Rivers of Light Standby

We are planning on Tuesday the week after next. Hopefully, the standby line won't be too long.
It could be either bad news or good news for you, but just a reminder that "The View" will be broadcasting from AK beginning on March 6th through the 10th. The stage will be at the Tree of Life.

I keep stalking the dining reservations to see if a ROL dining package opens up....I even called to see if my regular Tusker House could be switched to ROL, but no such luck. . . . I'll keep trying! T-7 days :)

It could be either bad news or good news for you, but just a reminder that "The View" will be broadcasting from AK beginning on March 6th through the 10th. The stage will be at the Tree of Life.
cough, cough...Bad...cough, cough

We are at AK on the 7th and I did not want to move anything around to avoid this. I have a hard time imagining it will change crowds very much. But I would guess it will disrupt Tree of Life traffic and the view (yes, pun intended). DW just doesn't like these women and would rather avoid them.

:wizard:

You should take something for that cough.
We are at AK on the 7th and I did not want to move anything around to avoid this.
At least you can, I can't.
I have a hard time imagining it will change crowds very much. But I would guess it will disrupt Tree of Life traffic and the view (yes, pun intended).
Agree, it will attract some additional guests as I'm sure there are some fans out there that will make a special trip, but not enough to make a difference. The broadcast is only an hour long so any impact will be minimal.
DW just doesn't like these women and would rather avoid them
I don't think she's alone.

We are at AK on the 7th and I did not want to move anything around to avoid this. I have a hard time imagining it will change crowds very much. But I would guess it will disrupt Tree of Life traffic and the view (yes, pun intended). DW just doesn't like these women and would rather avoid them.

:wizard:

Oh, man, I am at AK on the 7th too. I didn't know about The View being there. Yuck. Well, hopefully it won't cause any issues for me.

I've always found your Disneyland board posts very helpful, HydroGuy!

Wooohoooo! Stalking paid off. . . .Just scored a ROL dining package just 10 minutes earlier than the Tusker House breakfast reservation I was already holding!! No one will even notice it was switched :) So I now officially have a FP for our night on the 7th! Woohooo!! Those of you still looking....keep trying! Maybe the 10:25 breakfast I had and just dumped will reappear as a ROL seating!!! It was for 6.

I am bummed to hear about the taping too, I can't imagine it will have much impact on ROL, but it will affect breakfast reservations I am sure trying to get past the TOL.....what time does that show air? Will it be a live broadcast?

Does anyone have any experience with the wait times using FP?

We are going May 14th, have an ADR at Yak & Yeti for 630pm (ROL show time is 9:15pm).

There are Dining packages available, but feel that with a FP I won't need to worry about getting a seat for 2 of us

UGH, we are also there tuesday 7th, thankfully with a FP for ROL. Do not like that show at all so I am not looking forward to any extra mess, people, delays...

Any idea what time they are done by or out of the park?

I keep stalking the dining reservations to see if a ROL dining package opens up....I even called to see if my regular Tusker House could be switched to ROL, but no such luck. . . . I'll keep trying! T-7 days :)
With the Jungle Book show last year, there were many people that canceled their TH ADR and immediately rebooked it as an Jungle Book package. I didn't want to risk it as I had a FP but I asked at the restaurant when I checked in and was allowed to change it then. Most likely because they had not held back ADRs for the package, therefore they had availability for the package but they just did not have any extra seats as they had booked the restaurant before the packages were released...if that makes sense.

I don't know if they held back ADRs for the ROL package or not, so those options may or may not work this time around.

ETA: I see you found one! :)

what time does that show air? Will it be a live broadcast?
Any idea what time they are done by or out of the park?
AFAIK, it airs live from 11am to noon ET. Based on previous similar situations, the cast will not be at the stage that long, but they'll be a lot of activity before and after the broadcast. The cast or a reporter may also do recorded remotes around AK that will be shown during the live broadcast. If they do, that involves moving a ton of equipment from one location to another through guest areas. Some guests become annoyed with the process, but it's done quickly. It is what it is, I wouldn't be concerned. It's done all the time.

With the Jungle Book show last year, there were many people that canceled their TH ADR and immediately rebooked it as an Jungle Book package. I didn't want to risk it as I had a FP but I asked at the restaurant when I checked in and was allowed to change it then. Most likely because they had not held back ADRs for the package, therefore they had availability for the package but they just did not have any extra seats as they had booked the restaurant before the packages were released...if that makes sense.

I don't know if they held back ADRs for the ROL package or not, so those options may or may not work this time around.

ETA: I see you found one! :)

Funny, because that's what I THOUGHT might be the case, I called this morning to speak with someone to see if I would be able to have my original reservation re-assigned as a ROL package, she checked and said no but I didn't want to risk it. BUT....then when I found a reservation this morning and DID cancel the original to update to the package, my original time WAS then showing as a ROL package, so I guess it is possible to do it that way, but I would hate to lose out by taking that chance!!!

I am so thankful for this thread! We will also be at AK on 3/7 and I just snagged a dining package for breakfast! ROL is so new, it wasn't on my original plans.

Does anyone have any experience with the wait times using FP?

We are going May 14th, have an ADR at Yak & Yeti for 630pm (ROL show time is 9:15pm).

There are Dining packages available, but feel that with a FP I won't need to worry about getting a seat for 2 of us

I'm not sure an exact time. We were there last week and had a FP booked for Tuesday for the 7 or 715 show. I'd like to say we showed up at the FP time that it noted on the FP. Everyone was in there seats at that point, no line.
My father was in a scooter, so we went to that section and it wasn't a problem. However, if I didn't have that, I'm not sure how many seats were really left at that point. It seemed pretty packed.

I would definitely show up at least 15 minutes before the FP time.

I don't know what the current situation is with FP and dining. I tried on the day it was announced to book a FP and couldn't get one on any of our days, nor a tusker house dining. Then suddenly, I had the option to book a FP about a week later.

It is a good show, different. I'm glad I went and worth spending the time to get to it. However, I'm not sure I'd spend additional $$ on a dinner package that I wasn't planning on doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter