jrisi508

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'll be coming to Disney next weekend and since I'm training for Dopey, I'll be planning my runs. I was wondering if anyone has had experience running from the TTC -> Poly -> Grand Floridian -> MK or something of the latter? I definitely want to run from HS -> Epcot. Also, if you have any ideas for on-property loops, let me know!

I have definitely done TTC-Poly-GF, and my only comment is to look at a map in advance because the resort walkways always leave me a little confused--it's not like they are straight lines and the sight lines are hotel buildings that all look alike (at the Poly, for sure). I have yet to do the pathway to MK from GF--question would be whether it is open outside of parks hours, or if they would otherwise restrict running. If it's open, you could then link to Contemporary.

I'm pretty sure that Saratoga's running loop can be connected to OKW (I've seen other people mention it) for a longer run than you can get most places.

I have seen mentioned in another group the MK does need to be open to get through between GF and CR, and that you have to go through a security checkpoint.

I’m doing a trip next week and looking for the same info. I’m splot staying Poly/GF/WL. We usually stay at Saratoga and I love running there, I will even run through Disney Springs with the walking path to extend my miles. It will still be hot and humid looking at the forecast so definitely plan for early runs!

Saratoga Springs

I think you can run to Disney Springs and then to the POR resorts from there depending on the distance you are looking for. If you go into Garmin Connect -> Training -> Courses you can build some routes using heat maps or grab a course someone else made and load it onto your Garmin. If you don't have a Gramin you can download the GPX file and throw it on any map-capable running watch. I see a few courses in there that run north from there on E. Buena Vista Dr all the way to Windmere (27 + miles round trip).

I have run from the transportation center to the Contemporary Resort. No issues except at night if the bridge is closed for the light parade. (I am not aware if the bridge is open very early morning.) Running Hourglass Lake through Pop and Art is fun. I zig and zag through both properties. The Riveria is connected to Caribbean Beach.. Saratoga is connected to Old Key West. I get lost in these two as I am not familiar with but getting lost just means moore running. :rotfl2: And you can run from Hollywood to Boardwalk to the back entry of EPCOT. If you want a good long route you can start at Hollywood and do the Boardwalk area, go through the back gates of EPCOT and around the World Showcase (I do fast walking due to the crowds), catch the monorail to transportation center and then through Poly to Grand in front of MK and then to the Contemporary. Not a boring moment but be willing to speed walk around the showcase and know you will have to catch the monorail from EPCOT to MK. We stay at the GF frequently and I love running all the steps to all the different buildings in the mornings too. At Christmas time this is a great way to hit several resorts to see all the differeing decorations but taking the boat to Wilderness is a must. For sure a start and stop process when you are out sight seeing. Also you can all gondola rides inbetween resorts for non-boring sightseeing runs. The Dopey is great fun!! (Unless it is freezing cold at the start. However, it will warm up usually.) Take clothes you can toss as you heat up during the half and whole. Waiting in the cold is miserable before the sun comes up.

Only think with running Contemporary to TTC or the reverse is that you will need to slow down and walk through the Security scanners. As soon as you're through, the guards will usually wish you luck with the rest of your run. :)

We were just at Saratoga a few weeks ago and I was able to get in a 13 miler by running around SSR and then taking the nature path and running around OKW
They will not let you into Disney Springs until it opens
I have run from the Poly to the GF and took the new path to MK but it was blocked at a point because it was before the park opened. It's really not a lot of miles, so if you are looking to do more than 4-5 miles I wouldn't recommend running there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter