Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

Oh no! If you still want direct you could look again at Thomas Cook and stay in a cheapie travel inn the night before( there are some cheaper return prices around your dates on Sun 28th or Fri 26th if you wanted to save a bit) or have you had a look at flights from Dublin? How long can you keep the booking and only pay your deposit? Something might come up pixiedust:

Last edited:
The pixie dust arrived!!

Prices direct with BA were so much cheaper if we traveled 14th-28th instead of 15th-29th, so I called Disney, spoke to the loveliest CM on the phone who said she could move our trip forward by the day for no charge, and so we are now all booked to fly with BA on August 14th, which is our wedding anniversary! We get to arrive at WDW on our wedding anniversary, and the flights are even the times I preferred (earlier outward flight, later return flight)

I'm so excited, and I'm a day closer to my WDW trip!! :D :D :D :D

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
:jumping1::jumping1:

That was close! Glad you've got flights booked so your husband can't suggest going elsewhere now. A day closer is even better.

I am so happy to have everything booked. DH and I had a chat after we booked the flights last night that even if the price comes down on the flights now, the time and the stress it'll save is a huge bonus and worth the extra cost. It's all sorted, we don't have to worry any more and now we'll be there on our wedding anniversary which is so lovely! :D

I'm also a tad relieved, because BA's hand luggage allowance is miles above anyone else's and we used it on the way home last time- being able to bring two bags, and know that one can be up to 23kg stops me worrying about what I buy so much!

Joining in. I haven't been on the DIS in ages, and came on to find all my old 'saved' threads gone. I need some new ones!

Welcome @starann :) and welcome back to the DIS!

Disney evening for me tonight! I'm watching the newest episode of Once Upon a Time (just launched here on Netflix!) and eating a lollipop sent all the way from WDW! :D Good times!

I seemed to have been MIA and missed all your drama!

But I am so pleased everything is sorted, flights booked, your husband is still going! ( :thumbsup2) and you are arriving on your wedding anniversary! :jumping1:

I am still waiting for Aer Lingus to open up our dates to check prices to fly direct from Dublin! :sad:

I have also been MIA.. Wow sounds like a whirlwind but thank god your flights are sorted! And a day earlier too and on your wedding anniversary, that's something pretty special

Eeek! Eeek! Eeek!

So, the plan for a while has been a trip for DH and I in 2016, and then a trip with DH, I, MIL and my Mum in 2018. I've not been too impressed with the latter trip, as we had a very unpleasant stay with my MIL this summer, and I don't want to go on holiday with her. She recently told us she wants to go to Canada (something DH really wants to do), and as she's getting older and her mobility is getting worse and worse (she's an amputee, and has only one leg), DH thinks that trip needs to be sooner rather than later. That's fine, that doesn't worry me, but it was putting my WDW trip in jeopardy and I wasn't too happy about that!

I suggested to DH that in 2018, he goes to Canada with his Mum, and I go to WDW with mine... good plan. Both Mums prefer this idea, and it's all looking good to go... but DH doesn't think waiting until 2018 is a great idea for his mum, so it might need to be 2017... so at the moment, it looks like I'll be hopefully going to WDW again in 2017 with my lovely Mum!!! EEEK!!!

How amazing would it be to have two trips in the planning at the same time? (As we'd be booking WDW 2017 before we go in 2016!)

I know stuff might all go wrong before we get to that stage, but eeeeeeeeek! :D

So very exciting news today! I've been accepted as a leader for our local young people's Lourdes group... it means lots of fun (even if the extra work might be a bit much!) but I'll get to spend 10 days in Lourdes (France) next year a couple of weeks before our WDW trip working with a great group of young people.

My first job as a leader is to take part in the weekend away for in December, and the Saturday evening we have a big party... with a Disney theme! YAY! Finally, somewhere to wear my Princess Anna dress!!! :laughing: :blush:

We're under 9 months now, and this afternoon I had a long, long chat with my Mum about our plans for 2017. She's definitely still wanting to go ahead (there has been a change of her work circumstances this week, and I wasn't going to assume she still wanted to go, and had decided to not ask her about it until she brought it up).

We ordered her a Little Book of Magic and a 2016 Brochure a few weeks ago, and it arrived during the week, and so we sat down on the phone together as she said she wanted to know all about it and I pointed some stuff out for her, and she asked lots of questions. I explained the accommodation options (we're stay at WDW, as she doesn't drive and I don't want to, so the DME and all the other transport are musts for us!) and recommended a resort. We talked through why Value isn't a great option for us, but that we'd ideally like to be at a moderate resort (unless we can get an amazing deal on a DVC or Deluxe!)... we talked dining plans and all the options that go with that (she's in charge of deciding whether she wants to upgrade the free plan, if we book with it), and tickets and everything. She's definitely still wanting to go, and knows I'll be starting to look at deals available in the New Year.

Plan is, at the moment, for us to do 14 nights at a moderate (most likely CSR), flying out of either Gatwick or Manchester, depending on which is cheapest. (She's in Yorkshire, I'm in Sussex) Hopefully, it'll be quite laid back: not too much rushing around, plenty of taking things in and enjoying the atmosphere as well as experiencing the rides and shows. I'm so excited by the thought of having this booked before we go next summer. Leaving in 2016 will be so much easier knowing that I already have a return date sorted and booked! :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!