• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have some BLESSED days at the park if 10 minutes for Incredicoaster, 65 minutes for RSR, and 40 minutes for Indiana Jones look “pretty normal” for mid-afternoon! 😂

Wait times are way low. Like. Waaaaay low.

Also just saw a friend whose IG stories are panning around the “light crowds” and showing her daughter running around a largely deserted Adventureland.
This isn't August Saturday either though. So these numbers mid-week during school look quite normal for what I'm used to seeing on the App at least.
Matterhorn 45; Space 60-90; Thunder Mt 45; Indy 55; SR 45 -- that's all middling.

For DCA: (more locals park forever)
Incredicoaster at 10 is often until busier months/days cause of it's high capacity runs
I use Mater currently 20min as my litmus test as that tends to climb from 10-15 (ghost town) to 20-30 (average) to 40+ (yep; it's packed)

Anyone think they take it down on purpose? It's always the same time of day (roughly).
I doubt it. I just think the ride is not capable of running properly for more than a certain # of hours before the system "crashes." I'm not sure, but I don't think they have been able to get more than around 6 hours consecutive up time since it opened last month.

This article is warning people against having the entire group attempt to get a boarding group because it might cause glitches. This seems to be against the other recommendations I have seen, at least for WDW. Is this true? Or a DL v WDW thing? Or is the author possibly attributing glitches from other sources to a group attempt? Something else?

https://www.sfgate.com/sf-culture/article/star-wars-ride-boarding-group-pass-wait-line-15044867.php

Love it when this sort of misinformation spreads so my chances get increased. 😈

It seems disingenuous to me. Seems like a statement of "Due to high demand, boarding groups distribution may conclude shortly after park open. Plan accordingly" would be in order. They make it sound like you can waltz in and grab a BG mid day.

The worst part is that they say you MAY need to join a virtual queue at times, as though it's not in use right now. They KNOW it's in use daily.

Change the language:

"Guests are required to join a virtual queue, on a first come, first served basis. Virtual queue subject to daily capacity limits."

The worst part is that they say you MAY need to join a virtual queue at times, as though it's not in use right now. They KNOW it's in use daily.

Change the language:

"Guests are required to join a virtual queue, on a first come, first served basis. Virtual queue subject to daily capacity limits."
I have not seen the ads, but would point out that your message applies to how things work today. Disney is not necessarily advertising just for today. They are also advertising for the future. A future where BGs may not even exist.

If Disney knew for certain that BGs, and only BGs, would go on indefinitely, then I agree with your message, or at least the spirit of your message. But they may be considering an alternate partial BG and partial standby approach at some point in the near future. Or good old FP/MP. Then your message would no longer be accurate. People do not necessarily see an ad then jump on a plane (or their car if locals) to DLR the next day. Most would be more likely to see an ad, decide they want to visit, then plan a time in the coming months or year. By that time the BG process may very well change.

I would therefore adjust your message as follows:

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue, on a first come, first served basis. Virtual queue subject to daily capacity limits."

I don't know how else for Disney to say it. It tells people about BGs. But it does not say that is the only process for a long, indefinite future.

:wizard:

Last edited:
This may be correct. Or it may be more related to guest misbehavior. At least some of the down times have been because someone dropped their phone on

I have not seen the ads, but would point out that your message applies to how things work today. Disney is not necessarily advertising just for today. They are also advertising for the future. A future where BGs may not even exist.

If Disney knew for certain that BGs, and only BGs, would go on indefinitely, then I agree with your message, or at least the spirit of your message. But they may be considering an alternate partial BG and partial standby approach at some point in the near future. Or good old FP/MP. Then your message would no longer be accurate. People do not necessarily see an ad then jump on a plane (or their car if locals) to DLR the next day. Most would be more likely to see an ad, decide they want to visit, then plan a time in the coming months or year. By that time the BG process may very well change.

I would therefore adjust your message as follows:

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue, on a first come, first served basis. Virtual queue subject to daily capacity limits."

I don't know how else for Disney to say it. It tells people about BGs. But it does not say that is the only process for a long, indefinite future.

:wizard:

They can very easily alter the language in ads as things change. It's done all the time.

I prefer

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue beginning at park open. If the virtual queue is utilized, your position in the virtual queue will be determined by your ability to research the process, operate technology, the prevailing wind, and a little bit of dumb luck."

Or, for better entertainment value

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue beginning at park open. Your position in the virtual queue will be determined by your sad devotion to that ancient religion and having clairvoyance enough to locate stolen data tapes. Your ability to destroy planets will not be taken into consideration. Be careful not to choke on your aspirations."

Or,

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue by engaging in technological combat with other guests."

Recapping my brother’s experience this morning:

-They were staying at DLH so entered for EMH.
- Before 9, they went to the Train Station where about a hundred others were gathered.
- I, in San Diego, also prepped for ‘assisting’ them.
- Brother using iPhone 8, Verizon, data not WiFi, got through first and secured BG 87!
- I never got the red Join Boarding Group until after he had booked. ATT 5G iPhone 8 which worked well at WDW the day after Christmas for BG 35. Kinda dejecting not to be able to get through.

Anyway, assured him without RotR downtime he was looking at 4pm-ish. His BG was called at 5:07 after the hour-long downtime. They were amazed at the RotR experience!

They can very easily alter the language in ads as things change. It's done all the time.
It sure is. Simple text overlays and or voice overlays would cost near 0 to produce.

I also feel Disney knows this not going to suddenly fix itself to the point we wake up one day and bam, no need for vc.

Also I urge you to watch the ad. Imo they are certainly produced to hype the short term get in your car and check this out now crowd. Again, imo.

It sure is. Simple text overlays and or voice overlays would cost near 0 to produce.

I also feel Disney knows this not going to suddenly fix itself to the point we wake up one day and bam, no need for vc.

Also I urge you to watch the ad. Imo they are certainly produced to hype the short term get in your car and check this out now crowd. Again, imo.

They know what they are doing. It's just shady. If they put disclaimers in the ad, it would scare people away from coming. They know this. This is why they are absent from the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter