RO Reservation update when rates released?

3gr8boys

DIS Veteran
I have a room only reservation for February 2020. When rates are released next week, will I automatically receive an email with the updated cost? Will I have to call? Will it show up in the resort "details" section on my MDE?
( I am eager to see the official $ number.....and eager to compare it to other options.....and eager to see what discounts become available..... )

Last edited:
Partial answer is that usually late Sept the Feb discounts are released. You'll want some way to be notified when they come out, because Disney doesn't always email you about them. I will probably wait until I can make the reservations online before holding a room for next year which I guess is next week?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers

I imagine we'd have to call. With room only I can't see my price on MDE. Can you? Only packages show pricing details and what you owe I thought.

I imagine we'd have to call. With room only I can't see my price on MDE. Can you? Only packages show pricing details and what you owe I thought.

It's my first RO reservation...so I am not sure what to expect from MDE. If I don't see any communication regarding a price update for the reservation, I will call next Monday.....but the irrationally impatient planner in me really wants to know what to expect 8-)

What you were quoted when you book is what you will pay unless you choose to watch for discounts ( late September) and see if you can modify to the discount. Disney will not lower the price automatically and the price next week will most likely be rack rate which is what you were quoted at reservation time unless they have released a special for your timeframe as well.

What you were quoted when you book is what you will pay unless you choose to watch for discounts ( late September) and see if you can modify to the discount. Disney will not lower the price automatically and the price next week will most likely be rack rate which is what you were quoted at reservation time unless they have released a special for your timeframe as well.

The quotes for 2020 trips made before rack rates are released next week are based on 2019 rates, not the 2020 rates which is when the OP is booked.

I have one for 2020 and was given a price. Are you saying rack rates might have decreased? I guess I never thought Disney would lower rack rate

I know discounts won't be out yet and aren't applied automatically. I will be watching for that as time goes by. I am referring to resort room rack rates.

I made the reservation 499ish days out- well before rates were released.....I thought such early RO reservations were updated by the system with the release of rack rates for that time period (which I think happens next Monday) (ETA make that Tuesday 8-))

Last edited:
right which is why I’m confused. Why would the price quoted at booking not be what is expected to be paid ( minus future discounts if any)?

My understanding of reservations booked before the rates are published is that the price quoted is a placeholder that will adjust with the new rates....

right which is why I’m confused. Why would the price quoted at booking not be what is expected to be paid ( minus future discounts if any)?

You can call and make a room only reservation before rack rates for a time period are released (up to 499 days before check out date)...they quote an amount that reflects (I think) the highest current year rate, noting that the true rack rate is still unknown.

We booked for 2020 this year, 2019. Since 2020 rates aren't out yet, we booked the rack rate for 2019. When 2020 rates come out, our rates will be adjusted to reflect the new prices.

We are wondering if we will get an email with adjusted price or if we need to call.

We booked for 2020 this year, 2019. Since 2020 rates aren't out yet, we booked the rack rate for 2019. When 2020 rates come out, our rates will be adjusted to reflect the new prices.

We are wondering if we will get an email with adjusted price or if we need to call.

I must have called late enough then that they had rack rates for 2020 internally because they gave me a total and had me pay a nights deposit. There was no mention of it being changeable/ 2019 rates. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I must have called late enough then that they had rack rates for 2020 internally because they gave me a total and had me pay a nights deposit. There was no mention of it being changeable/ 2019 rates. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I'm not doubting what you were (weren't) told, but I would double check that you were really booked at 2020 rates, because I haven't heard of that happening.
Only because I don't want you to be surprised that you will owe more money.
:)

I'm not doubting what you were (weren't) told, but I would double check that you were really booked at 2020 rates, because I haven't heard of that happening.
Only because I don't want you to be surprised that you will owe more money.
:)
I booked a few days ago but I will check. Thanks for the heads up.

@3gr8boys and @Capitalangel

So, I ended up calling Disney because I can't control myself. ;)

So I was also told that my price I booked at will not change when 2020 rates comes out. I explained what I thought would happen (what I said above) and she "promised" me that they will not increase the price unless I make changes, such as upgrade to a package.

I asked her to check now what the price would be for our stay we currently have booked - we booked at $6804, when she looked today it was up to $7250! So she said that my price will stay the same.

I'm having a hard time believing her because everyone else who has done this previously said the rates change when 2020 prices come out. She sound like she knew what she was talking about, but some people are good at that. :rotfl:

Guess we will see next Tuesday! God I hope she's right...

@3gr8boys and @Capitalangel

So, I ended up calling Disney because I can't control myself. ;)

So I was also told that my price I booked at will not change when 2020 rates comes out. I explained what I thought would happen (what I said above) and she "promised" me that they will not increase the price unless I make changes, such as upgrade to a package.

I asked her to check now what the price would be for our stay we currently have booked - we booked at $6804, when she looked today it was up to $7250! So she said that my price will stay the same.

I'm having a hard time believing her because everyone else who has done this previously said the rates change when 2020 prices come out. She sound like she knew what she was talking about, but some people are good at that. :rotfl:

Guess we will see next Tuesday! God I hope she's right...

Similar experience talking to two different CMs....I won't believe it until we hit next Tuesday though. We will have to circle back next week!

@Farro and @Capitalangel

FWIW I pulled up my reservation email / deposit receipt from February. It doesn't say anything about the rate changing based on rack rates being released....just says price won't change as long as I don't make any changes. Good grief. I am more curious and impatient now than I was when I asked my original question this morning!! Of course, I am spending all this time wondering about the rack rate when I am really hoping it will be irrelevant in the long run....come on, discount codes :-)!!

they quote an amount that reflects (I think) the highest current year rate, noting that the true rack rate is still unknown.
Yes, exactly. Quotes so far have been at holiday (I think that's the designation) 2019 rates. Odds are rates will change downward, unless bookings are for Easter break week(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter