Resort Photo Session FAQ

From what I've been told, some photographers do it automitically, while others ask them to do it for them. So just ask at the beginning of the session.

Thank you.

OT, but your princess is adorable! :)

We had a great experience with our GF Portrait Session. I know everyone's experience varies, but I wanted to share what a positive one we had. I was able to book a few days in advance of our trip with no problems. We had a great photographer, he spent around 45 minutes with us and took photos in two different locations inside. We then went outside near an antique car, a carriage, a courtyard, in the grass, and on the beach. I was not expecting that many options.

We let him know that we had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare after our session, so he gave us the CD with all of the images from our session instead of deleting the mediocre ones first (over 80 pictures!).

I would highly recommend the session to anyone!

We had a great experience with our GF Portrait Session. I know everyone's experience varies, but I wanted to share what a positive one we had. I was able to book a few days in advance of our trip with no problems. We had a great photographer, he spent around 45 minutes with us and took photos in two different locations inside. We then went outside near an antique car, a carriage, a courtyard, in the grass, and on the beach. I was not expecting that many options.

We let him know that we had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare after our session, so he gave us the CD with all of the images from our session instead of deleting the mediocre ones first (over 80 pictures!).

I would highly recommend the session to anyone!

Can you post some? I am thinking of going there for the photo shoot now.

It's my first time posting pics. Hopefully I get this right! Here are a few from our session--there were several good ones in each location. Let me know if you want to see any from specific areas of the resort.

4945742077_3b2cbb6ef3_m.jpg
4946327904_0594f8a011_m.jpg

4945741417_39ef2b6b52_m.jpg
4945738423_30545251fa_m.jpg

4946325860_a0118ec480_m.jpg
4945740019_80e7635d0c_m.jpg
4945739305_736ef4a4ee_m.jpg

You are so beautiful at these pictures! Can you post the one with "oldie" classic car? I have never seen one before. Thank you.

I was actually looking for this resource a few weeks back. Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.This will absolutely going to help me in my projects .

I was just wondering who told you that? Barry said that there was no connection with Photopass and no way to link them. I really hope you're right, but from the way he talked, at GF there is no chance.

It can be added to your photopass card IF you also purchase the photoshoot CD, which that paockage is around 100.

It's in another thread all about the photoshoot. They are not related in any way. You can just add them to photopass card as well, but you still have to get the $100 package to do so. And you will get that CD from the photoshoot right away. But then you'll have the option to add borders to them on the photopass site if you have them put on that card too.

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure which it was because those who have done the $99 shoot have reported being given a Photopass card :confused3. I knew there was no connection between this and the park PP so I was confused. :confused3

I booked the $99 package with the CD. So that means I get the pics and CD when I pay at the end of the session and then get a PP card with all the pics on which I can upload to my regular account for the regular PP CD I have pre purchased ..... or am I still confused?

I can completely see why you would be confused. It is very confusing at first! I never prepurchased the PhotoPass CD (or even purchased anything from PhotoPass) so when I heard about both the CD and the photo session, it was quite confusing! LOL

I had to call alot of different people at the resorts & talk to lots of people on DIS who had already done the photo session. After I got all the information, I called the resort photo desk again just to confirm that I had the correct info!

The last statement that you said is correct...if you book the $99 photo session package (where you get the CD) the Photographer will usually give you a PhotoPass card. I say "usually" because I've heard that other people had to ask. We had our session in June at the Beach Club resort & our photographer automatically gave us the PhotoPass card. I never mentioned it. At the end of the session while I was looking through the photos on the computer screen, she told me that she was going to put the pics on the card & asked if she could just put it in the CD case!

Once you get back home, you can log-on to your PhotoPass account & enter that PhotoPass card into your account just like you do with all your other PhotoPass cards. So, technically, if you prepurchase the PhotoPass CD, you will actually get your resort photo session pictures on 2 CD's...the original CD that the Photographer gives you the day of your session...and the second will be with ALL of your other trip pictures (that's the CD that you can add borders to, etc).

The PhotoPass CD and the Photo Session are 2 completely different products. But in the end, you can add the Photo Session to your PhotoPass CD.

I hope that all makes sense! Another thing, watch your mail before your trip! We got a little booklet in the mail. It says something on the front about "Your trip is almost here" or something similar. Then inside, they show a few pictures of the resort & give you some coupons. There's usually a coupon for 20% off the photo session!!! You take this with you the day of your photo session...we paid $84.12 for ours with the discount. We ended up with the CD of all the photos plus 7 5x7's to take home with us that day. Then, I went home & put all our pictures on my PhotoPass account and added borders to them!

Just wanted to confirm that your info was correct! We just went in June 2010 and it still works this way! :goodvibes

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me! We had a great experience & will be doing it again in September!

Those booklets tend to only come to people with room only reservations. I just got mine for the upcoming trip and it did NOT have the resort photoshoot discount in it, so I don't know if the yare doing away with it now or not? Or maybe they just don't like me. :confused3

Those booklets tend to only come to people with room only reservations. I just got mine for the upcoming trip and it did NOT have the resort photoshoot discount in it, so I don't know if the yare doing away with it now or not? Or maybe they just don't like me. :confused3

The booklets definitely do NOT just come to those who have room only reservations. I booked through Disney Destinations and booked tickets, the dining plan, and a room...and I still got the booklet (3 years in a row including this past summer).

Also, my parents didn't even book through Disney...they booked through Travelocity.com and they got the booklet 2 years in a row.

I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that you get the booklet if you go into the Disney website & create an account. Then you "save" different vacations & they will send you information more frequently. Then after you finally book, they send the booklet with the coupons.

As I said, not sure about the last thing but I've heard that is true from multiple people who travel to Disney often. However, I definitely know that its not true that people only get them when they book "room only" because I've never booked room only & I've always gotten the booklet.

When is your trip? Hopefully you will still get the coupons in the mail closer to your trip dates! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get them! :goodvibes

The booklets definitely do NOT just come to those who have room only reservations. I booked through Disney Destinations and booked tickets, the dining plan, and a room...and I still got the booklet (3 years in a row including this past summer).

Also, my parents didn't even book through Disney...they booked through Travelocity.com and they got the booklet 2 years in a row.

I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that you get the booklet if you go into the Disney website & create an account. Then you "save" different vacations & they will send you information more frequently. Then after you finally book, they send the booklet with the coupons.

As I said, not sure about the last thing but I've heard that is true from multiple people who travel to Disney often. However, I definitely know that its not true that people only get them when they book "room only" because I've never booked room only & I've always gotten the booklet.

When is your trip? Hopefully you will still get the coupons in the mail closer to your trip dates! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get them! :goodvibes

Our trip to Pop is on April 3rd.

We have booked through Disney too. With 3 of our trips they were packages with tickets and dining. Never got a booklet. Then we had planned to go to Disney last Dec. I had one night booked for AKL, room only, and then a package at Pop. Only got a booklet for AKL. It was nice and had that discount in the back. But unfortunately, we had to postpone that trip due to DH's surgery. Now we have a room only for Pop and recieved the booklet again, but the discounts on the back are for something from a sunglass place and 10% off at Ghiradli (sp?). Maybe the discount is only for deluxe guests? Though I thought I read in the past that others got them, even when they weren't deluxe.

I think if you go into Disney site and make a vacation and save it (which I do al lthe time btw...LOL) you have a possible chance of getting a PIN. Sometimes I will get an email about that particular resort too. Again, never anything by mail though. I think the guys at Disney like to keep us guessing.

Our trip to Pop is on April 3rd.

We have booked through Disney too. With 3 of our trips they were packages with tickets and dining. Never got a booklet. Then we had planned to go to Disney last Dec. I had one night booked for AKL, room only, and then a package at Pop. Only got a booklet for AKL. It was nice and had that discount in the back. But unfortunately, we had to postpone that trip due to DH's surgery. Now we have a room only for Pop and recieved the booklet again, but the discounts on the back are for something from a sunglass place and 10% off at Ghiradli (sp?). Maybe the discount is only for deluxe guests? Though I thought I read in the past that others got them, even when they weren't deluxe.

I think if you go into Disney site and make a vacation and save it (which I do al lthe time btw...LOL) you have a possible chance of getting a PIN. Sometimes I will get an email about that particular resort too. Again, never anything by mail though. I think the guys at Disney like to keep us guessing.

Yes, I really agree with you there!!! Disney wants to just keep us guessing! :lmao:

It seems like we can try to figure it out, but there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern. :rolleyes:

I was upset when I read that you got a coupon for Ghiradelli! Yikes! I really hope they didn't take away the coupon for the photo session & replace it with a random restaurant coupon! You definitely would save more with the photo session coupon than a restaurant one, you know? I guess we'll just have to wait & see what others report...hopefully they are still sending them out :confused3

Have a great time on your Disney trip!!! That stinks that you got the booklet with the coupon & then had to postpone your trip & now you didn't get the same coupon! You know what? Now that I'm thinking of it, you might have something with Disney sending the coupon to Deluxe only guests! I completely forgot about this until you mentioned that. I didn't get the coupon, I took my mom's coupon with us on our trip because they weren't using it. We stayed at CBR (Moderate) and my parents stayed at AKL (Deluxe) so yes, you might be right about that. I really, really hope its not right though because we're not staying Deluxe & I want the coupon! :laughing:

The resort photo session is still a deal though in my opinion. I pay over $100 at JC Penney when I get my son's pictures taken for holidays & I don't even get the CD...if I want it, it costs another $100! So getting 7 5x7's plus the CD at Disney is a great deal for us! Although I loved getting the coupon and only paying a little over $80 :-)

Thank you for posting these beautiful pics. Our family is headed to Disney next month and we're slated for pics at GF also. I'm super excited after seeing these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter