Requesting an area at CSR???

Katnmouse

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at the other moderate Disney resorts as well as OKW. We have come to realize that we are drawn to the tropical atmosphere of CBR and OKW. PORFQ just didn't "feel" right to us. So we need to make our reservations and we're thinking of trying CSR. In looking at the pictures of the resort, the cabanas area is very resemblant to CBR's atmosphere. The Casitas also look good...however we really have no interest in the Ranchos area. It is just way too stark and desert-y for our tastes. I realize that we are only talking about the exterior environment since all rooms look the same, but it seems to make a difference to my family. How likely are you to get a room in an area requested? Are you better off specifying to NOT be put in Ranchos or asking TO be put in Casitas or Cabanas? :confused3 Or will it even matter? I have not had great luck in my past "requests" at CBR so I'm a bit apprehensive.

We stayed in cabana 8A twice and really enjoyed it. We had requested this cabana and got it both times - the first time we were even upgraded to the lake view. The casitas seem to draw alot of the convention crowd and, I agree, the ranchos are just too stark looking - although a friend of mine just loves them - to each his own! as you probably know at Disney you can only request a certain area - no guarantee. We do seem to get our requests. We are heading to POR in March and hope for Alligator Bayou. I just love walking along all those pretty pathways! Beachfan

We have stayed there twice. And both times were in Casitas 4. Nice location. Although I hope next time to experience something different. :lmao:

We've stayed at CSR a few times, and we've always asked for the Casitas area. We really like that area, and its rather close to the food court/gift shop. Also, its the first pick up/drop off for the buses. My DD didn't think it was that far of a walk to the main pool area either!!!

Luckily, we've always been granted the Casitas area. I think it helps that that is my only request. I never request a certain building/view/room.

Enjoy your stay!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter