• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reopening Menus

Because of the limited menus and not everything will be open it just means we can get a corn dog! We always go to a restaurant to eat a full meal but then never have room for a corn dog. :)
We have friends who every trip get a corn dog, and certain other foods and now have been looking at our pics saying "Wow, we've never tried..." So our upcoming trip, they are doing some of our foods. They always eat Tortilla Jo's, and their last trip, they tried Uva based on our pics, and now have a new favorite place in DTD.

Now, I will be very happy when we start getting more on the menus, but I can find things I want currently. ie Bacon Mac and Cheese cone!! My daughter will do the other cone. A few chimichungas! Sonoma Terrace!! French Market! Plaza Inn!

I'm bummed about Pizza Port, but I am hoping maybe it will open in a month or two. The limited menus don't bother me, I kind of expected that since WDW first did that. It'll be exciting once more restaurants and other menu items start to make its way back.

I was just relooking at some of the food items that are going to be on sale at Avenger's campus. Then I wondered if those restaurants will all be open on June 4th with full menus or if they will really cut some of back. I

I can definitively attest to the fact that the corn dogs at Magic Kingdom are no comparison to the Little Red Wagon on Main Street. I am salivating just thinking about the Little Red Wagon.
Life hack: they have them at stage door cafe too BUT WITH FRENCH FRIES. (This is pre pandemic, I haven't verified recently)

Thank you Gaugersaurus for starting this thread. I probably would not have thought to look for menus even though I like to be prepared, and we do have some little ones (and I have a picky eater DH), so this is great info. I am actually surprised at how much is open. Even with the limited menus (what? no poutine at the Red Rose?) I think there are enough choices that our whole group can be satisfied, and just the fact that we're in DL is what counts the most right now! These might not include our first choices of DL food but I can wait. I'm glad they posted the menus so we can plan ahead.

Last edited:

Our only concern with the limited menus is finding things for the person with food allergies in our group. Over the years he's figured out which places have things he can eat, and so far it's looking like he's got a lot fewer options now. We may have to bring food for him this time.

I am so happy Ronto Roasters will be open. I have been craving a ronto wrap so bad this entire year! But so bummed the kettle corn place in Galaxy’s Edge won’t be open. The chocolate popcorn is SO GOOD.

A positive thing that came from the limited menu is I have found items I didn't know I liked. And while I also really like Boardwalk Pasta (one of our favorite places), I know I will find options at other places and it will reopen, likely in the near future.

I'm not sure if the menus showing will be the same as what is going to happen at opening, as it does seem some of the menu items are the TOD menu items (ie Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers.). I'm willing to wait and see the options.
That's a really good point too. I should try and broaden my Disney horizon. LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter