Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing from home (well, work...) this morning, and I got the backup notification at 9:01, for what it's worth.

Also, over the weekend, I had issues getting the boarding group button to come on while I was on my home WiFi network, but zero issues here at work on the Verizon network. Weird. Guess I know what I'll be using when I visit in a couple weeks!

A little late but wanted to share our experience from last Wednesday. In line just before 7:30, made it through the gates at about 7:50, walked down main street and found a random empty spot near the photo shop. All three of us in our party closed out of all apps. We used the second hand on the clock and when it got down to 10 seconds we pulled the app up and secured boarding group 24. It was slightly stressful but exciting also. We were called around 11:30ish. We all have Iphone X running on TMobile. We didn't bother attempting the other days we were in the parks.

I should've bookmarked so sorry for the ask again. Top 3-5 spots for great cell reception, full bars and ping to get a BG?

I'm hearing Train Station (steps?), IASW, Mad Hatters and Submarines...others within DL?

AT&T network:

I was getting speeds around 85mbps outside the Starbucks near World of Disney on the AT&T network. We arrived early enough to wander around checking speeds and I never saw anything above 20mbps inside DL park. The second fastest was between the ticket booths on the DtD side...was getting 60mbps there. Starbucks WiFi was only around 35mbps and my son's phone connected to that was slow once I clicked find out more on the app.

My advice is LEAVE and go to Starbucks/World of Disney area.

I should've bookmarked so sorry for the ask again. Top 3-5 spots for great cell reception, full bars and ping to get a BG?

I'm hearing Train Station (steps?), IASW, Mad Hatters and Submarines...others within DL?
We got BGs in the top 10 on 3 successive days. On the first two days we were in front of the train, just to the right (as you look at it) of the floral Mickey at the entrance. On the third day, which was a MM, we were over by Alien Pizza Planet. We were in the seating area between Launch Bay and APP.

I am on VZW.

AT&T network:

I was getting speeds around 85mbps outside the Starbucks near World of Disney on the AT&T network. We arrived early enough to wander around checking speeds and I never saw anything above 20mbps inside DL park. The second fastest was between the ticket booths on the DtD side...was getting 60mbps there. Starbucks WiFi was only around 35mbps and my son's phone connected to that was slow once I clicked find out more on the app.

My advice is LEAVE and go to Starbucks/World of Disney area.
Did you ride yet? How long was the wait?

I also wanted to share some things I did on our actual phones. I turned on "high performance mode," turned off location services, bluetooth, and wifi (on mine). Did a system clean and cleared out old files and cache in storage settings. Restarted the phone. Launched the app at 7:58 and was ready to hit Find Out More, which I did precisely one second AFTER my phone clock hit 9:00.

Samsung Galaxy S10

Sorry if this has been covered.

Can I enter DCA during EMH and try to get a boarding pass while inside DCA when DL opens, or do I have to head over to DL to try my luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter