Rivers of Light Standby

disney20something

Earning My Ears
We missed ROL last night because we didn't realize how hard it would be to see it without a fast pass (there are no more for the remainder of outlet trip). We're here for 4 more days -- when should we line up standby for our best chances of seeing the show?

If you are thinking of going again, I am suggesting maybe a dining package? That way you have "tickets" to see ROL without the fast pass.

We missed ROL last night because we didn't realize how hard it would be to see it without a fast pass (there are no more for the remainder of outlet trip). We're here for 4 more days -- when should we line up standby for our best chances of seeing the show?

Great question. I will be there at the end of March and I can't get a FP so it will be interesting to see how early I need to get in line for it.

Hmmmm, that is a tricky one as the show hasn't been running for long. I'd advise one of two things; 1) book a dining package if there is one available. or 2) keep checking back on FastPasses (esp. on the day) as people may cancel/move their plans around.

Standby: 60-90 minutes before show-time.
Will it "calm down" as time goes by?

Well, once Pandora opens, likely RoL will be more crowded than ever.

I was also wondering about standby lines. Is the ROL show on just once every night?

Thank you

I would aim to get in standby line at least 60 min ahead of showtime..earlier if you can.

We didn't see RoL last weekend because we got to standby line about 40 min before showtime and I'd estimate about 50 people in front of us at a standstill. Then I heard a CM say that it's standing room only. The line didn't move so we got out of line and 5 min later I heard a cm say show was full and they could wait in line for the second show which was close to 2 hours from that point.

We would've made it if I would've looked at everything before hand and realized that standby entrance was over past dinoland. I was assuming it was up by expedition Everest so we waited about 20 min in line at the bar there then had to walk halfway across the park.

I got a good seat about 60 minutes before showtime. You are allowed to leave the theater for food and you can get back in without waiting in the line. This was my experience at one of the first shows last weekend.

Did they let you in the theatre to sit 60 minutes before showtime?!

If you are thinking of going again, I am suggesting maybe a dining package? That way you have "tickets" to see ROL without the fast pass.

With all the talk about dining pkgs. to see ROL, thought it would be next to impossible to get just FP's, but we're 58 days out and had choices for every night we're there. Booked three in case we like it that much, or in case of inclement weather. Did not want a dining pkg.

I'm not sure that CMs providing entertainment would blend in with the mood that they're trying to achieve, but there are some very subtle environmental things taking place as you wait. You have to pay attention though.
That sounds PERFECT to me! Just not sure of the teens who will be traveling with me ;)

That sounds PERFECT to me!
I'm sure that by nightfall, you'll have made a few compromises for them, so let's make this one experience for you.
Just not sure of the teens who will be traveling with me
If they're typical teens, they'll probably be preoccupied with their cell phones. Or just send them over to EE.
RoL may not be for the very young, but I think most older teens will enjoy it.

Wow...good to know. Is there any sort of pre-show. . . cast members keeping the crowd entertained?

There's kind of a preshow where the "fireflies" are seen in the trees and the lotus blossoms move into place.

But most of our hour wait was spent sitting on the bench entertaining ourselves. We played Heads Up and a few people around us joined in.

Standby: 60-90 minutes before show-time.
Will it "calm down" as time goes by?

Well, once Pandora opens, likely RoL will be more crowded than ever.

Robo . .. . Ever the optimist lol

Sadly, this is very likely 100% right. It's popular now, and it will be even worse once Pandora opens, and draws much much bigger crowds into AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter