• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

Just checking in to make sure everything is ok...:)

I haven't been on in a few months thanks to computer problems, but I'm back! I don't know that I'll do a full TR still, but I will certainly at least post my pics and give little blurbs about each day. I should be able to start doing that later this week! :goodvibes

I'm hoping to get an installment up this afternoon :goodvibes But first, a quick real life update:

If you read my PTR you know I have a friend in Florida, my best friend really, named Steve who I haven't seen in 5 years now, since he moved down there from here in MD. I haven't been able to see him because his wife is an extremely jealous woman who doesn't want him around any other woman at all, even as friends. Well, they are getting a divorce, finally. I am not usually happy for marriages ending, it's a sad thing normally, but this divorce is way overdue. They never should have gotten married really, but he wouldn't leave her due to her medical conditions. But she told him the end of January she wanted out, and he was happy to oblige. So, I'm flying down this weekend to see him for the first time in over 5 years! :banana:

Now, the second part. I found out yesterday that there is a slight chance he may have to cancel this weekend due to work and I'd come down in a month or two instead. I already bought the airfare so if he cancels, since I already have the weekend off, I think I'm going to go to WDW for 2 days instead. :cheer2:. So, it's a win-win situation. I either get to see my best friend finally, or have 2 days at WDW. I may even fly down Friday night instead if I'm doing WDW. Thankfully I'm booked with Southwest, so I can change the flights with no fees. :thumbsup2

Be back later with an update!

I usually don't like when marriages end either, but in this case I'm gonna agree with you and say YAY!! :cool1:

Hope you get to see your friend. Or go to Disney! Both sound great! :goodvibes

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 6

After getting off of Splash Mountain (finally!) I decided to do something I have never done before!

153.jpg

I had an adorable little girl and her father in front of me. The daughter was only a few years old (3-4 maybe?) and was fascinated with everything! I took pictures along the way, of course! :laughing:

156.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

163.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

As we pulled into the Main Street station I got some pictures of the MK hotels.

171.jpg

172.jpg

I decided to head to Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner at that point. Someone had asked about their menu (Kathy, was it you?), so I took a picture of it too.

184.jpg

185.jpg

Stopping here for now, as Photobucket is frozen on me and I don't want to lose this update :)

I usually don't like when marriages end either, but in this case I'm gonna agree with you and say YAY!! :cool1:

Hope you get to see your friend. Or go to Disney! Both sound great! :goodvibes

I can't decide which I want more now! :rotfl2: Actually I do want to see him more, but WDW trip is not a bad back-up at all! Oh, and if I do go, I'm going to stay at CBR! :cheer2: I priced it and it's less than $100 more to stay there than a Value if I do 2 mights, and less than $50 more if I only do one night. Definitely worth it to me!

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 7

Okay, I think I have it working again, so let's try to get this going!

So, I had the Chicken Parm. The chicken was excellent, but the penne was a little undercooked, and hard. It tasted good (their sauce is surprisingly good) but I could only eat half since the pasta was almost uncooked. It wasn't a bad meal, but not my favorite either.

175.jpg

I took a few pictures of the room I was in, which seemed to be Cleo and Figaro themed.

177.jpg

178.jpg

180.jpg

181.jpg

When I finished eating I headed to It's a Small World, since it was right next door. I know a lot of people find this ride old or annoying, but I really enjoy it. It's something Walt himself dreamed up, and it's so full of stuff that I seem to notice something new every time I ride it.

186.jpg

Waiting in line:

187.jpg

189.jpg

191.jpg

193.jpg

196.jpg

And the ride begins!

197.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

207.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 8

It's a Small World, continued

213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

223.jpg

227.jpg

229.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

243.jpg

244.jpg

Once I got off I tried to decide where to go next. Hmm...where to go? :rolleyes1

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 9

I decided to head to Adventureland next. Along the way I got a picture of Splash Mountain at night.

246.jpg

247.jpg

I got on Pirates first.

248.jpg

249.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

255.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

263.jpg

Once I finished riding POTC, I rode Jungle Cruise, but wasn't able to get any pictures on there.

266.jpg

After that I decided to head over to the castle for the Magic, Memories and You show. I got some pics of the castle in all it's colors and designs during the show, which I enjoyed.

268.jpg

270.jpg

271.jpg

273.jpg

274.jpg

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

NEXT TIME: WISHES!

I wonder what they are doing to the side of the Contemporary?

When I finished eating I headed to It's a Small World, since it was right next door. I know a lot of people find this ride old or annoying, but I really enjoy it. It's something Walt himself dreamed up, and it's so full of stuff that I seem to notice something new every time I ride it.
I'm right with you regarding SW. It's something we MUST do each time we go to WDW. The only problem is I can't get that song out of my head for hours! :lmao:

Great pics. Looking forward to Wishes.

I wonder what they are doing to the side of the Contemporary?

I'm right with you regarding SW. It's something we MUST do each time we go to WDW. The only problem is I can't get that song out of my head for hours! :lmao:

Great pics. Looking forward to Wishes.

They were just doing minor work on the balconies, just rehabbing the resort. I read somewhere while I was there exactly what they were doing, but I forget.

I have to do it once every time. It's something that makes me feel like I'm really in WDW. Though I do agree about the song! :laughing:

Thanks! I'm going to try to post them tonight, and if not definitely tomorrow!

I'm so glad you're back! :yay: You got some great photos! Did you find out if you're going to WDW this weekend or if you're seeing your friend yet?? I'm sure you'll have fun either way!

I'm so glad you're back! :yay: You got some great photos! Did you find out if you're going to WDW this weekend or if you're seeing your friend yet?? I'm sure you'll have fun either way!

Thanks :) I don't know yet, probably won't find out until tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 10

After The Magic, the Memories and You there is a 5-10 minute wait before Wishes starts. I took a few pictures of the Castle changing colors while waiting.

287.jpg

288.jpg

290.jpg

Then, Wishes!!

297.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

310.jpg

312.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

317.jpg

323.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

342.jpg

343.jpg

UP NEXT: WHAT TO DO NOW?

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 11

After Wishes was done it was about 8:30pm and I was not yet ready to leave (the park didn't close until midnight that night anyway). I took a picture of the Partners statue lit up for night.

345.jpg

Then headed back to Tomorrowland for some more attractions. First up, another show of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor!

348.jpg

349.jpg

I was a good girl this time, and no pictures in the theater! :laughing: After that I headed over to ride Buzz Lightyear again.

351.jpg

352.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

359.jpg

361.jpg

Look at that score! That was the highest score I got over the 2 days there, well, that I got fairly. I did get a higher score later on, but I'll explain that then! Also, BLSRS was one of the few rides where I didn't take a funny picture, despite riding it many times. I forgot every time! :laughing:

Next up was Space Mountain again, but first I got a Fastpass for Buzz to use later.

363.jpg

362.jpg

367.jpg

A cheesy pic of me, but I love the girl in the back's pose! :rotfl2:

371.jpg

372.jpg

I grabbed a Fastpass to get back on later...

374.jpg

Then I had to decide where to head next until I was ready to use my Fastpasses. Where to go?

CONCLUSION TO THE DAY IN THE NEXT POST.

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 12 (THE CONCLUSION!)

I wanted to hang around Tomorrowland (in case you didn't notice, it's my favorite area of MK!), so I headed over for one more Monsters Inc show.

375.jpg

376.jpg

377.jpg

I then used my Fastpass for Buzz, and got a pretty low score.

378.jpg

379.jpg

The line was very short by then (almost 10pm) so I got right back on to try for a better score.

380.jpg

381.jpg

382.jpg

383.jpg

384.jpg

Better, but I bet I can improve on that even! ;)

385.jpg

386.jpg

389.jpg

I decided that score was good enough, so I headed over to use my Fastpass for Space Mountain.

390.jpg

396.jpg

I was getting tired by then, so I decided to call it a night, knowing I was coming back at the end of my trip so I could ride more attractions then.

397.jpg

399.jpg

401.jpg

The lake had the light parade going on then, so I got a picture as I walked to the POP bus stop.

402.jpg

It didn't take long at all for the POP bus to show up, and I was the only one on the bus back to POP Century.

405.jpg

I went to bed after arriving at the hotel and slept well that night.

NEXT TIME: EPCOT FUN!

I'm so glad that you're back on the Disboards. I've enjoyed the latest updates and have to comment on how great the pictures are. My night time pictures are always blurry but you're are so good.

I can't believe that you may go to WDW this weekend. Oh and it sounds like the divorce is the best thing for your friend.

I don't care what people say, I love It's A Small World. I even got a little plush toy for Peanut that plays the instrumental version of the song when you pull on the cord. I'm starting her training early. :D

I love pretty much everything you did that night. Magic Memories and You is always so amazing. Since I'm used to going in the summer, it's crazy to me that Wishes would be over by 8:30pm!!!

I'm so glad that you're back on the Disboards. I've enjoyed the latest updates and have to comment on how great the pictures are. My night time pictures are always blurry but you're are so good.

I can't believe that you may go to WDW this weekend. Oh and it sounds like the divorce is the best thing for your friend.

Thank you, I'm glad to be back! :) My camera has a fantastic night mode that helps those night pictures not look blurry from the contrast. I really like it!

It's not likely that I will, but it is possible. I'm definitely hoping I get to see Steve since I haven't in so long, but WDW would not be a bad substitute! :rotfl:

I don't care what people say, I love It's A Small World. I even got a little plush toy for Peanut that plays the instrumental version of the song when you pull on the cord. I'm starting her training early. :D

I love pretty much everything you did that night. Magic Memories and You is always so amazing. Since I'm used to going in the summer, it's crazy to me that Wishes would be over by 8:30pm!!!

Yay for Claudia that she gets that toy. And smart to train her young! :rotfl2:

I was actually shocked Wishes was so early, as the park didn't close until midnight that night, but who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter