Restricted rehire experiences?

So I just hit the 4 week mark of having sent in ((and them having received)) my rehire paperwork YESTERDAY.

So I'm officially in the running to be hearing back from them any time between now and 2 weeks from now. If I don't by then, I suppose I'll email the lady who sent me my paperwork and ask how the process is coming along.

My nerves are SHOT.

I leave for vacation on Tuesday (DISNEY!) So I'm hoping to be celebrating drinking around the world. But we shall see! This friday will be 6 weeks of waiting.

I leave for vacation on Tuesday (DISNEY!) So I'm hoping to be celebrating drinking around the world. But we shall see! This friday will be 6 weeks of waiting.

six weeks? i'm at 4 days and already ready to lose it.

Oh yay! Me and my boyfriend are leaving Thursday to go! Maybe you'll find out before you leave, and it will just make your vacation all the merrier! I'm hoping I won't regret paying for a Disney vacation if I end up getting accepted again and living there and going there for free forever. haha.

At this point i'm not even trying to get excited about possibly going back. I dont want to get my hopes up to get rejected. Not sure why I would though. I was a pretty good CM when I was there..lol

-raises hand- Here's another one in this same situation.

Mine is a bit different though... basically, I got SCREWED on my last interview and somehow ended up getting rejected for BYU Spring 2011. I am a VERY persistent person and I REFUSE to let things go without a concrete answer, so I was put in touch with one of the team leaders at the resort to investigate the situation.

I was given a second chance and had my phone interview this morning. My application was still on file so all that had to be done was the interview. Turned in my rehire paperwork today as well.

I was a CP in 2009 and was literally begged not to go home at the end of my internship (they liked my work that much). I hope I get in this time, as I have nothing for winter and the money would be a lifesaver.

I have also found in my experience with Disney that "4-6 weeks" is not exactly always the case. I've always heard within 3 weeks, but that might just be me.

Good luck everyone!

At this point i'm not even trying to get excited about possibly going back. I dont want to get my hopes up to get rejected. Not sure why I would though. I was a pretty good CM when I was there..lol

Same here. But I feel like... there's no WAY they can't read my letter and not want me back. And my managers and coworkers LOVED me. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up either. I really don't want to be let down.

I have also found in my experience with Disney that "4-6 weeks" is not exactly always the case. I've always heard within 3 weeks, but that might just be me.

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, same here, but I'm already at 5 weeks this weekend for this situation. I found out my first time around in ONE week. Gosh. So I've never had to deal with the waiting game everrrrrr and it's REALLY nerve-racking.

Same here. But I feel like... there's no WAY they can't read my letter and not want me back. And my managers and coworkers LOVED me. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up either. I really don't want to be let down.

You sound just like me! It was the same on my last program. I don't see how Disney can say no.

I got an update. Pending.
"We were so excited you took the time to see our presentation and interview with us. We hope you find this opportunity to be as exciting as we do.

We are currently processing your application for the Spring 2011 Season, and at this time, your status is pending a final decision.

Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with a final update on the status of your application no later than December 10, 2010.

If you are not updated regarding a final decision by December 10, please contact our office at wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com."

So, yeah. Pending. I'll see what happens! Good luck to everyone!

I got an update. Pending.
"We were so excited you took the time to see our presentation and interview with us. We hope you find this opportunity to be as exciting as we do.

We are currently processing your application for the Spring 2011 Season, and at this time, your status is pending a final decision.

Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with a final update on the status of your application no later than December 10, 2010.

If you are not updated regarding a final decision by December 10, please contact our office at wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com."

So, yeah. Pending. I'll see what happens! Good luck to everyone!

-nodnod- Got the same email. Only I need to know a whole lot sooner than 10 December so I can finalise my winter plans for BYU Idaho... so Disney better work way quicker than that!

So since we are all waiting on our Rehire Statuses to be lifted ((or not)), I'm pretty sure that's the sole reason we are pending. So I'm not waiting until December 10 to contact someone, but I'm going to contact someone once I'm out of the 4-6 week time frame they emailed me about to decide on my status.

Also, I heard some good news from one of my old managers. He Facebook messaged me and said my rehire request was emailed to him and 2 of my other managers. He said they all agreed that I should have my Restricted removed, but that one of them made the final decision, and it wasn't him, but another one ((probably because she was our CP liason)). Hopefully this is a good sign and not a false hope he's given me. I am still trying not to get excited.

But yeah, this is probably what they will do with everyone if they read your application and consider it good enough to get passed up to your managers for a decision. That's just what I'm assuming... it probably goes through a basic screening process before going to your personal managers.

So I'm not waiting until December 10 to contact someone, but I'm going to contact someone once I'm out of the 4-6 week time frame they emailed me about to decide on my status.

Do what you want, but I don't agree that this is the best action to take. Especially when it comes down to Recruiting lifting or not lifting a restricted rehire.

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/faqs/faq_notification_process.html

"Please note that if you were notified that you are pending a final decision, that status update was the notification you were informed to expect within 3 to 4 weeks following your telephone interview as outlined above."

And although it wasn't quoted in Nala's posting, I have seen others who posted their full pending email and recruiting quite clearly asked for them to not contact them asking for an update.

If you heard from your old managers, then that means that stuff is happening. You probably won't be waiting until December 10 (they won't wait if they have an answer). But, if they are still on the fence about it and what they may be considering you for, not being patient and allow them to go through their processes may not work in your favor.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't do anything that would show that I'm not paying attention, following direction, and being patient as they asked. Too risky.

Well, exactly 6 weeks and 1 day had passed, and I got my purple folder yesterday! QSFB Spring! I'm thrilled! Good luck to anyone else waiting on it.

does anyone know if there is a way to see if you are on restricted rehire? i finished my last cp in jan 2010 in custodial and i left 2 days early one of my managers said i could be rehired but i have had a application on file for part time for the last 4 months and havent heard anything. i applied for the spring 2011 cp and have my phone interview tomorrow. thanks.

does anyone know if there is a way to see if you are on restricted rehire? i finished my last cp in jan 2010 in custodial and i left 2 days early one of my managers said i could be rehired but i have had a application on file for part time for the last 4 months and havent heard anything. i applied for the spring 2011 cp and have my phone interview tomorrow. thanks.

You can contact the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Casting Services office for your prospective workplace to determine your rehire status.

If you are applying to a Disney College Program experience at the Disneyland Resort in California, contact the California-Site office on 800 766-0888.

If you are applying to a Disney College Program experience at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, contact the Florida-Site office on 407 828-1000.

Well, exactly 6 weeks and 1 day had passed, and I got my purple folder yesterday! QSFB Spring! I'm thrilled! Good luck to anyone else waiting on it.

That's terrific that you got back in. Congrats! DD is interested in Fall2011, so I've been trying to keep track of things here. And how nice that you are able to add a new role to your CP experience. :)

I'm so glad you got back in!!! Congrats!!! :D Hopefully I'll see you down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter