• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Requesting a room

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
I note some people prefer to stay in certain rooms etc ...... when you do you request these .... as we are booked would it be best to request them now, or wait until say a month or so before?

We are staying at Saratoga and have a hire car ...... 2 of us being 12 and 15 .... some would like to be by a nice pool etc.

Where would you personally recommend requesting our room to be?

Many thanks

wow you have lots of questions!! try doing a search on SSR, there are loads of threads on best rooms, also try the disney hotels thread or the dvc thread.
lookk at the map, none of the rooms are far from pools, depends on where you want to be, we have asked to be at the grandstand section, but each to theeir own, you kids are older, so will be able to walk better than my younger kids, when are you going , i think we ll be there at the same time, (3-24 aug)
tc
tracy

I have never requested rooms, I always feel less chance of upgrade if they know in advance what you want. Don't know if true or not but we have had nice upgrades in the past.
If something is very important to you then request it but I would leave it if not.
My only reqest is we don't want ground floor room (been in 2 rooms now with creatures in the room, 1 lizard sat on table & 1 roach in my shoe) I know upper floors still have a chance but we prefer higher, always ask at check in though don't request it in advance.

Wagne - this year was our first time putting requests in at a Disney resort and the first time we got a free upgrade!! We also got our requests meet which was a great start to the holiday.

We stayed at CSR and they upgraded us to a water view with a great view of the lake. I would never have paid extra for a water view (especially as it can be pool or fountain not just the lake) as with no balcony its not worth it in my option but it was nice each morning to wake up and pull the curtains back and look over the lake :goodvibes

I have never requested rooms, I always feel less chance of upgrade if they know in advance what you want. Don't know if true or not but we have had nice upgrades in the past.
If something is very important to you then request it but I would leave it if not.
My only reqest is we don't want ground floor room (been in 2 rooms now with creatures in the room, 1 lizard sat on table & 1 roach in my shoe) I know upper floors still have a chance but we prefer higher, always ask at check in though don't request it in advance.

Hello :goodvibes If we are staying at saratoga in two bed villa, then am i right in saying that there is nothing above this that can be classed as an "upgrade".

Since we are going in August, will it still be ok to ask for non ground floor when checking in??

Hello :goodvibes If we are staying at saratoga in two bed villa, then am i right in saying that there is nothing above this that can be classed as an "upgrade".

Since we are going in August, will it still be ok to ask for non ground floor when checking in??

No upgrades from their as far as I know.
Thats what we did, asked at checkin.

We stayed at POFQ this year and I faxed a request to them 4 days before travel.
I requested a room with a "nice view" close to all the facilities. We had not paid for a water view and I had read that some rooms face a parking lot. I mentioned we were celebrating a couple of birthdays and also it was our daughters first visit.

When we arrived and gave our name the lady at reception had birthday badges ready plus 1st visit badges. They also had a couple of Tinkerbell pins for the girls.

We were in a great location overlooking the gardens and I would be happy to stay in this block again when we return.

I would definietely recommend faxing over a request if you are wanting something specific.

we never put a request in this year at yacht club and although we got one of
the new refubished room its was miles away from every thing, overlooked the
airconditioning unit and terribly noisy, we stayed there one night, and then asked if we could me moved. we got an amazing waterview room overlooking the boardwalk, we could see the fireworks at epcot from balcony, we
were dancing :banana:

there is a grand villa at saratoga that i suppose you could get upgraded
to , it was amazin, we seen it when on the dvc tour, we are staying at
saratoga from the 1 to 15 august too, gonna lbe lots of us there :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter