Rise of the Resistance ECV access

I wish I could just carry a foldable chair around lol
My plan was to just sign up for a boarding group once I am in the park then leave and come back with my ecv. Or maybe I can just drive the ecv from the resort... lol

LOL I didn't know what your plan was... After seeing photos and videos of folks lining up in their cars at 4:00 am to get into the DHS parking lot, I figured you might be planning on joining their "party"! 🤣

LOL I didn't know what your plan was... After seeing photos and videos of folks lining up in their cars at 4:00 am to get into the DHS parking lot, I figured you might be planning on joining their "party"! 🤣
Yeah, I saw how early people are lining up for opening day. Day 2 seems to be having more downtime. I will have to see how the next few days go with the lines so I can figure out how early I actually need to be there. Hopefully it's not too crazy.

So I actually looked at google maps and unless I want to drive my ECV on an actual road, I can't get from my resort to HS lol
I am surprised there aren't sidewalks connecting everything.

Last edited:
Has anyone known how an ECV rider does this attraction? Can you drive it to a certain point?

I wish I could just carry a foldable chair around lol
My plan was to just sign up for a boarding group once I am in the park then leave and come back with my ecv. Or maybe I can just drive the ecv from the resort... lol
I used to take a tri fold cane that opened up into a little stool into the parks with me. at security they would always grill me and sometimes refuse to let me take in it, but I would stand firm and refer them back to their own website which allows for that kind of cane/seat, they would eventually let me in with it, but tell me not to open once inside.. the first day I didn't , but the next I needed to sit and when I opened it up the amount of cast members that said what a great seat . Im on the larger side of life.. both in height and girth so it wasn't the most comfortable.. but with my back and hips about to explode any thing was better than standing any longer.

I used to take a tri fold cane that opened up into a little stool into the parks with me. at security they would always grill me and sometimes refuse to let me take in it, but I would stand firm and refer them back to their own website which allows for that kind of cane/seat, they would eventually let me in with it, but tell me not to open once inside.. the first day I didn't , but the next I needed to sit and when I opened it up the amount of cast members that said what a great seat . Im on the larger side of life.. both in height and girth so it wasn't the most comfortable.. but with my back and hips about to explode any thing was better than standing any longer.
They should just let us taking camping chairs!

Actually, that kind of cane is allowed as a cane but not for use as as seat. CMs would be within policy to ask that it not be used as such. Folding chairs aren't allowed, and the folding cane opens into a 3-legged stool which is somewhat unstable making it unsafe in the crowds. If you need a seat, you might want to consider a rollator instead.

Enjoy your vacation!

Another thing, I hope that if you need a scooter/wheelchair all the way through the queue, the transport vehicle, the “Holding Room”, the “Interrogation Room”, up until you board the actual ride vehicles, they don’t reroute you and your party to where you miss out on any of the preshow stuff and none of the CM’s (especially the First Order ones), don’t break character when asking you about your ability to transfer to the ride.

I don’t want to miss out on any of the immersion that I’ve been seeing online and in videos.

Another thing, I hope that if you need a scooter/wheelchair all the way through the queue, the transport vehicle, the “Holding Room”, the “Interrogation Room”, up until you board the actual ride vehicles, they don’t reroute you and your party to where you miss out on any of the preshow stuff and none of the CM’s (especially the First Order ones), don’t break character when asking you about your ability to transfer to the ride.

I don’t want to miss out on any of the immersion that I’ve been seeing online and in videos.

Based on that video I linked to, and other information that is starting to pop up around the greater interwebs, it sounds like we will be able to drive all the way to the ride vehicle, and then transfer. We won't have to skip the queue; that video clearly showed the ECV rider still within the confines of the queue, and going around that tight u-turn on the other side of the lighted map, which means she was able to navigate the queue, and then roll to the pre-show and on to the ride vehicle.

I agree with you - it would be great if we can just roll up, and enjoy it like everyone else, without anyone breaking character, or making a big deal about it.

Has anyone known how an ECV rider does this attraction? Can you drive it to a certain point?

We found a video that I linked to in this post (with timestamps, so you can see what I saw) that clearly shows an ECV user deep into the queue.

Right now, we don't have anyone from here on the DISboards that has been able to report back directly on their experience.

So I actually looked at google maps and unless I want to drive my ECV on an actual road, I can't get from my resort to HS lol

Which Resort are you staying at? Totally forgot to ask!

WDW does not want people walking in heavy traffic areas. In general, tourists are a stupid lot, and would be in the road taking photos of stuff, etc.

I saw a sidewalk that goes to HS but it just randomly starts in the middle of buena vista dr south of epcot.

Are you talking about the one starts at Victory Way that goes to the EPCOT resorts and stops down by the Swan? That was done as a jogging trail, I believe. It crosses a few busy entries to that area.

There is a walking path to HS from any of the Epcot area resorts, but not any other resorts.
Many of the ‘backstage‘ areas that look like you could cross to get from place to place are actually wetland areas.
I’ve been watching videos and taking screenshots in an attempt to post some helpful things about use with wheelchair or ECV. I’ve seen some with one in the line, but not at boarding.
The disability written information and icon for the attraction is “must transfer from wheelchair or ECV to ride vehicle“. This would mean all the way to boarding.

It appears that the first ‘ride’ part of the attraction is a tram type vehicle where guests stand and wheelchairs, ECVs or other mobility devices could roll right in. The thought I had when watching the videos is an indoor Star Wars themed tram like the Orlando airport uses.

The second ride vehicle is the one guests transfer to in the boarding area. That is a not very large vehicle with rows of seats. One door totally opens to make it easier for guests who need to transfer from a mobility device. That ride vehicle has 8 seats in 2 rows.

23D3DF88-7CB7-4351-88B4-53EF1D47D983.jpeg

The pre-opening information talked about transferring from this vehicle to another vehicle for a ride up an elevator to another area and later to another for your ‘escape’.
What the videos appear to show is this vehicle driving onto an ‘elevator’ in both cases. Watching it made me think of how the ride vehicle in Tower of Terror leaves the elevator shaft after stopping on several floors, then drive a while before reentering an elevator shaft.

The pre-opening information talked about a large, fast drop, but the videos and reports I’ve read don’t look like it is part drop and part simulated speed.

Are you talking about the one starts at Victory Way that goes to the EPCOT resorts and stops down by the Swan? That was done as a jogging trail, I believe. It crosses a few busy entries to that area.

Yeah, it is near the intersection of victory way and buena vista dr. The sidewalk just stops with a tiny circle of pavement.

Maybe consider taking a rollator, or renting a Parks wheelchair then, so that you have a place to sit if needed? The outside queue looks to be pretty long, and there's no benches or sitting areas outside the building that I saw in the video.
Hi Mamabunny:) I want to thank you for all your great advice regarding my husband and ECV's. I think he would do good with a rollator, but wonder how those are handled on the buses? Do you get in the W/C line, or get on like someone with a stroller, and fold it up? Also, do you park them with the strollers if you don't need it? If you are in the long queue for RoTR and need to use it, what do you do with it when you get to the ride vehicle?
I just need to know what is expected as far as using a rollator. It never seems to be covered as to what to do with one?
Thanks again:)

Rollators are handled the same as wheelchairs. They can be brought lines/attractions without anything special. Like wheelchairs, the CM at the entrance of an attraction will let you know if there is anything special.

Hi Mamabunny:) I want to thank you for all your great advice regarding my husband and ECV's. I think he would do good with a rollator, but wonder how those are handled on the buses? Do you get in the W/C line, or get on like someone with a stroller, and fold it up?
You can choose what to do. I have seen people doing both. Once in the bus, rollators are folded and held like strollers.
Also, do you park them with the strollers if you don't need it? If you are in the long queue for RoTR and need to use it, what do you do with it when you get to the ride vehicle?
I just need to know what is expected as far as using a rollator. It never seems to be covered as to what to do with one?
Thanks again:)
If you choose to not use the rollator in line, you can park it with the strollers.
If you use it in lines, you will be handled the same as if you were using a wheelchair.
The only exception is that a wheelchair accessible ride vehicle can’t be used with a rollator, so you will need to park it.
Depending on the attraction, it may or may not be just where you left it.
If the load and unload for the attraction are in the same general area, you may be directly to walk past the load area to get on at the unload area. Little Mermaid at MK, Frozen at Epcot and the River Ride in Avatar are examples of that.
If you board at the regular load area and the load and unload area are far away, mobility devices are moved by the CMs from the load area to the unload area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter