Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched any videos either. I have two friends who work as CMs on ROTR and they highly recommended NOT to watch any video and experience it for yourself first. So I am holding out! LOL. It's hard though because I have major FOMO! :rotfl2:Best of luck to you this weekend!
I have stayed away from any videos or descriptions too. Reading ALL the tips and tricks and hoping things work out for us either Friday or Saturday this week! :)

Amy thought to bring more likely to get an early-ish boarding group if there's only 1 person? I'll be there next Tuesday, and it's just me.

Just laughing at the concept of 5 mins before they sell out being a great thing. HAH! Anyway... I just really hope I get to ride at least once this Sat-Mon. Trying to temper my expectations. I haven't watched ANY ride thru vids and have been trying to avoid spoilers. This will be my first visit since SWGE opened, so I still can enjoy MF:SR and Oga's (since that one's now way easier to get a reservation for). I just really wanna do RISE!

Me, too. I think those of us that frequent these boards for strategies are feeling the same stress knowing we can do all of this planning, and possibly hit a glitch and not get to ride. I have only done hard ticket parties at DCA over the last year and haven't been to DL itself in 18 months and so I am excited to get back there either way. And hopefully we do get to ride at least one of our days!

Only thing I know is the little bit I saw in the last episode of The Imagineering Story.
DH and I were watching that too and as soon as we thought they might show something, we turned it off! LOL.

I have stayed away from any videos or descriptions too. Reading ALL the tips and tricks and hoping things work out for us either Friday or Saturday this week! :)
Good luck!

We played along from work today. Four of my coworkers and I will be there on Feb 1-5. We had three different carriers and three different phones to try today. Two of us were easily in to get a boarding group. Interesting enough our Verizon phone had low bars and struggled to get in, when it did it went to backups only. Of course, this will all play out differently when we are there, but I am going to force encourage them all practice every day next week in prep.

This morning's exercise made me feel a little better about timing. In my head, one minute seems so dang fast, but in reality, if my app is up and working I had time to go in, back out and go back in a few times. I just wonder if they will keep up with the 10-15 min early gate opening. I am trying to remember our trip last February and how early gates were opened. Of course, my brain doesn't retain information like that anymore. I feel like there were days they were not open all that early, but maybe I'm making that up.

This is getting OT so I won’t dwell on it too much, but Emily brings a lot of business to Disney. If they “magic” her onto a ride (which apparently isn’t even what happened), I really don’t have a problem with it. (Also, she brought her son opening day and they didn’t get to ride - yesterday was her second day trying with him and failing.)

I do understand how people get frustrated and emotions are running high, but attacking a mom online because her five-year-old got to experience a new ride gets ALLLL the eye rolls from me.
This is getting OT so I won’t dwell on it too much, but Emily brings a lot of business to Disney. If they “magic” her onto a ride (which apparently isn’t even what happened), I really don’t have a problem with it. (Also, she brought her son opening day and they didn’t get to ride - yesterday was her second day trying with him and failing.)

I do understand how people get frustrated and emotions are running high, but attacking a mom online because her five-year-old got to experience a new ride gets ALLLL the eye rolls from me.

Oh 100% not okay to attack someone online. I do not ever think that is okay. And I love MKM and following her.

You also cannot underestimate the time it takes to park hop at WDW tied with not knowing when your boarding group will be called. I would not risk heading to AK and trying to make it back over and into the parks before my 2 hours were up. Maybe if I had my own car?
Oh I agree - park hopping at WDW is a big hairy deal. I generally allocate 1 hour minimum with my own car even. Epcot to HS is probably the shortest and that is still way more complicated than DL/DCA

As WDW vets, we treat DL/DCA as one park actually. Gaurdians to say Space Mountain is a hike but not unreasonable - bigger hikes in AK or Epcot

Amy thought to bring more likely to get an early-ish boarding group if there's only 1 person? I'll be there next Tuesday, and it's just me.
I used to moderate on the WDW side of the forums so I read every RotR BG post. It seemed like single riders were successful in joining fairly low-numbered BGs.

From your user standpoint:
Make sure your phone and your DL app are running the latest updates.
Delete any extra people from your DL app.
Close out all windows running in the background on your phone.

In the park, go to a location where you have great cell reception.
You can check the app once you get to the location but then close it until you decide you need to open it...a few seconds before park opening or exactly at park open.

Be aware that even with doing this, a BG system glitch is always a possibility. Stay calm and best of luck to you! I did all these steps and even with a BG system glitch, we joined a fairly early BG. 😊

Out in : 60 to 90 sec -- that's a 50% improvement ;)
-What's impressive is WDW started later and rocking it at BG50 vs 38 for DLR.
--so throughput capacity really makes an significant impact as we get through the shakedown period. Shakedown hopefully wont be like IJA....some 25 years later still having downtimes on our beloved ride.

Out in : 60 to 90 sec -- that's a 50% improvement ;)
-What's impressive is WDW started later and rocking it at BG50 vs 38 for DLR.
--so throughput capacity really makes an significant impact as we get through the shakedown period. Shakedown hopefully wont be like IJA....some 25 years later still having downtimes on our beloved ride.
DHS started with group 15 vs Disneyland’s group 1 but through put will make a difference.

I experienced the virtual boarding pass process yesterday, MLK Jr. Day. We left our house at 7:15am (later than planned...toddler mom life!) and arrived at the parking structures at 7:30. Before going through security, I was convinced we would be late, but we exited the tram at 7:53. We entered the park at 7:58. My mom had the SoCal resident ticket and they did NOT take her photo, but did ask for proof of residency, which slowed things down. She has bought this ticket for several years now, and never had a CM actually check at the entrance, since they verify online or at the ticket booth, but I digress. I showed it on my phone, and the CM insisted on seeing my mom's DL - so anyone using these tickets, just be prepared. They did take her photo later in the day, when we hopped over to DCA.

We entered the park at 7:58 and there were hundreds of people milling around the flower beds. I had the app open and we began moving away from the clusters of people. Refreshed the app at 8, my phone was a bit slow, and we got group 44. As others have said, the cheers erupting up and down Main Street was quite the experience. Unfortunately, I saw a number of people in tears, too. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 on AT&T.

Seems things ran smoothly yesterday until group 42, when we experienced a lag in any more groups opening up to board for a couple hours. We got on about 2pm.

Once we arrived, we did ask to do the rider swap, which they made a big deal of setting up, but given I returned well in time to experience it and then "swap" with my mom, she just used her normal boarding pass to experience the attraction. We had zero wait to experience it once our group was called.

Last edited:
I maintain my 'conspiracy' theory is they are special people riding at that time. ;)

I wonder if they’re just cycling/testing the attraction during those boarding groups. Is there any correlation to the time it opens to guests and what number they start with?

No update overnight may result in starting with a low boarding number and early opening time to guests?

I did forget in all my angst over being held captive in the line for almost 3 hours Saturday: We had an Oga's reservation at 3pm that day. Once we were freed from the line around 1pm, we were starving (having entered at 10:20am!), so we ate lunch and used a FP for Toy Story and then the ride looked like it was back up and running pretty decently (which I based off of a steady increase in the BG number). It was nearly 3, and I really wanted to try to ride again at that time with our FP from the earlier mess, as I knew the ride might go down more as the day went on, and that the line would be longer later in the day (based on how they were stacking the line later in the day at WDW, trying to get through all the regular BGs so as not to have to do any guest recovery). We went to Oga's and checked in (I tried to modify my reservation on my phone to a later time or the next day, but it said I had to call). I explained what had happened to the CM, and she said she would put it in a "hold" status, and that we could come back anytime later that day and get into Oga's. It was very nice. We thankfully rode the ride without an issue around 3pm, and went back to Oga's at 4pm and got in within 5 minutes. So it does seem they are very understanding if your BG overlaps with your reservation.

I wonder if they’re just cycling/testing the attraction during those boarding groups. Is there any correlation to the time it opens to guests and what number they start with?
Can't speak for WDW, but this weekend, it seemed like the higher BG mornings started late, so it wouldn't be out of the question that they were actually being run. Whether they were test cycles, CMs, or "special guests" is anybody's guess. :D

Now boarding groups 37-60!

That's a large range of groups at one time. Things must be running well.

Now boarding groups 37-60!

That's a large range of groups at one time. Things must be running well.
It's always nice to see a wider spread -- meaning chugging away in getting people in, but two hour notice hasn't lapsed for the earlier BGs
eg: WDW: 49-76 right now. 27 BG spread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter