Rock n Rollercoaster in the wake of the possible change to Disney's Hollywood Adventure.

This thread was started long ago...but in light of the announcement of Tokyo Disney's expansion (which will include an attraction inspired by Big Hero 6, i wonder if perhaps they stole...errr appropriated my suggestion. Mwahahaha. Would be kinda cool if they actually did, but I think it may end some kind of interactive meet and greet with Baymax, ala Turtle Talk with Crush.

Oh hey fun look at an old thread. I think you had a great idea. In my opinion, this ride is long overdue for a theme refresh. The only thing is the area is called Sunset Boulevard, right? They can kinda tangentially hand wave the Aerosmith theming with the current name. It might be tougher with a Big Hero 6 or Guardians (the other popular/good idea) themes.

The Slinky Toy Story coaster is a good idea, or you could do a Cars coaster, Monsters Inc doors coaster, Inside Out train coaster or another Disney theme. They should also put in another path to the Midway Mania area for that section. Then they should change ToT to Wreck it Ralph, they could have Ralph wreck the apartment building and knock your elevator down. Tie the whole park together, Twilight Zone and Aerosmith aren't Disney. I like both rides but making them Disney themed would be better in my opinion.

The Slinky Toy Story coaster is a good idea, or you could do a Cars coaster, Monsters Inc doors coaster, Inside Out train coaster or another Disney theme. They should also put in another path to the Midway Mania area for that section. Then they should change ToT to Wreck it Ralph, they could have Ralph wreck the apartment building and knock your elevator down. Tie the whole park together, Twilight Zone and Aerosmith aren't Disney. I like both rides but making them Disney themed would be better in my opinion.
Slinky Dog isn't an idea it's a real thing.

They are building a new entrance for Toy Story Midway Mania and the current entrance will close.

Tower of Terror is the best ride in the park no it should not be wreck it Ralph.

I think it needs to get rebranded. Of course if you don't it will not affect it's popularity. Heck. You could call it Buddy Holly and the Crickets Rockin Do Wop Rollercoaster and I'd ride it over and over.

But Disney is a theme park and not an amusement park so you need to theme to what people know and the people who know Aerosmith is shrinking. I don't think they even tour anymore but I could be wrong. The 2nd reason would be licensing. If Disney is in fact having to pay royalties or whatever, I'm sure they would be happy to replace with their own property.

In light of the rumoured theme park name change of Disney's Hollywood STudios to Disney’s Hollywood Adventure, I started thinking about wether a possible rebranding of the Rock n Rollercoaster could/should be done, to bring the attraction closer to the park’s new overall theme.

Personally, I love the attraction as it is …and in its self-contained environment, it’s a solid attraction that hits all the right points in story and attraction mechanics.

But...fast forward to Disney’s Hollywood Adventure…and the whole music adventure sort of feels out of place for the theme of guests being immersed in the movies.

Here’s my idea for the rebranded attraction:
Big Hero 6: Escape through San Fransokyo.

The story could go like this:

You are on a guided tour through the university where Hiro and his friends attend, and during the tour, the school is being attacked by a new Yokai (an unknown individual who has managed to steal the nanobot tech from Hiro and the previous Yokai...Professor Callaghan). Gogo, tells the audience that she has been working on a new ultrafast transportation system for the city…though it’s still in the prototype phase…it’s still the best and fastest way to get out of danger at the moment. You are quickly (but safely) ushered into the loading room, where the prototype trains, are deployed. The trains shoot out, and you manage to travel through the city as Yokai and the Big Hero 6 team do battle. At the end, you make it to the “San Fransoyoko central transportation center” where you see news vids of Big Hero 6 managing to heroically capture and contain the villainous Yokai.

Some attraction details.

· The video room shows how the story unfolds. The floors, could now have “rumbling” effects as the villain starts to attack the University.

· In the queue towards the trains, you could have rumblings sounding out, as well a “crumbling dust effects”

· New lighting/holographic effects would outline the interior of the ride, showing vids of the battle between the team and Yokai. I’d leave it to Imagineering to figure out how to give guests good views of that battle, despite the speed and thrill of the attraction. But, if anyone can figure that out, it would be the imagineers.

· Unsure if the attraction would take place in a nighttime setting (to go with the dark), or if they could possibly set it in a daytime setting (complete with a grand animated environment, featuring the sky of the city, buildings, etc)

· The sound system could be used to add sound effects of that battle adding to the immersion factor.

· Of course the central station has a “gift shop” that would sell Big hero 6 merchandise, and possibly have a Hiro/baymax meet and greet nearby.

What do you guys think?

What would you possibly add/take away from my idea?

What would your idea be?
Really cool idea, I do think they should focus on the rest of the park for a while. Plenty that needs to be done first

Slinky Dog isn't an idea it's a real thing.

They are building a new entrance for Toy Story Midway Mania and the current entrance will close.

Tower of Terror is the best ride in the park no it should not be wreck it Ralph.

Your opinion but you don't make decisions for Disney just like I like RnRRC te best but that's my opinion and I wouldn't mind if they changed the theme to a Disney theme. Slinky Dog is happening? I haven't seen that anywhere. Also for a moderator the way you type is wrong I can have my own ideas and opinions.

Your opinion but you don't make decisions for Disney just like I like RnRRC te best but that's my opinion and I wouldn't mind if they changed the theme to a Disney theme. Slinky Dog is happening? I haven't seen that anywhere. Also for a moderator the way you type is wrong I can have my own ideas and opinions.

What rock have you been under? Slinky Dog was announced when Toy Story Land was announced. Almost 2 years ago. Granted, it's now going to be shorter than previously planned but it's still going to be there.

No one told you that you couldn't have an opinion, especially RTeetz. Here's my opinion, TOT and RnR are a couple of the best rides at WDW and should be left alone.

I love the ride itself, but a rebranding has to happen at some point, right? I mean, Aerosmith is a tad long in the tooth (no offense, I love them and have been to 2 of their concerts). Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy or Marvel? Keep the basic track but re-brand it. Have to admit that we LOVED Hyperspace Mountain with the Star Wars them out at Disneyland. Vast improvement from our perspective.

I love the ride itself, but a rebranding has to happen at some point, right? I mean, Aerosmith is a tad long in the tooth (no offense, I love them and have been to 2 of their concerts). Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy or Marvel? Keep the basic track but re-brand it. Have to admit that we LOVED Hyperspace Mountain with the Star Wars them out at Disneyland. Vast improvement from our perspective.

It's important to remember that due to the deal between Marvel and Universal Orlando, Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel properties or characters at their properties east of the Mississippi. Hence why only the DCA version of Tower of Terror is getting the Guardians makeover.

I believe it only involves select things in the Marvel Universe. I don't know specifics since I haven't read the contract, but there's been talk of GOTG going to Ellen, so I don't believe GOTG is included in the deal with Universal.

It's important to remember that due to the deal between Marvel and Universal Orlando, Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel properties or characters at their properties east of the Mississippi. Hence why only the DCA version of Tower of Terror is getting the Guardians makeover.

The "East of the Mississippi" restriction only applies to specific Marvel characters. Dr. Strange has appeared at meet-and-greets at WDW and expect GOTG characters (at least Star Lord) when the new film debuts. Disney definitely considered converting the WDW TOT to Guardians. A GOTG attraction for Epcot has also been proposed.

I also think R&RC will eventually get re-themed. But I'm willing to bet it'll be at least a decade or close to two before it happens. Which on a Disney timescale is actually not that far away sadly. But the music is fairly timeless, as is the ride itself. I mean, classic rock still resonates as do concerts and sitting in traffic. So I don't think there is really a hurry. The pre-show is looking a little faded, but it will definitely last for quite a while longer ... at least compared to some of the other time worn attractions (last scene of CoP and Spaceship Earth come to mind quickly).

The real issue is when Disney decides paying Aerosmith royalties is more annoying than spending a whole lot more money up front to re-theme it to one of their own IPs. And I'd have to believe it would coincide with a period of track replacement or a long shut down anyway. Something they simply can't do any time soon.

I believe they can do things with guardians at Orlando. As long as they are not in a movie with other characters that are to allowed in Orlando. The whole thing is so convoluted though don't quote me on any of it.

No one told you that you couldn't have an opinion, especially RTeetz. Here's my opinion, TOT and RnR are a couple of the best rides at WDW and should be left alone.

Well here is my opinion on that... I Agree!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::jumping1::laughing::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!