerosmith pay for some of the attraction? I thought it was currently sponsored by Hanes. At least according to the guitar out front.

I'm not really familiar with the way that works. I assume Aerosmith charges a copyright fee to Disney for using their songs and brand, but I really don't know if that's the case.

I'm not really familiar with the way that works. I assume Aerosmith charges a copyright fee to Disney for using their songs and brand, but I really don't know if that's the case.

Hanes is the current sponsor I believe. Aerosmith would have to have been paid to license their image rights and songs.

Actually we are probably looking at 2021-22 for park rebranding to be done.
From a business stand point, completion in 2021-2022 would be the worst blunder in Walt Disney Company history. Star Wars Land will be finished in 2019-2020 to coincide with the Star Wars Episode IX releasing in late 2019 - maybe delayed to early 2020. And there is no way Disney would allow construction walls to be erected and construction to be happening on WDW's 50th Anniversary - everything needs to look pretty and "perfect." But don't be surprised if construction starts again in 2023!

From a business stand point, completion in 2021-2022 would be the worst blunder in Walt Disney Company history. Star Wars Land will be finished in 2019-2020 to coincide with the Star Wars Episode IX releasing in late 2019 - maybe delayed to early 2020. And there is no way Disney would allow construction walls to be erected and construction to be happening on WDW's 50th Anniversary - everything needs to look pretty and "perfect." But don't be surprised if construction starts again in 2023!
This isn't Disneyland. WDW hasn't gone all out for an anniversary since the 25th which brought the castle cake. DHS 25th only had some cupcakes and t shirts. Epcot 30, nothing big, AK 15 more t shirts.

Disney would sell this as look at what we have for our 50th anniversary! I'm also not disputing Star Wars will be done by 2020. The third unannounced piece is what would go into 2021.

WDW will always have walls somewhere.

Oh and also Disneyland currently has walls up during their 60th celebration. Innoventions has walls, Peter Pan had walls until July, the old flying tires also as walls in DCA. So walls are not a problem during an anniversary even in a place like Disneyland.

An issue I see with SW land opening later than 2020 is that the place would be uncomfortably PACKED. Everyone will schedule their vacations around the 50th anniversary, they will be promoting DHS' re-branding, Toy Story land will be relatively new and a whole Star Wars area will be opening. One year of advantage between SWL and the 50th to let the hype go down would be nice.

An issue I see with SW land opening later than 2020 is that the place would be uncomfortably PACKED. Everyone will schedule their vacations around the 50th anniversary, they will be promoting DHS' re-branding, Toy Story land will be relatively new and a whole Star Wars area will be opening. One year of advantage between SWL and the 50th to let the hype go down would be nice.
I think Star Wars in 2020 is safe bet but if that third piece of the rebranding comes through it will be 2021 for that. The only timeline I've seen is 2017-18 for toy story, 2019 part of Star Wars opens, 2020 the rest of it opens, 2021 the unannounced.

I think Star Wars in 2020 is safe bet but if that third piece of the rebranding comes through it will be 2021 for that. The only timeline I've seen is 2017-18 for toy story, 2019 part of Star Wars opens, 2020 the rest of it opens, 2021 the unannounced.

The only thing that might change that, pure speculation, is if they want to make Star Wars the capstone of the rebranding, so they do the unannounced additional land first. I think planning for Star Wars is fluid enough that is actually a possibility.

Yes, I agree that the entire WDW Resort is probably going to look it's best in many years at the 50th Anniversary. It's not just the anniversary of the Magic Kingdom but the entire WDW Resort. I was there in 1971 and I will be there in 2021 - and I expect it to be the biggest celebration to date. Totally agree it will be a deadline they are looking to meet wherever possible throughout the property.

This isn't Disneyland. WDW hasn't gone all out for an anniversary since the 25th which brought the castle cake. DHS 25th only had some cupcakes and t shirts. Epcot 30, nothing big, AK 15 more t shirts.

Disney would sell this as look at what we have for our 50th anniversary! I'm also not disputing Star Wars will be done by 2020. The third unannounced piece is what would go into 2021.

WDW will always have walls somewhere.

Oh and also Disneyland currently has walls up during their 60th celebration. Innoventions has walls, Peter Pan had walls until July, the old flying tires also as walls in DCA. So walls are not a problem during an anniversary even in a place like Disneyland.

This is where my and your age comes in to play. 25th, 50th, 60th and 75th are the biggest anniversaries you celebrate. Silver, Gold, Diamond and Diamond. When you get my age you will appreciate their significance.

Gold is a big deal and the timing of it is perfect for a big celebration, particularly given the improved economy (cash flow), big increase in attendance, big investments by Disney and all the expansion that is happening. What better time to showcase all that and be at capacity everywhere. And remember that Disney World has a rival that has made some huge gains that Disneyland does not have.

I have no doubt that the 50th will be a huge celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort, and all work being done right now will be put in work patterns to be complete by then and minimal distraction as possible at the time. It makes perfect sense that this date be a major factor in everything we know of that is coming. The crowds will be large, capacity needs to be maximized and the parks need to look good. Of course there will be a wall here or there, but I would expect most will be gone for at least a portion of the celebration year that follows the kickoff. And honestly DHS will be far enough in to it's new focus that there is no reason to wait on the re-branding/name etc.

And what better time than to wow everyone, then guide them to the kiosk and sell them a DVC! Am sure there will be a few new ones announced by then.

Yes, I agree that the entire WDW Resort is probably going to look it's best in many years at the 50th Anniversary. It's not just the anniversary of the Magic Kingdom but the entire WDW Resort. I was there in 1971 and I will be there in 2021 - and I expect it to be the biggest celebration to date. Totally agree it will be a deadline they are looking to meet wherever possible throughout the property.

This is where my and your age comes in to play. 25th, 50th, 60th and 75th are the biggest anniversaries you celebrate. Silver, Gold, Diamond and Diamond. When you get my age you will appreciate their significance.

Gold is a big deal and the timing of it is perfect for a big celebration, particularly given the improved economy (cash flow), big increase in attendance, big investments by Disney and all the expansion that is happening. What better time to showcase all that and be at capacity everywhere. And remember that Disney World has a rival that has made some huge gains that Disneyland does not have.

I have no doubt that the 50th will be a huge celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort, and all work being done right now will be put in work patterns to be complete by then and minimal distraction as possible at the time. It makes perfect sense that this date be a major factor in everything we know of that is coming. The crowds will be large, capacity needs to be maximized and the parks need to look good. Of course there will be a wall here or there, but I would expect most will be gone for at least a portion of the celebration year that follows the kickoff. And honestly DHS will be far enough in to it's new focus that there is no reason to wait on the re-branding/name etc.

And what better time than to wow everyone, then guide them to the kiosk and sell them a DVC! Am sure there will be a few new ones announced by then.
While I agree, i still think walls could be up somewhere during the 50th.

RnR is great, but it is the least appropriate theming of anything at WDW. Not to mention it is very dated. Yes Aerosmith is classic and the music is awesome. I'm old enough to know. :) However, I wonder how many pre-teens have asked mom and dad who the creepy old guys are. It would be fantastic for many other theming elements including Big Hero 6 - which had awesome music btw. I wonder if they could do 3D with 3D glasses on a rollercoaster... wouldn't that rock. Although the floor underneath the rollercoaster would get covered in glasses. :P

RnR is great, but it is the least appropriate theming of anything at WDW. Not to mention it is very dated. Yes Aerosmith is classic and the music is awesome. I'm old enough to know. :) However, I wonder how many pre-teens have asked mom and dad who the creepy old guys are. It would be fantastic for many other theming elements including Big Hero 6 - which had awesome music btw. I wonder if they could do 3D with 3D glasses on a rollercoaster... wouldn't that rock. Although the floor underneath the rollercoaster would get covered in glasses. :P
I'm 17 and know and like Aerosmith.

It's a given they are one of the best known rock bands in history, but I don't know that a lot of kids listen to them today. And even if they do it still isn't a good match for Disney.

I think Aerosmith is a fine match for Disney. As i've said, the attraction as a whole, is great. A really good self-contained attraction. Good Story, Good music,Thrilling attraction. But, in the scope of what the intended overall theme of the park is rumored to become (immersion INTO the movies), I don't necessarily see how this music-based attraction fits in. As mentioned before, if the section it's in, is thought to be the "Hollywood that never was"...a fictitious music company isn't too far of a stretch from the sub-theme of the section. But, I just thought that a re-brand to a specific movie might make the attraction fall in line with the park's overall theme.

If they can give Test Track a big makeover...I don't see why they couldn't do that with RnRC...eventually. :)

My idea is that the Animation Building can leave, and in return, a path links the RNRC area to the front of the park and breaks the dead end. Then, that area can have Disney Jr, a new show in the Mermaid building (Muppets relocation?), RNRC, and the new Flex theater for a "Studio Lot" area, right next to modern Hollywood (Hollywood Boulevard) and 1930s Hollywood (Sunset Boulevard), and that's the entire "Hollywood Land" area. And if they do that, the theme could stay the same, or change to something else. Guardians of the Galaxy would make sense, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter