Riviera Imagineering

Unclelude

Mouseketeer
Recent first stay at Riviera for moonlight magic. We had a tower studio. It was great.

We had a car and parked in the lot just outside the tower. On checkout day, we were walking from the elevators to the parking lot. I noticed as I looked out the door to the parking lot ... the water fountain in the pond was *perfectly* centered in the view as you walked down the hall. Zero chance that was a co-incidence.

I blew some pixie dust my wife's way, "Honey, look at the fountain! It's perfectly centered in the door!". She wryly replied, "Neat!"... I knew she really meant "You have a problem"... hehe.

It is fun to find the little things you may not always notice that make a difference - magic :).

Have fun!

I guess not everyone read the multiple articles released before Riviera opened, pointing out the Imagineering touches. I especially love the various works of art using Disney characters but done in the styles of different French artists.

And maybe they've never been to Europe or France or researched it either.

Of all the new ones, Gran Destino, Riviera, Reflections, the Cabins and Island Tower—Riviera is the most true to its concept, at least to me.

And maybe they've never been to Europe or France or researched it either.

Of all the new ones, Gran Destino, Riviera, Reflections, the Cabins and Island Tower—Riviera is the most true to its concept, at least to me.
I’ll have to reserve judgement on Reflections and Poly Tower for when they’re finished and I can see them in person. I agree about the Cabins, insofar as their not being true to the concept of a cabin in the woods. When we stayed in the original ones in 1994, they didn’t have the log facing - they were very obviously manufactured homes. I liked the log cabin look of the ones currently being replaced much better than the ones in 1994 as well as the new ones.

facebook twitter