• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistence, please compare to another attraction.

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

We will be at Disney next month.
I would like to try get a BG for Rise. Can someone please compare it to another attraction.
I love Flight of Passage and hate Star Tours and Body Wars.
Not sure if I will like it. I really want to ride but not feel sick.

Thank you.

It's an experience in multiple segments. None of it is like Star Tours or Body Wars; nor is it like FoP! One segment is like MMRR, as osufeth24 says above. Trying to stay away from spoilers, I can't think of anything else to say. So try to get your BG for RotR, but ride MMRR first. If you can ride MMRR, you won't have any problem with RotR.

My husband cannot do star tours or parts of FOP ( he closes his eyes). He loved Rise of the Resistance. We rode it twice during our trip in November. Definitely get a boarding pass, it’s an amazing ride.

If you're ok on FOP, ROTR will not make you sick. As mentioned above, it's similar to MMRR. You will however be sick if you don't get to experience it. HAHA. It's hands down the best attraction I've ever been on. Good luck getting a BG.

Thank you all very much. I rode MMRR last year when it first opened and at the park at like 530 am. I will hopefully get a BG. Im excited to try it!

Thank you SO much!

RotR is always worth a try !!!
After a short flight simulator pre-show, your main ride vehicle is a car on 4 wheels and the wheels never leave the ground. The immersive ride makes you THINK you are moving, in ways that you are not, but you're always on solid ground. Everyone will like it. Star Wars fans will love it. (spoiler alert below. ignore it if you wish).

spoiler alert - your vehicle does take a momentary "drop" and brief simulator type experience at the end. It is a little jostling, but very do-able.

Describing it is difficult but as someone who has dealt with motion sickness in recent years, I was just fine. It’s truly an incredible experience. We finally went to Hollywood Studios for the first time a little over a week ago and got to experience it and was blown away. I actually recorded the whole experienc. If you’re interested in watching, just let me know. Either way, I think you’ll love it.

I can’t ride Star Tours. Probably will throw FOP and Smuggler’s Run in With that for the future. Love Tower of Terror; the straight up and down doesn’t mess with my equilibrium. Fine with the forward motion and upside down of Rock n Rollercoaster. A little difficulty with being thrown side to side on Big Thunder Mtn and Mickey Minnie.

I did great on Rise.

RotR is always worth a try !!!
After a short flight simulator pre-show, your main ride vehicle is a car on 4 wheels and the wheels never leave the ground. The immersive ride makes you THINK you are moving, in ways that you are not, but you're always on solid ground. Everyone will like it. Star Wars fans will love it. (spoiler alert below. ignore it if you wish).

spoiler alert - your vehicle does take a momentary "drop" and brief simulator type experience at the end. It is a little jostling, but very do-able.
I appreciate this spoiler, actually, because it's exactly the info I've been looking for and have had trouble finding until now.

I'll do my part to quasi-hide that spoiler in the rest here..

My partner is phobic about sudden drops, and as we plan our far-in-the-future trip, we're trying to research what rides she should stay away from. When she was 11, she went on Pirates of the Caribbean, and that one small, sudden drop at the beginning was enough to give her a lifetime fear. Would you say this drop is kind of like that? Or is it part of a motion simulator, and can be "avoided" if you close your eyes?

Thanks!

haven't ridden it yet, but looking forward to it.
If you aren't sure about the ride, I would look at one or several of the many onride videos that are out there. It should give you a good idea if you can do the ride or not.

I appreciate this spoiler, actually, because it's exactly the info I've been looking for and have had trouble finding until now.

The drop is very, very brief and is directly down, but it does involve real physical motion, not just simulated images. It lasts only a fraction of a second and is over before you realize that it's happening, so it's not like Pirates where you feel yourself going down a hill without knowing how long the feeling will last. Instead of "I am falling", the sensation is "I just fell" - I don't know if that would be better for your partner or not. The drop happens in the last segment of the ride, as the car locks into a final pod with a virtual screen - there is a visual cue that it's about to happen as you see other "pods" being released from the ship across from you on the screen.

If you have had the chance to ride the Hagrid's roller coaster at Universal, there is a similar drop on that ride - very short, over before you can acknowledge it, but still a physical movement straight down.

The drop is very, very brief and is directly down, but it does involve real physical motion, not just simulated images. It lasts only a fraction of a second and is over before you realize that it's happening, so it's not like Pirates where you feel yourself going down a hill without knowing how long the feeling will last. Instead of "I am falling", the sensation is "I just fell" - I don't know if that would be better for your partner or not. The drop happens in the last segment of the ride, as the car locks into a final pod with a virtual screen - there is a visual cue that it's about to happen as you see other "pods" being released from the ship across from you on the screen.

If you have had the chance to ride the Hagrid's roller coaster at Universal, there is a similar drop on that ride - very short, over before you can acknowledge it, but still a physical movement straight down.
Great, thank you! I'm not sure how she'll feel about that, either, but I'll run it by her. She'd definitely rather know before she goes than to be surprised either way. It's a real phobia, with real anxiety attached to it, so info is our friend. I haven't been on the Universal ride you mention (nor has she, but she doesn't do roller coasters anyway), but I think I understand the kind of movement you mean.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the great detail!

I'll do my part to quasi-hide that spoiler in the rest here..

My partner is phobic about sudden drops, and as we plan our far-in-the-future trip, we're trying to research what rides she should stay away from. When she was 11, she went on Pirates of the Caribbean, and that one small, sudden drop at the beginning was enough to give her a lifetime fear. Would you say this drop is kind of like that? Or is it part of a motion simulator, and can be "avoided" if you close your eyes?

Thanks!

No, it can’t be avoided. My 27 to old niece didn’t like it either, at the time, but that didn’t stop her from riding it again two days later. I thought it was obvious that it was about to happen; no one else in my group did, though.

Thank you all so much! I hope to get a BG and be able to experience it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter