resort to resort

pgjam

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone:
I noticed on the website it is recommended that you take a bus from DD to get from OKW to FW. This is always the suggestion when going from one resort to another. Why wouldn't you just get on the first bus that goes to one of the parks & then transfer to the resort you are going to? You could be waiting for 30 min. for the DD bus while you watch the park buses go by?

Just curious - pgjam

If the MK were open, I'd take a bus there and transfer to either a boat or bus to FW. Of course, if the parks aren't open, you'll need to consider transferring at DD.

All the guidemaps will say go to Downtown Disney and transfer there for simplicity's sake. Take a bus there, transfer to another bus. And it's open all day long.

Going to a theme park adds a few catches that would complicate things a bit much for some travellers. Times, modes of transport, and good/bad/worse options.

However, you are correct, the most efficient way to go from Resort to Resort using Disney Transport is to go to the closest hub to either point A or point B, and transfer there.

Actually, DTD is a good transfer place for Old Key West since its so close. Another alternative for OKW -> FW would be either Epcot, or the MK. However, with the MK, you'd have to transfer to a boat. If you get on a bus to the MK, and you're the only one on the bus when it leaves OKW, talk to the driver. He or she might be able to drop you off at FW, since its on the way.

By the way -- Contrary to popular belief, DTD buses DO run every 15 minutes.

Thanks everyone - I did not realize that you can only take a boat from MK. At least that gives us some options.

pgjam

Originally posted by pgjam
Thanks everyone - I did not realize that you can only take a boat from MK. At least that gives us some options.

pgjam

Well, you could also take the Monorail to the TTC, and then hop on the WL/FW bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter