Reservations include baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbug79

Sarahbug79
When booking ADR do you count a 6 month old in the headcount? If I already made them without the baby do I need to change them?

When booking ADR do you count a 6 month old in the headcount? If I already made them without the baby do I need to change them?

Babies count because they have to abide by the fire codes. It would be best to change them as soon as possible.

Just a heads up, when we had to change our reservation (we added someone to the vacation late), we had to cancel our reservation and make a new one. I thought if I called perhaps they would just add someone to our table, but twice I was told by a CM that they couldn't do that.:rolleyes:

Not that it is gospel but on a tourguidemike board I was told if you show up with an infant chances are you wont be turned away. Said the fire code thing is not accurate as they always have some capacity available.

Reservations were made for 5....now grandma is going so they were hoping to use the baby spot for grandma. I looked today and some don't have a table for 6 at the times ours is. There is some time to keep trying. Although I read somewhere that most tables fit even numbers vs odd. So maybe there would still be room. The other option which might happen is the dad not going if need be. Grandma is going in case dad has to work from the hotel at times.

Not that it is gospel but on a tourguidemike board I was told if you show up with an infant chances are you wont be turned away. Said the fire code thing is not accurate as they always have some capacity available.

Here's the thing though... if you show up with more in your party then you have a reservation for, you CAN be turned away. It does happen. However, no one knows how often if can happen. So, to me, it is better to tell someone to try and change their reservations because it could be a problem then to tell them it might be okay.

They would probably tell you only 5 of 6 can be seated. But they have a valid point in that I do not recall 5 tops at some places. Take Akershus All they have are tables with 2-4-6-8 chairs.

I told her to try to change what she can. Again there is a chance her husband won't be able to eat with them anyways so they would still be 5. Last time we went to Disney I totally blew it trying to get to 1900 park fare and we were over an hour late. I thought for sure we lost out but they were still willimg to seat us. I hope they will seat them without too much issues. And it is still a few months out so if we keep checking maybe there will be openings.:confused3

Not sure if things have changed that much since I was a seating hostess at WDW but we would never turn someone away for having an extra person. You may have to wait longer - although if you have a party of 5 and baby makes 6 it would not be too bad since most tables are 2/4/6 tops anyway.

The fire code PPs have mentioned have to do (for example) with a party of 4 putting a highchair at one of the corners of the table and blocking paths - which is a no-no not just because of the fire code but because servers can't get around. It has nothing to do with finding an extra 6 top, if you ever had dinner at Spoodles and remember how noisy it was - that was mostly me slamming tables together for big parties ;)

I think I've totally screwed myself unintentionally!

The very first, most important dining reservation I booked (I'm a disney newbie) was CRT and I booked for 4 people, the number of ticket/ dining plan holders... but I have a toddler who will be almost 2 at the time of the trip- he is free, no ticket or dining plan and I didn't include him in our important CRT reservation! *facepalm*

Shortly after I began booking dining reservation I learned on this forum that due to fire code the reservations need to include the little ones- even if they are free/ not ordering a meal... Trying to play by the rules, I just called disney dining to try adding him to my reservation and basically learned that they search for reservations the same way I do online and that they really can't help me add anything to an existing reservation?! I was told to just keep searching for reservation openings and to cancel & rebook for the right number of people.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm pretty positive I wont be finding another CRT reservation during our stay so I don't want to cancel. Maybe I can find a reservation for 1 in addition to my reservation for 4 at the same time?!

Will I have to miss out on CRT and cancel over this? What will happen if we just show up with him without a reservation modification and just say he'll be in my lap?
What would you do in this situation?

Just go to CRT I don't foresee an issue. I did not have our 5 month old on some of our ressies in Dec and no one said a word.

Just go to CRT I don't foresee an issue. I did not have our 5 month old on some of our ressies in Dec and no one said a word.

Just know that they can say something though. Like PP said you can't just show up with a baby who needs a high chair and put it where ever you want. Same goes with toddlers who may need their own seat.

CRT is going to be the rough one. You can go and try but have a back up plan of a quick service meal in mind. With only 4 seats they are going to put you at a 4 top so they will either make you wait for a 6 top or say unfortunately there is no way to accommodate the 5th person. I have been turned away from adding people, not an infant but adult to a reservation that included kids and babies. We were traveling with family and thought perhaps our local friend could join us. We got to the podium at 1900 park fare and were told sorry we just don't have the space. Friend sat in the lobby and waited for us.

I called the dining department a few weeks back because I accidentally left the infant off one ADR. They added him no problem. I thought for sure they'd make me cancel and wait for an opening, but they adjusted the reservation.

I have found that it's all who you talk to. I made a mistake and cancelled an ADR by accident. I called them right away and was told "there was nothing they could do." I then asked back 30 mins later after some push from a friend and the last on the phone willingly got her supervisor who reinstated the reservation. It's all in who happens to help you. Supervisors have the power to adjust things and make accommodations. I was very upfront that it was my mistake and never got pushy with them. The lady offered because, I assume, she could hear the distress and disappointment in my voice.

I made the same mistake and did not include my two year old for a dinner reservation at Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic Package. And I requested to speak to a supervisor and the cast member refused to transfer me to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter