Resales a bit high- What's your savings percentage threshold?

Same but I wonder how long it'll last. I have gotten to the point that I rarely check their site because the pricing is too rich for my blood. I'm sure I am not alone in that.
Im right there with you. I deleted their app and no longer open the daily listing emails from them anymore.

I guess if you have a blue card, and are adding on because you want points for a specific resort, then you don’t care about direct benefits. But yeah, the inconvenience of ROTR and long closings alone is a reason for me to want a bit more price difference for resale.

I know everyone probably knew what you meant, but I just find this to be a hilarious and innocent disney-flavored "freudian slip!"

Hopefully we won't have to get on the app at 6:59:59AM in order to get a boarding group for Disney to pass on your resale contract! 😂

Are you a broker? 🤣
Lol, no not at all. I just chuckle at the hate thrown towards brokers here like they are trying to force people into paying too much (while those same people want to also sell their contracts for maximum value). Brokers don’t want to price everything too high and let them sit. The longer the contracts sit the longer it takes for the broker to make money on the contract. By the same token is brokers are seeing $100pp SSR contracts getting sold while being on the market for one day then they would be doing their sellers an injustice by not trying to raise the asking price of the next contract somewhat.

I bought a BWV contract and saved 24%. But resale was the only way to get the UY I want and it was a smaller contract with the full allotment of points for 2021. I'm happy with purchase. Just need to get it closed so I can get those points.

Yeah $200pp is hard to swallow. With around 20 yrs left that’s paying $10 upfront each point, plus $8 dues. $18pp. It’s not horrible but a rental or transfer is around that cost.
The only way that makes sense is if you just need 25 points because you want say an extra night in a 2BR each year etc. And for 25 points the difference in $200pp and say $150pp is only $1250. It’s actually not that much of actual cash difference and over 20 years that sure is a lot easier then messing with renting or transferring points.

How many points are you looking to buy? Contract size and whether the contract is fully loaded with points, stripped, or somewhere in between, make a big difference in how much discount off direct is reasonable to expect.

I think currently, 35% off direct for AKV is right around the number where it's at risk of being taken back by Disney's Right of First Refusal, but it might get through.

If you're looking for a small contract, or you find one loaded with points, I think it would be tough (but not impossible) to find a seller willing to meet you at that price. If you're looking for a big contract and/or it's stripped, I think that's a totally reasonable goal - but you may end up negotiating a great deal for Disney and wasting several weeks in the process.
I'm looking for 50-60 points at AKV Oct. I only have 100 there, and we like the 1 bedroom Savanah, so I have to limit to 3 nights. 50-60 would give me another night and a bit to bank for borrowing. I love split stays between resorts- four to five nights at each.

I'm looking for 50-60 points at AKV Oct. I only have 100 there, and we like the 1 bedroom Savanah, so I have to limit to 3 nights. 50-60 would give me another night and a bit to bank for borrowing. I love split stays between resorts- four to five nights at each.
I was just about to tell you about a contract that matches perfectly, then went back and read your first post and it appears you already knew about it. :lmao:

My threshold is break-even at 10 years or less.

So VGC math (since that has the mythical $320/pt listing)...

100 hypothetical VGC points x $320/pt = $32,000.
100 points = 5 weekdays/year at the 20pt mark (which is just above the lowest season of 17pts/night). Doing this for math simplicity.
Annual dues = ~$700/yr

Direct comparison = GCH room (the rooms/studios are virtually identical)
5 weeknights a year @ $700/night at GCH = $3,500 per year.

10 years x $3,500/year GCH = $35,000

Therefore, my maximum threshold for a VGC contract in the above case would be:
10 years annual dues = $7,000
$35,000-$7000 annual dues = $28,000/100 points = $280 point

I'm surprised by all the stripped contracts, you would think there would be more with points since a lot of people weren't able to use them? At one point it made sense to buy one without paying for current points but not if no points are available for 2 years.

For a small contract like that the only way you would get it for less would be if it was completely stripped and then the price is still going to be ~150.00 a point

I don’t study the resale market but, this whole supply & demand theory doesn’t seem right…a few years back I watched the market and boards here, got daily emails from all the big names. It seems to me that every resale broker from that group has way more contracts listed than they used to. Wouldn’t that mean supply was up?

I don’t study the resale market but, this whole supply & demand theory doesn’t seem right…a few years back I watched the market and boards here, got daily emails from all the big names. It seems to me that every resale broker from that group has way more contracts listed than they used to. Wouldn’t that mean supply was up?
I was just recently looking to pick up another resale and to me it seems like there are a lot less for sale than 18 to 24 months ago when I bought a 100 point AKL resale.

Yes and no, from some little digging I did, I know one of the majors appears to be doing a lot of foreclosure flipping. I think normally a lot of those points end up being bought back by DVD, but maybe they have eased back on that right now and the bigger resale brokers are snatching them up for decent enough deals to make money on the volume of them they are doing right now.

Demand is also pretty insane right now as well, so while supply might be up from prior times, demand is also up. When demand and supply both go up, prices increase until they hit equilibrium or go high enough that demand falls dragging prices back down with it. I think some of the supply too is the "well if you're dumb enough to pay THAT much for my points, I guess ill sell them" crowd. People who never would have thought to sell a year ago when prices were what they were, but now, sure i'll sell you my points and take a hefty profit...

Yup, you can add-on in smaller increments, i think the minimum add-on is 25 points. The 150 min only applies to new members making their first dvc purchase.
From what DVC has posted. New members must but at least 150 points. I know it makes no sense when you buy a fixed week for around 130 points, then pay for more to 150 points. Previously non members could buy at least 50 points. The 25 points was limited to certain resorts for pre existing members.

I'm surprised by all the stripped contracts, you would think there would be more with points since a lot of people weren't able to use them? At one point it made sense to buy one without paying for current points but not if no points are available for 2 years.
I can't figure the price for contracts with no points until 2023!

Yup, you can add-on in smaller increments, i think the minimum add-on is 25 points. The 150 min only applies to new members making their first dvc purchase.
Is this the case for folks who buy resale for their first DVC purchase? In other words, if I'm buying 100 points resale, can I then buy 25 points direct as an add-on?

I still don't have my points from a BLT I closed on last month. I agree.
It’s probably not allowed to name the resale company used…
but I would like to ask a question.
You are the buyer and I am the seller perhaps. (Not really I would never sell my BLT points)
Lots of Information and discussions about the resale process, etc but nothing about the process for the seller …after ROFR and contracts notarized and signed…
Buyer waits for DVC to load points.
Were you instructed to alert the Resale Company or the Title Company or Escrow Funds Company that you have received your points and legal process to distribute funds to seller can now be completed?
This is never mentioned in contract for seller and I wonder if it is in your instructions as buyer.?.

Also concerned because my contract mentions the name of the Escrow Company and buyer alert for wire fraud and then discloses this is not the company that disburses funds to seller once they are legally satisfied with purchase…
Also concerned because A time line for the final funds is not legally in contract… And can this mysterious company handling disbursement take even a longer length of time….
If you do not want to read this, and respond , I understand…
Everybody hates long responses but someday you might be seller and should be alert.

Hope you have received your BLT membership and points…

Welcome Home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter