Restaurants in LV? (I know... a bit off topic...)

HootDad

<font color=teal>Makes magical trips each year<br>
Hi all,

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I know a lot of DL fans are also familiar with LV so I was hoping for a little help here. My friend and I are meeting 2 of my brothers for dinner in LV. The thing is, both of them are not exactly flush with cash. And honestly - I don't want to pick up the tab. One of my brothers suggested The Olive Garden but I don't want to waste a meal in Vegas going to a place that I can go to in any city anywhere. So - any thoughts for decent, not too expensive place to eat, convenient to the strip (we have cars so OK to drive but I don't want to go *too* far off the strip - on the strip is better), that is not a chain you can find anywhere? Casual obviously is fine - a nice, funky pizza or burger joint would be perfect. Thoughts? Thanks!

Try the Grand Lux. There is one located in the Venetian and one located in the Palazzo. They have great food at moderate prices. You can get an entree for less than $15 a person. Hope that helps.

I second the Grande Lux! We also like America at NY NY. Its got a pretty varied menu and is affordable. Also, since you don't mind driving, you could go to Town Square. Its a few minutes South of the strip on Las Vegas Blvd. We live near las Vegas and love Town Square. There are several good choices for dining, my favorite is Yard House. I can't include a link on my phone, but Google Town Square Las Vegas!

The Grand Lux is a Cheesecake Factory. Not a bad choice given your budget issues, but the food is not unique to Las Vegas.

I haven't been to LV in 4 years and a lot has changed. I'd recommend searching the boards at travel2vegas.com . They know that town inside and out.

Secret pizza at the Cosmopolitan! Or Holstein's is there too (burgers and shakes).

Off strip at the M Resort has a good buffet with all you can drink beer and wine included. (if that's a factor for you) There are several locations ON the strip that provide free shuttle to and from M resort. NYNY is also a great place for food choices ranging in all sorts of prices. I personally like the Cantinas as well...salsa, diablo etc.

We were there in March and our favorite was Serendipity 3 at Caesar's Palace! It's a fun quirky and casual place plus, it wasn't as expensive as other places in Vegas that we didn't enjoy nearly as much.

The Hash House A GoGo, great spot, big servings and watermelon lemonade

I really can't recommend The Peppermill enough it is a Las Vegas staple on the strip, it is a favorite of the performers to visit after their shows. Very cool vibe there and good food.

Chains restaurant, but still good...
Capriotti's great sandwiches, the Bobby is excellent.

There is a Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood mall.

Just behind the Flamingo is a restaurant called Batista's Hole in the Wall and it's pretty good. There are better Italian places, but the atmosphere's pretty neat.

The Grand Lux is a Cheesecake Factory. Not a bad choice given your budget issues, but the food is not unique to Las Vegas.

The food is not the same at Grand Lux and Cheesecake Factory. Believe me, I know. I've gone to my local Cheesecake Factory to get this amazing burger I love from Grand Lux. They didn't have it. Same parent company, different food.

Bouchon by Thomas Keller is surprisingly affordable for brunch if you stick with breakfast type items and order a side of their famous pomme frites.

This is my favorite restaurant in Vegas. Love the walk to get there too - absolutely beautiful! My favorite food item is the chicken and waffles. It is Ah-mazing!!!! We always end our Vegas trip with brunch here.

The food is not the same at Grand Lux and Cheesecake Factory. Believe me, I know. I've gone to my local Cheesecake Factory to get this amazing burger I love from Grand Lux. They didn't have it. Same parent company, different food.

I have to agree with Darth Mole, the food is just like the Cheesecake Factory.
The food is ok, but nothing to write home about.

Disclaimer is that I really dislike Cheesecake Factory too :-(

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated! I looked up all of the suggestions in this thread, looking for price, location, menu, etc. I landed on Holstein's in The Cosmopolitan. Burgers are always safe, it looks fun (though I hate the name) and it's in City Center which is good because we're staying at the Aria.

HootDad said:
Thanks for all the input - much appreciated! I looked up all of the suggestions in this thread, looking for price, location, menu, etc. I landed on Holstein's in The Cosmopolitan. Burgers are always safe, it looks fun (though I hate the name) and it's in City Center which is good because we're staying at the Aria.

Enjoy!! And you will have a wonderful stay there! My DH works at Aria and I have had the chance to stay there a few times!

Great thread. DH and I are going to Vegas this weekend. :woohoo: Battista's is one of our favorites. Free flowing house table red and linguine with clams. So good!

There is an Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood. If you look on Groupon.com or Living Socials .com you can find deals for places to eat for a good price.

There is also a Smashburger at Fashion Show LV. Right now online there is a $5 off $5 at Smashburger coupon floating around. Google and you shall find. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter