Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've been reading along for a couple of weeks. We are heading to Disneyland next Tuesday. When we booked we had no idea this ride would be opening (last minute booking). All disney hotels were booked (I had wondered why, now I know). So we will not have early access. But I believe Magic Kingdom does not have early access available on Wednesdays, so I think we may have a chance to get a boarding group on that day.

Yesterday I read that some folks were "playing along" at home to practice. I tried this morning to do that, but the "join boarding group" button was always greyed out. Was I correct that the button should be available at the 8:00 am pacific time on Tuesdays? And 9am pacific on Weds?

Thanks for the info everyone is sharing.
Maybe hotels booked for the Disney After Dark 80s Night event at DL on 1/29?

Will you have park hoppers? You just have to be scanned into DL prior to regular open to try for a boarding group. The magic morning folks shouldn’t (in theory) have any advantage over you since it’s in effect a lottery. Just make sure you head over to DL well before park opening. Like an hour at least (maybe 90 minutes if you’re driving in and parking).

You also cannot underestimate the time it takes to park hop at WDW tied with not knowing when your boarding group will be called. I would not risk heading to AK and trying to make it back over and into the parks before my 2 hours were up. Maybe if I had my own car?
I would be ok with it if I was willing to pay for a rideshare/Minnie Van between those two parks.

My main question right now is will Disneyland stop calling boarding numbers at 7 since they like to close early for maintenance?
I seriously doubt it will go down that early. They stop at 9 because the ride needs to go down at 10p to get all the maintenance and patches done by morning. It will speed up eventually. But if the park closes at 9, I suspect they will just make sure no one joins after 845 or so to make it.

Looks like Disneylands version broke down. Its stuck on 86 DHS seems to be done for the day they called 108 groups. Not bad for a 7 hour delay.

Thank you! I hadn’t realized the early entry folks didn’t have a significant advantage.

Maybe hotels booked for the Disney After Dark 80s Night event at DL on 1/29?

Will you have park hoppers? You just have to be scanned into DL prior to regular open to try for a boarding group. The magic morning folks shouldn’t (in theory) have any advantage over you since it’s in effect a lottery. Just make sure you head over to DL well before park opening. Like an hour at least (maybe 90 minutes if you’re driving in and parking).

I seriously doubt it will go down that early. They stop at 9 because the ride needs to go down at 10p to get all the maintenance and patches done by morning. It will speed up eventually. But if the park closes at 9, I suspect they will just make sure no one joins after 845 or so to make it.
Is there an article or blog about this? Haven't heard about the innerworkings of this process. The common thought was closing 2 hours because BGs are given 2 hours to report back.

I just wonder if they will keep up with the 10-15 min early gate opening.
I'm guessing they will keep opening gates early as long as the boarding group process stays the way it is. That way everybody can be scanned in and able to try for a BG as soon as they are available. Otherwise people would start showing up in the esplanade at 4am everyday like they were at DHS, and I don't think Disney wants that.

Plus, not opening turnstiles until BG's are available has the potential for some pretty angry guests. People are already upset when they don't get a BG, but can you imagine how upset they would be if the reason they didn't get one was because the guests in front of them were taking too long having their picture taken etc.?

Well the 2 hour report back theory is out the window. Up to BG 102 and keeps going. :)
Interested to know if the people called now get 2 hours or not on their reminder

How do they accomplish this? Are there less people in boarding groups in DHS or do they have a better system?
The attractions are essentially identical. However, there are learning curves in play, as well as efficiencies that may take time to get optimized.

If you want to pop over to the spoiler thread, we're talking a bit about capacity. It's hard to do so without spoiling certain aspects of the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter