River Country becoming part of FW and WL?

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
A few years back, we took a tour of WL. Our tour guide told us that the future plans for the Fort Wilderness area
(campground and WL hotel) was that River Country would become like Stormalong Bay- a pool area for FW. RC would no longer be a public water park like Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Has anyone else heard this rumor, or was that ranger just dreaming?

...at some point.

River Country is the oldest WDW water park, and does not have the quantity or variety of flumes found at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. River Country also tends to have a longer down season than the other two parks.

I would guess that the timing depends on the also rumored fourth water park (the park even has a name, I think, but I can't seem to recall it right now). It seems logical that they'd need another water park before removing one, even the "little" one, from general circulation.

Jeff

The only thing I can think of that would Keep Ricer Country open is its location. River country is the only Water park in the MK area. All the mentioned replacements are suggested as being in the North.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter