Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
New strategy... This is based off of my 10 visits to Disneyland and seems to work best for getting an early return time.

- Only have the tickets you are using for the day. Always test the app before park opening by trying to book a FP. This allows you to see which tickets are available on that day.

- I close the Disneyland App a few minutes before park opening time.

- The park opens 5 minutes early so I walk over to the Pixie Hollow area and Turn off WiFi use LTE

- Open the Clock App with the seconds being shown.

- Once the Clock app shows 5 second until park opening I open the Disneyland App, click the castle image to skip the firework animation hit Find out More, then Join Boarding Group.

- The past three times I tried this I got 15, 12, and 8 Boarding Group.

ME

Now this looks like the plan to follow. What's your cell carrier? Is Pixie Hollow some kind of hot spot with good service or is that just where you get sent up as the ropes are dropping?

New strategy... This is based off of my 10 visits to Disneyland and seems to work best for getting an early return time.

- Only have the tickets you are using for the day. Always test the app before park opening by trying to book a FP. This allows you to see which tickets are available on that day.

- The park opens 5 minutes early so I walk over to the Pixie Hollow area and Turn off WiFi use LTE

- Once the Clock app shows 5 second until park opening I open the Disneyland App, click the castle image to skip the firework animation hit Find out More, then Join Boarding Group.

ME
wait, you can skip the fireworks animation? awesome haha

If it was me - and it will be in a few weeks - I would hit security at 7AM at the latest. 6:45AM would be better.

:wizard:
Thank you so much! I will definitely aim to be there between 645 - 7. I'm stressed out already and I still have a week to go! 🤣🤣🤣

ME

Ok...weird. I just tried this and when I tapped on the castle, I was taken directly to the Rise of the Resistance screen showing the boarding group status (past find out more landing page).

I will note that on Android this is wonky and doesn't always pop up with that notification. Sometimes the only way I know from play at home it's a backup BG is the actual text on the app saying "all passes have been distributed today...etc etc."
I've noticed that I don't get the pop-up until about 10 or 15 minutes into distribution. I assume that this is by design, so that in the thick of getting a BG, you don't have to click an extra time, but if the backups last for a while, the pop-up comes up to let you know what's what.

Now this looks like the plan to follow. What's your cell carrier? Is Pixie Hollow some kind of hot spot with good service or is that just where you get sent up as the ropes are dropping?

I use Google Fi (they use Sprint, U.S. Cellular or T-Mobile whatever gives the best signal), I just looked for a semi empty and open spot with full bars being shown.

ME

Ok...weird. I just tried this and when I tapped on the castle, I was taken directly to the Rise of the Resistance screen showing the boarding group status (past find out more landing page).

Yeah that is new. Didn't see that happen yesterday. I still had to click Find out More.

ME

We tried Pixie Hollow first with Verizon and got super bad speed. Then went on to Red Rose Tavern and we blazing fast
Make sure your not near Pixie Hollow but on that path/parade route between Pixie Hollow and the Castle. Somewhat near the Churro Cart.

If I went closer in towards the Matterhorn I lost most of my signal strength.

Btw I also tried the enter then exit to the esplanade strategy I got the worst BG number 121.

Then I saw this video today about getting Group 1
BTW DO NOT watch full video as they show the entire Rise of the Resistance ride.

Last edited:

I tried it and ended up on that same screen. So I tried it again but tapped the castle higher up and was taken to the map that shows wait times. I think it might just be where you tap?

Make sure your not near Pixie Hollow but on that path/parade route between Pixie Hollow and the Castle. Somewhat near the Churro Cart.

If I went closer in towards the Matterhorn I lost most of my signal strength.

Btw I also tried the enter then exit to the esplanade strategy I got the worst BG number 121.

Then I saw this video today about getting Group 1
BTW DO NOT watch full video as they show the entire Rise of the Resistance ride.
In case anyone doesn’t care to click, they get the physical passes from the Splash kiosks. However, they show people running/jogging to get back there (which is supposed to be a no-no)... but it definitely looks less crazy than other videos I’ve seen of people trying to get back there - then again, everything seemed pretty empty in general? So I’m not sure if this is viable every day, but could be worth a shot.

I’m dubious because it seems like it’d be easy to be there on a day where 50 people try this and people run and it doesn’t work, or where you’re 30 people back at the rope to begin with...
Maybe I’ll send my husband back with our tickets on Sunday and have him report back on how this goes on a weekend. He likes to hustle.

(OT, but he has the BEST luck - my friend and I spent over two hours in Ticketmaster online queues trying and failing to get concert tickets today, and he hopped in right as they added a third show and grabbed GA with about 12 minutes of effort. Hopefully that luck + his birthday vibes will get him onto ROTR on Sunday!)

I need to see a visual of each screen. I know this link has been posted, but I can’t find it. I’m still trying to figure out where I went wrong. I got to the screen that told me to pick the group and all 3 were already selected (purchased on phone), but I could not figure out what to do next! I didn’t seem to have any options. I missed something. 😞

Do you still need to be at the park super early to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance?

I need to see a visual of each screen. I know this link has been posted, but I can’t find it. I’m still trying to figure out where I went wrong. I got to the screen that told me to pick the group and all 3 were already selected (purchased on phone), but I could not figure out what to do next! I didn’t seem to have any options. I missed something. 😞
On the bottom of that screen is a blue button that says "Join Boarding Group" You have to tap that to get your group assigned to you. Depending on the size of your party, you might have to scroll down to see it.

Yes, be there well before opening to make it through security and the entrance gates before the park opens. Regular Boarding Groups seem to still be going in about the first minute or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!