Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the back up groups -- are you given 1 or 2 hours to return back to ride? Yesterday there were varying reports of 1-3 hours instead of the standard 2 hours

I’ll be back with my stats, but we were backup group 92 today and had 2 hours.

Yes, BUT......if you get there “super early”, you will get a boarding group and will get to ride the ride. It’s not a lottery, it’s a matter of “first come, first served”, at least if the WDW is a good model.

The VQ is better than waiting in line for 10 hours for a ride that may go down. It’s not an 100% absolute guarantee, but it’s pretty good. If you get there at park opening, you will be able to ride in most cases.
This is not true at all...

Plenty of people were there at park opening without being able to ride, both yesterday and today.

Again, not complaining, but this isn’t accurate.

Yes, BUT......if you get there “super early”, you will get a boarding group and will get to ride the ride. It’s not a lottery, it’s a matter of “first come, first served”, at least if the WDW is a good model.

If only! That’s not how it works at all unfortunately. I still much prefer this to a standby line (and in fact answered as much in a survey question from Disney many months ago). My child could not wait in a 2-, 3- or 4-hour line. So at least this way we have a chance to try.

This is how I feel. Heck, I went to the park yesterday and didn't even attempt to be there before opening. I got there at 8:40 and had a great day with my son, not doing anything Star wars related at all.

I don't feel that anything is unfair or doesn't suit my touring style. TBH, I don't really HAVE a "touring style." We go at all different times and days, spend anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours in the parks. There's no set way we do things.

HOWEVER, I have one child who is very into Star Wars. He is also autistic and trying to explain this BG system to him is just not computing in his brain. He doesn't understand why the ride is open, but I can't tell him that we will be able to ride or not. I think about all the excited kids out there whose parents will have to explain this lottery system and take a kid to the park super early, and then maybe not even get a BG that day, or the next time they try, or the next.

There has to be a better way, is all I'm saying, and I don't expect that people will be happy to just "keep trying" day after day with no reasonable guarantee that they will ever get a chance to ride. At some point, the aggravation. and uncertainty is going to turn into anger.

I also find it a bit disingenuous how heavily this ride is being advertised locally on television and radio, without a caveat about how difficult it is to actually get to ride it.

So try for a boarding group, but don't tell your Star Wars kid that's what you're doing. Tell him that there's an entirely different plan for the day. And then if you DO luck out and get a boarding group, THEN tell him. And, of course, go to the DAS kiosk in Galaxy's Edge so you can also get a DAS return time along with your boarding group.

This is what I've noticed too between WDW and DLR -- our crowded is very different from their crowded. We were at WDW over xmas during the busiest times of the year.....yet it felt very much like a typical summer day at DLR. The only times it felt crowded a la DLR was 12/26th between PP and Small World. That felt like DLR :)

Same for ROTR. when we went, on Sat 12/28 - 6AM drop was crowded, but it was nothing like what I saw on instagram of yesterday and today at DLR --- and consistent with the regular groups gone in a minute.

It's gotten more sane over in WDW with it lasting a few minutes so even individual technical snafu will mostly be accommodated over a few minutes. 60 secs? it's a lottery, but as best as it can be...at least it's not at 6AM and in the rain.

Finally home after a very long day. We had boarding group 84 which was a back up group. We were called at 4:40. Got in the line around 4:55. Asked about also using DAS and they told us we would need to get a return time still so we went through the regular line. Line was about 30-40 minutes and moved the whole time. Was not bad at all. And we loved the ride and were truly amazed by it all!!!

oh and I had asked about the wheelchair rental opening time andI had asked the cast member when I got one this am and was told that they opened at 4 am.

Is the ride currently down? I wouldn’t count it out until we get to 10pm.
Same. It's weird to close at 8PM and consistent with a shutdown -- but since it's already BG112, they may call it too -- so hard to tell what the operators maybe thinking with 4 hours of park left on Day 2.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but in Anaheim you only have One Hour after your group is called, not Two, like it is in Orlando.
We had a two hour return window today for group 41. But later in the evening, as I've been watching, there are fewer groups in the range, inferring shorter return window. In fact, last I checked, they were boarding only group 112 (just one group rather than a rang). Guess those folks are expected to be standing at the attraction ready-to-go and waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter