Rise of the Resistance ECV access

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I can see from the previews there is a lot of walking involved once inside the attraction. I'm traveling with someone using an ECV who can't walk far, although she can transport to ride vehicles. Does anyone know how we'll deal with the walking segment of the ride?

We probably won't know much until someone reports back here, or we see video posted somewhere.

From the little I have seen in "previews" and "sneak peeks", it looks to me like there will be room to drive a mobility device to the ride vehicle, but that is NOT confirmed at this time (approx 8 hours prior to the ride opening)

I’m wondering the same. I wish that in the promo video for RotR, they showed someone in a mobility device going through the ”walking part” of the ride.

Last edited:
I’m wondering the sam. I wish that in the promo video for RotR, they showed someone in a mobility device going through the ”walking part” of the ride.
I saw that too.
The attraction is listed as ‘must transfer from wheelchair/ECV‘ not must be ambulatory.
So, there will be some ‘wheeled’ way to handle the walking parts. It could be using Your own mobility device in line until the first transfer to a ride vehicle then transferring to an attraction wheelchair, or it could be transferring back to your own wheelchair.

1F54E222-856D-44B2-8040-CB597796D687.jpeg

Last edited:
As of right now it ‘appears’ that mobility devices will be allowed up to the ride vehicle. That hasn’t been confirmed yet. What I have been waiting to hear about is how a wheelchair/ ECV user will work with the story of the ride. As I understand it, when you get to the ride vehicle you are supposed to be a Resistance prisoner. I’m hoping assistance with entering the transport won’t break immersion too badly.

Hopefully we’ll get a day one report on accessibility.

Tweeted Guest Relations last night and had a reply this morning. I use a rollator but on one of my bad days getting between A and B without it can be interesting for me. This is the reply I got:

Going to be interesting to see how this works though.

There’s also some concern since reports over on the other threads are saying an hour to get on the ride. I use DAS because there are things in the line that can trigger my migraines. I’m thinking theres going to be some early headaches about working the DAS with this queue system.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they will even give out return times for RoTR for those with DAS? I assume youd need a boarding pass first or no? I am thinking the hour plus wait will unfortunately be too much for ds even with the boarding time.

Does anyone know if they will even give out return times for RoTR for those with DAS? I assume youd need a boarding pass first or no? I am thinking the hour plus wait will unfortunately be too much for ds even with the boarding time.

I asked guest services on Twitter but haven’t got a reply back yet on how DAS and the Boarding Queues will work. Will post back when I get an answer.

I’m assuming like you we get a boarding pass first. After that is where the question lies.

Thanks Dina444444. That looks perfect for me. I'm a T6 complete paraplegic who uses his own wheelchair full time and can make reasonable transfers. I was worried about the width of the openings but seeing that swing away door makes it look like I can do this fairly easily. Plus brining my own chair into the ride and up the the vehicle means I'll be fine. Thanks!

We watched a POV video tonight, and did see an ECV user go all the way through the queue, so I think it will be possible. Having said that, I don't know - because we couldn't see what brand/type of device she was driving - whether on not that will apply to (for example) Parks rented EVCs or certain larger models.

But, it was encouraging. I hate it when I have to have someone push me, and can't use my own personal device.

We watched a POV video tonight, and did see an ECV user go all the way through the queue, so I think it will be possible. Having said that, I don't know - because we couldn't see what brand/type of device she was driving - whether on not that will apply to (for example) Parks rented EVCs or certain larger models.

But, it was encouraging. I hate it when I have to have someone push me, and can't use my own personal device.

Do you remember if it looked like a vic10 or something?

Last edited:
Do you remember the link?

My daughter put it up on the Apple TV, so hang on, have to ask her which one of the eleventy million videos it was...

...and here it is!

Look for a cameo by our old friend The Backside of Water at about 00:46! 🤣

You will see the ECV rider twice, starting at about 01:58 where she turns a corner in the queue ahead of us, and again at 02:03 (look *through* the map that acts as a queue divider). It's certainly before the Preshow, but deep into the queue.

One thing that was *very* striking to me was what appeared to be numerous lengths of "rockwork" throughout the queue that could be used a benches... 🤔 We also noticed a couple of trash cans, and towards the end of the queue, just before the Preshow there was a water fountain!

I am going to try and ride this next Saturday. Based on how early people are lining up, I think I need to abandon the ECV so I can easily uber / lyft there. I can then get my boarding group and come back and pickup my ECV when shuttles are running.

Last edited:
My daughter put it up on the Apple TV, so hang on, have to ask her which one of the eleventy million videos it was...

...and here it is!

Look for a cameo by our old friend The Backside of Water at about 00:46! 🤣

You will see the ECV rider twice, starting at about 01:58 where she turns a corner in the queue ahead of us, and again at 02:03 (look *through* the map that acts as a queue divider). It's certainly before the Preshow, but deep into the queue.

One thing that was *very* striking to me was what appeared to be numerous lengths of "rockwork" throughout the queue that could be used a benches... 🤔 We also noticed a couple of trash cans, and towards the end of the queue, just before the Preshow there was a water fountain!

Yeah, that looks like it’s either a Vic10 or a Maxima.

And I did notice the bench cutouts too, but I don’t think those’ll help much if you’re a person with limited mobility who would need to sit for a while before you’re ready to move again. Tenfold if you’re with a group of people who are chomping at the bit to get on the ride.

I am going to try and ride this next Saturday. Based on how early people are lining up, I think I need to abandon the ECV so I can easily uber / lyft there. I can then get my boarding group and come back and pickup my ECV when shuttles are running.

Maybe consider taking a rollator, or renting a Parks wheelchair then, so that you have a place to sit if needed? The outside queue looks to be pretty long, and there's no benches or sitting areas outside the building that I saw in the video.

Maybe consider taking a rollator, or renting a Parks wheelchair then, so that you have a place to sit if needed? The outside queue looks to be pretty long, and there's no benches or sitting areas outside the building that I saw in the video.
I wish I could just carry a foldable chair around lol
My plan was to just sign up for a boarding group once I am in the park then leave and come back with my ecv. Or maybe I can just drive the ecv from the resort... lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter