Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went back to the park today. Previous day's I had BG 71, 55, 21, 27... and today 116.

Tested the esplanade area. No wifi.
App opened before park opening and got the constant loading screens.

Word is getting out how early you have to be in the park. Mickey and Friends was a nightmare at 7am. Pixar Pal entrance was not open until after 710am.

Was able to park by 730am as the far right parking lane worked.

Didn't bring a bag. Went to Downtown Disney security. Packed and went to Disneyland Hotel security not as bad and they opened up a no bag check lane. Got thru by 740am.

Walked through Downtown Disney and got in the planter trick line on the left side. Line started near the center of the esplanade. Got through that and entered the park by 755am.

Exited the park by esplanade and got stuck with the loading screen but got 116.

ME

Went back to the park today. Previous day's I had BG 71, 55, 21, 27... and today 116.

Tested the esplanade area. No wifi.
App opened before park opening and got the constant loading screens.

Word is getting out how early you have to be in the park. Mickey and Friends was a nightmare at 7am. Pixar Pal entrance was not open until after 710am.

Was able to park by 730am as the far right parking lane worked.

Didn't bring a bag. Went to Downtown Disney security. Packed and went to Disneyland Hotel security not as bad and they opened up a no bag check lane. Got thru by 740am.

Walked through Downtown Disney and got in the planter trick line on the left side. Line started near the center of the esplanade. Got through that and entered the park by 755am.

Exited the park by esplanade and got stuck with the loading screen but got 116.

ME
Very helpful info here for a future visit. It did seem very busy this morning for non MM guests.

I too had no WiFi & poor connection in the esplanade.

all i can say to that is, OMG!!! i haven't been following ROTR opening at disneyland....just that article showed up in my email today so i read it..
how do those speeds of time to full Boarding Groups compare to what happened at WDW with ROTR opened?

Much faster. But when WDW opened no one knew it was a must-do attraction yet. They also initially weren’t separating out backups. After a couple weeks it got much crazier, particularly with the holidays.

I anticipate DL will remain crazier than DHS for the foreseeable future. It opens later, there’s hundreds of thousands of AP holders who can go whenever, DL has roughly 2x the daily attendance of DHS, and it’s easier to park hop and people aren’t usually there for a week so ROTR is everyone’s #1 every single day.

We left our room in VGC around 7:15, got through security and to front gate of DL by 7:25ish (security line at the DTD entrance from GCH was very very long but moved quickly). Got in an EMH line and was in the park by 7:35.

Went to the train station platform as we did yesterday, turned off wifi, hard reset phone, closed app etc.

Once again, my button never turned red. Husbands did after an excruciating delay but we got BG 65, good enough for us to stay.

Our plan is to chill this morning, check out of the Grand, keep our lunch reservation and wander into DL after lunch. If Rise looks promising for an early afternoon ride, we’ll experience it and head home after.

Lucky trip for us so far. Even if we don’t get to ride today, we’ll be pretty satisfied.

Much faster. But when WDW opened no one knew it was a must-do attraction yet. They also initially weren’t separating out backups. After a couple weeks it got much crazier, particularly with the holidays.

I anticipate DL will remain crazier than DHS for the foreseeable future. It opens later, there’s hundreds of thousands of AP holders who can go whenever, DL has roughly 2x the daily attendance of DHS, and it’s easier to park hop and people aren’t usually there for a week so ROTR is everyone’s #1 every single day.

thanks! i was wondering about relative attendance.....
so i guess we should expect the same thing when we go to DL in october...

well, if we don't succeed in getting in, we have a second chance when we go to WDW in 2021.... :oops:

Question: is it possible to get a BG by clicking on the “My Status” button? Might that be a work around for people whose “Join Boarding Group” button isn’t turning red?

I tried to play along from home, and it looked like that might be the case, but I’m looking for confirmation.

Question: is it possible to get a BG by clicking on the “My Status” button? Might that be a work around for people whose “Join Boarding Group” button isn’t turning red?

I tried to play along from home, and it looked like that might be the case, but I’m looking for confirmation.
Yes as that’s how I’ve been successful yesterday and today. If no active BG button on the first screen I hit My Status and see it there to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter