Reservation Stalking

Cant wait for Disney

DIS Veteran
When you guys are stalking rooms (currently trying to grab BLT theme park views for early nov) how often are you checking the site? Just trying to gauge if I'm over or under doing it!! :thanks:

Well, availability can change in a minute and the waitlist could take it before you can see it. How bad do you want BLT?

:earsboy: Bill

Have you waitlisted it or do you have your waitlists tied up with something else?

Very badly! So checking pretty much all day long, whenever i have a spare 5 minutes, isnt overkill?!:rotfl:
This is how I got what I needed....stalking EVERY day and multiple times. It took a while, but I got it. I actually couldn’t believe it.

I have successfully stalked two reservations in the past year. Availability changes constantly, and it is kind of fun to see just how often it changes. I was checking at least four or five times a day--whenever I had a few minutes.

The first one was a three night stay in a standard studio at BLT for Wine and Dine race weekend last year. I can't remember the exact details, but I probably cancelled and booked reservations a half dozen times. I was eventually able to grab one night in a standard, and two nights in a theme park. I then waitlisted the nights I needed to get all three nights in the same room, and eventually all three nights in a standard studio at BLT.

The second time, I was able to piece together a four night stay at CC less than three months out. I originally was just going to do three nights, and actually got that on a waitlist. I decided to add a fourth night, and put in a waitlist less than 60 days out. I continued to check though, and actually snagged the room I neeeded by stalking before the waitlist could pick it up.

So, keep checking. And good luck.

I have successfully stalked two reservations in the past year. Availability changes constantly, and it is kind of fun to see just how often it changes. I was checking at least four or five times a day--whenever I had a few minutes.

The first one was a three night stay in a standard studio at BLT for Wine and Dine race weekend last year. I can't remember the exact details, but I probably cancelled and booked reservations a half dozen times. I was eventually able to grab one night in a standard, and two nights in a theme park. I then waitlisted the nights I needed to get all three nights in the same room, and eventually all three nights in a standard studio at BLT.

The second time, I was able to piece together a four night stay at CC less than three months out. I originally was just going to do three nights, and actually got that on a waitlist. I decided to add a fourth night, and put in a waitlist less than 60 days out. I continued to check though, and actually snagged the room I neeeded by stalking before the waitlist could pick it up.

So, keep checking. And good luck.
Thank you! It's encouraging to hear success stories! The hard part is checking all the time and seeing all those X's!! Our last trip was over new years and it ended up being a disaster of pieced together stays, we had to move 3 times! I'm trying so hard not to repeat that!!

I am in stalk mode too. However, I never see much change it is always the same blacked out unavailable X

I have been stalking availability for our June trip checking 2/3 times a day and was able to get a 1 bedroom at AKV K this morning. My dh saw it at 8 and I was unable to change my SSR studio to free up points and had to wait till 9 when ms opened. Stalking works :yay:especially when you decided go after saying you were taking the year off and booked in Marc has for June, not a whole lot of available.. :rolleyes1

checking everyday is totally necessary.... things change in th drop of a hat... Good luck and keep checking !!!!

I have been stalking availability for our June trip checking 2/3 times a day and was able to get a 1 bedroom at AKV K this morning. My dh saw it at 8 and I was unable to change my SSR studio to free up points and had to wait till 9 when ms opened. Stalking works :yay:especially when you decided go after saying you were taking the year off and booked in Marc has for June, not a whole lot of available.. :rolleyes1
Glad you got something!
We have barely taken 6 months off, so taking a year off does not work for us! (maybe not for you, either!):)

It might be overkill checking that much, BUT if it is a reservation you want then keep looking. I was like that when i was planning a last minute NYE trip -- there was nothing for ADR on NYE, I called and there were no options, so i took it to myself to keep looking - multiple times a day and poof i found something.

I don't think there is overkill. I just changed my BLT SV 2-bedroom for August so anyone who was looking for nights that week and is stalking is suddenly going to have options!!! I am doing the same thing for an October trip, just in case!!

This is me ... Didn't make a NYE reservation at BCV and now checking daily to find one. Probably not going to happen, but there is always hope!

Currently in stalking mode myself. I check at least daily. Trying to get the first weekend of October for my son's birthday. I managed to get a 1br at SSR, but would much prefer something at Animal Kingdom. I'll keep looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts